25 TO LIFE January

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
Starting a new year, starting a new thread!

I started this thread in March of last year. It kind of had 2 meanings for me.
25 to life, playing off a jail sentence, which is what I felt like. I was stuck in my own body being weighed down and not being able to get out.
And the second meaning.... if you've got 15, 20, 25, 30 pounds to lose. You can get control of your life again and live the life you've always wanted.

So, new and old, let's start this new year off right. Make friends, share our sorrows, revel in our joys, write down any questions, concerns, or just vent if you like. We're here.
We should weigh in every Monday, and take our measurements on the first of each month. If you don't own a measuring tape, I'm sure your clothes will tell you how you're doing.

Time to get FINE in 2009!
DRINK YOUR WATER:drinker:
JENNIFER

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    Starting a new year, starting a new thread!

I started this thread in March of last year. It kind of had 2 meanings for me.
    25 to life, playing off a jail sentence, which is what I felt like. I was stuck in my own body being weighed down and not being able to get out.
    And the second meaning.... if you've got 15, 20, 25, 30 pounds to lose. You can get control of your life again and live the life you've always wanted.

So, new and old, let's start this new year off right. Make friends, share our sorrows, revel in our joys, write down any questions, concerns, or just vent if you like. We're here.
    We should weigh in every Monday, and take our measurements on the first of each month. If you don't own a measuring tape, I'm sure your clothes will tell you how you're doing.

Time to get FINE in 2009!
    JENNIFER
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear all this! Good luck!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen! Nice to see you are still around. I am not actually focusing on weight loss at the moment, but am just trying to maintain while dealing with some other projects in my life right now. I have tried to stay sensible with my food (though the holidays were a little rough), and have been trying to do cardio 3x/week + pushups. So far, so good - I have not logged my food for a couple of months now and have not gained!

In a few months when real life eases up (I am trying to finish my degree!), I will be ready for some fine-tuning and would like to tone up a bit more and lose a few more pounds. Until then, I'll drop in from time to time to say hello and cheer you all on! :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Okay - I'm in. Thanks for starting the thread. I need all the motivation I can get.
    :wink:
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    Great post!

Also wanted to say, I just checked out your profile and photos - you look AMAZING!!!! Terrific job!!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year all. I am back logging and exercising. I did not gain over holiday's but did not loose. Hope everybody did ok yesterday morning with the ice. My son and I both fell, some bruises but nothing major. :laugh: we were being very careful. Thanks for the new thread Jen and you still look great. Sounds like you are doing well cp. Welcome all new we will be there to support you and log daily. Well back to work glad we are back. :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Do we start new threads daily or just continue with the same one everyday?

Where are you sindyb9 that you have ice? I know there is cold weather all across the US right now - for the last month!

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • jenbar
    Options
    Hi and thanks everyone!
    Grammy (sounds kinda weird, calling you grammy! if you want, let us know your real name!)
    This thread will go for the whole month. You can come on here, jot down things for your own personal use (when it's in black and white, it makes you more accountable!) And we come in when we can to say hello, see how everyone is doing, tell us what you did that day, and so on!
    We're here for you. And if you have any questions, some one might be able to help and give you some answers!
  • jenbar
    Options
    So I'm stuck home with kids and hubby due to ICE. Can't get to the gym. Or rather, I'm not going out in this mess, cause I like my life! I'll get back in the gym tomorrow. I think I'll make the Moroccan Chicken Stew today. I wonder if I can make it in my CrockPot?
    I made a yummy spinach, egg white and laughing cow omelet for breakfast.
    I'll drink all my water. And so shall YOU, right?!!!!

Good luck everyone!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Got room for one more?:smile:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Welcome Sara. Yes, always room for one more:wink:

Yes - I WILL DRINK my water! I'm going to get a cup of hot water right now.

Have a great day everyone.
    Esther
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm back. My mom moved down last summer and I have been acting, and eating like I was on vacation. Well the 7 month "vacation" is over. I am back to logging and working out and doing what I need to. :grumble: I am disgusted and embarassed to say I have gained 25 lbs since I fell off the wagon. :sad: :noway: :sad: I signed up with the year long fitness challenge at the gym which includes a personalized fitness plan and quaterly Microfit assessments. And my mom is signing up with me... so maybe she'll stop cooking such horribly delicious food all the time! :wink:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Welcome Sara, of course! The more the merrier!
    Welcome back Proudmamma! Don't worry about it!
    Just get right back on track. You know what you have to do. Just get it in your head again. I fell off a little too, but never strayed too far. (the holidays really got me. cookies, drinks and parties) But I'm back on and going to get the last 20 off for good!
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Good for you proudmama. Today is a new day. It will help to have your mom on the same track with you.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi all.. I'm jump on this bandwagon if you don't mind... :bigsmile:

Last year I lost a little over 20 lbs and I have 15 - 20 to go (just depends on how I feel after the 15 goes if I'll keep going)..

Of course, that isn't counting the 4 I gained over the holidays that I'm praying is water weight... :grumble:

anyway, I live in Ohio, I just turned 36, and I have three beautiful babies - twin girls that are 3 and a son that is 5 1/2...

Lori

Oh, and I'm a ZUMBA fan and I'm going to Step class tonight... I'm hoping I can sweat out those 4 pounds! :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I'm in I really need to lose more than my 20lbs. I need all the help I can get

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy

I dark all my allotted water today. Sooooo Happy
  • jenbar
    Options
    Welcome Petunia!
    You sound like me. I probably only need another 15, and I'll see once I get there, if I want to lose more. Every time I mention to someone that I want to lose 20, they say "from where?????" But believe me, it's there!
    And iluvsparkles (Emily) is a BIG Zumba fan also! I'm sure she'll comment on you once she sees it!

Plantlady,
    20, 30, 40 whatever! It's okay, we all have different amounts to lose! And we're all here for the same reason and in the same boat!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen you look so fabulous can't wait to see that in me!!!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    How do you fight the cravings??? GRRRRRR just ate WAY too much at lunch!
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    I'm back on the wagon and starting a new year. I;m like Jen, only got about 20 pounds to go.

Jackie