New Zealand Group!!!

Options

Replies

• escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Leanne and I'm from Palmerston North but studying in Dunedin. I'm in my second year studying Human Nutrition. During my first year at uni I stoped exercising and watching what I ate. As a result I gained 10kg so I'm working on slowly losing it again. I've lost 3kg so far. I like being active and have just started running again.
    As for christmas goals, I would like to be at least down to 54kg and alot fitter.

Nice! You are 100gms lighter then me! We are heading towards the same goal :happy:
  • kiwili
    Options
    Hi Guys, I'm 21, I live in Whangarei Northland and I have just recently joined MFP. I already think that it is a great tool - I have previously joined Weight Watchers Online and I'm finding the tools and tracking options on here are a lot easier for me, I had a lot of trouble loading their website all of the time so it was a little off putting.

I have a long way to go, with around 50kg to lose but I'm feeling really positive about it and I'm rearing to go!

Feel free to add me on here :)
  • rschuurman
    Options
    Hey guys :)

I'm Rachel from West Auckland and a 23 year old student.

SW: 73.5kg
    CW: 68.3kg
    GW: 58-60kg

MFP is great so far! Awesome having Kiwi friends on here.

Rach x
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Tanya from Hibiscus Coast. Awesome to see all us kiwis on here, I didn't realise there was so many! I love MFP and have found it to be a great help and motivator!
    SW 95kg
    CW 82.5kg
    GW 62kg
    I am hoping to reach my goal in Feb 2012
    Good luck everyone, go kiwis :flowerforyou:
  • Corby86
    Corby86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Cobus (Corby) - I'm a South-African kiwi haha,
    I live on the beautiful Hibiscus Coast in Auckland and have been a member here for a few months now. I'm half-way to my goal weight and hope to have reached it by the time it gets to Christmas.

Loving MFP - I'm so glad to see there's so many kiwis on here... YAY for being able to find more & more NZ food in the MFP food database. Keep adding more foods guys!

Start weight - 96kg
    Current - 86kg
    Goal - 76kg (subject to change as I'm building muscle at the moment, so it might come down to body fat % in the bitter end)
  • tarasutherland
    tarasutherland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hallo!

I'm Tara from Auckland.
    I woke up last week and realised that the reason I hadn't be diving was that I felt too fat.
    And the reason I wasn't teaching diving was that I was unfit.
    And I hated it.

So I talked to some girls I knew and logged back in to My Fitness Pal.
    After a week, I feel better and I am teaching this weekend.

I don't have a goal for Christmas - I just want to feel better ... and fit my old "good butt" jeans.

I'd love to add a few more people to my friends list :)

Tara
  • d_kiwi66
    d_kiwi66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Deryn from Palmerston North. Just starting out on MFP and feeling very positive about the journey to come....and it's going to be a long journey, I have 40-45kg to lose.

Am keen to join the facebook group; have sent a friend request, Deryn H

D :smile:
  • treenzdreamz
    treenzdreamz Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm from Nelson and are just starting out here and after friends.. I've gained 11kgs since having my boy 17 months ago and I'm on mish too get down again.
    I have so far lost 3 kgs and for the next 10kgs i've joined here and hope too acheive 5kgs off this goal by xmas for my step daughters wedding :)
    Feel free too add me
  • c_flannery
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Cristy and I live down in Dunedin. I am 26 years old and live with my fiance. I am in my third year of working as an accountant and am studying to become a qualified CA. This year has been so full on with work commitments and study commitments & stress levels are through the roof! I lost 15 kg with Weight Watchers a while back but due to my hectic lifestyle I gained it all back and kept making excuses. I have decided that this has to stop (after reaching 90 kg again, the heaviest I have been in years), so I logged back into MFP and one week in I have lost 2.3kg. It really does work when you sit down track what goes into your mouth.

I am going to make a real go of it for the next few months and I'm not going to use study as an excuse! I am currently 87.5 kg and hope to be under 80 kg by Christmas.

It is really great to find a kiwi group and it would be nice to add some of you as friends for some support :-) The FB page sounds like a great idea as well.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Kiaora!

My name is Mel, I'm a 28 (well in two days anyway) kiwi, who lives in Mackay, QLD.

I wish I was home at the moment, as Im a massive sports nut and have been loving the world cup.

I've got on here mainly to get healthy for my wedding in March and to have kids.

I've lost 3.2kg so far in a month so Im a pretty happy camper at the moment.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • biddybid
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Andrea and I'm in Lower Hutt - Wellington.

I plan to lose 15 kg between now and Christmas
  • escadachic
    Options
    Hi Andrea.

Welcome!

I'm in Wellington too. Over Jville way. Feel free to add me.
  • MoveLoveEat
    MoveLoveEat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm Amanda, 23 and from the Manawatu.

I have 5-7kg left to go and have lost just over 6kg since I began, a little less since starting on MFP.

My goal is realistically to get as close to 52kg as possible by christmas, thats a little over a kg a month, although would be happy with getting to 53kg as I know these last 5kg are going to be hard to loose.

I am slowly trying to get into running half marathons, I've only done a couple of 10kms but now that summer is on it's way I should be able to sign up for my first half! Also signed up to play both indoor and outdoor netball starting next week and the week after respectively so the next couple of months should give me a bit of a bump in the exercise area, now to sort the food ;)
  • MoveLoveEat
    MoveLoveEat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ohh and some of you may be interested in this facebook page https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Shrinking-Violets/196701543686250

I am involved in a blog that a number of kiwi ladies who are trying to loose weight anonymously blog on, this is the page that keeps you updated when the blog is updated :)

It's nice to see the different ways people loose weight as well as the up's and down's they face while trying to cope with everyday life as well.
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi im melissa and im from nelson but now live in timaru im a 32yr old say at home mum to to boys aged 9 and 5,ive lost 12kgs since being on here and am aming to getting to 65kgs then tone up and take it from there
  • racyj23
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    So nice to see so many NZders on here - I was wondering where all the foods in the database were coming from! :o)
    I'm Tracy, 32, living in the wop wops of the south island. I was about 88kgs at my heaviest (I'm 5'2"/158cm). I got down to 68kgs and want to be at least there again. I started MFP at 78kgs and since mid Aug have lost 5.5kgs. Was hoping to 72kg by now - (so close) and want to be 68kgs by Christmas.
    I'm not sure what my goal is - if I could get to 62kgs I'd be stoked. I'm quite a bulky frame so I'm never going to be a healthy 50kgs as long as my *kitten* points to the ground, so just happy to be healthy and fit again. Last time I was 62kgs was when I was 17 and playing 3 sports!
    Really enjoying MFP - makes it much easier to be accountable.
    Thanks for the foods, keep adding them in there!
  • nakichk
    Options
    hi guys i live in taranaki.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    for any new people who dont know about the kiwi facebook group here it is

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/255128684526821/
  • escadachic
    Options
    hi im melissa and im from nelson but now live in timaru im a 32yr old say at home mum to to boys aged 9 and 5,ive lost 12kgs since being on here and am aming to getting to 65kgs then tone up and take it from there

Come on Melissa. Move to Welly. I need a friend to exercise with me. And Welly is awesome! Come move here!
  • desiree111078
    Options
    33 from palmerston north