Mini Goal One Week Challenge-9/11-9/17

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: September 11 to September 17, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? All are welcome!

Replies

• ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My goals:

1. Do week 4 of Chalean (final burn phase, yes)-keep in cardio of some form.
    2. Plan and pack lunches that keep me interested and are healthy.
    3. Start my new job on Tuesday with longer hours and still manage to keep up the healthy routine.
    4. Check in here everyday, even when I'm tired.
  • Jentorres2024
    Options
    This sounds GREAT!!! I'm just back to MFP and this will help me get my mindset right!

1. Walk everyday (7 days) for at least 30 minutes a day
    2. During the week (7 days) plan out my meals BEFORE I eat them
    3. Rinse and repeat :heart:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl as well! My plans for the week are:

!.) NO fast food!
    2.) Walk at least one mile a day. Add in some light jogging.
    3.) Get all my water in!
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another week :smile: I've done great logging every day for the past 3 weeks, so today I reviewed my food logs and was surprised that I'm averaging over 300 calories of junk food everyday :noway: So, this is going to be really tough, but I'm going to limit myself this week to up to 100 calories a day of treats & work on healthier choices. I'll continue to log daily (before eating) and try to get 3 workouts in this week. Looking forward to another successful week :happy:
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Great goals everyone!
    Mak-good luck at your new job!
    10more-great idea about limiting the calories in junk food!
    PegasusDeb-good luck on giving up junk food! Once I did I was able to control sodium so much better
    Jentorres2024-oved rinse and repeat:laugh:

My goals for this week are:
    1. continue to monitor sodium. If it is too high I will drink more water
    2. zumba or kickbox at least 4 days this week
    3. not let work issues make me crazy!
    4. log food every day : )
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in for another week and plan on making it a better one than last week. I was MIA more than I was on encouraging others, so I will work on that this week (just to be supportive, not as one of my goals) :heart:

Goals for 9/11-9/17:
    1. Plan dinner ahead of time to steer away from bad choices when I'm hungry and tired.
    2. Continue walking in the morning before work.
    3. Log my food every day.

Good luck to repeat members of this fabulous group and also to our newcomers - WELCOME :flowerforyou:
  • racha2424
    racha2424 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just joined 2 days ago and this sounds like the perfect mini challenge for me! My first official MFP weigh in is next sunday so this will be great.

My goals are:
    1-Exercise 4 times for 60 minutes each time.
    2-Log on and record my meals and workouts daily.
    3-Drink my 8 glasses of water a day.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!
    Welcome to the people joining us for the first week, and welcome back to all the people that have mini challanged with us before!

Looks like some great goals have been picked so far! Good luck to everyone.

My goals for this week (Repeating last weeks to help me work on keeping these as part of my new healthier life style)
    1. Week 13 of P90X - this is it, my last week and I want to finish strong.
    2. Get in 3 non P90X workout's in.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work everyday
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips)

Let's have a steller week everyone! :drinker:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    My goals this week are:
    Excercise 5 of 7 days
    Stay in my calorie goal of 1000 to 1400 5 of 7 days
    Try to eat three servings of fruits/veggies a day 5 of 7 days

Flying out to see my husband, which is two days of traveling for 2 days of visiting, but still out of those 4 days, I'm only hoping to sabotage myself two of them. I hope I can meet these goals.
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm back and I am going to do so much better this week! Thanks all for your support and motivation!

1. Drink a minimum of 80 ounces of water each day.
    2. Take my meds/vitamins daily.
    3. Walk a minimum of 5 miles this week.
    4. Some sort of strength/cardio 4 days of this week
    5. Purchase a HRM by the end of the week.

Laid out my goals a little differently this week. Many thanks to everyone for giving me some great ideas for new goals.
    All the best to my other mini-challengers..WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hey Gang!

Of course I'm back again for another week of mini-goals, where else could I find such a loving group of Women around these parts!:smooched: :flowerforyou:

SO great to see new faces:love: and seasoned veterans:smooched: already posting their goals!

Here's mine for the week of Sunday 9/11 -9/17

1. Bedtime 10:30 pm Weekdays
    2. Log food & water each day
    3. 4-5 days of workouts
    4. Stay FOCUSED!

Let's have a blast and really kick it in high gear this week, we have the power to succeed!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome back challengers!! And welcome new-comers! You will be hard-pressed to find a more supportive and fantastic group of MFP friends. This will be my 8th week on MFP & my 8th week with the Mini Goal One Week Challenge group! I was so lucky to find this group on my first day, and I haven't looked back since.

New Goals for the week (Mon-Sun):
    1) Exercise 5/7 days (Traveling to AZ for a couple days, so no planned exercise for those days)
    2) 10-12 cups of water everyday--including travel days
    3) Try to keep Sodium & Logged Potassium as close as possible and Sodium under 2000 5/7 days
    4) DO NOT WEIGH IN ON ANY DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY (start of week) Sigh. Sadly, I have broken this goal twice in the two weeks since I started it, so in keeping with the philosophy of "keep it as a goal until it becomes a habit" I will grudgingly add this goal again for the new week. If I didn't feel the urge to weigh myself 4 times every time I stepped on the scale, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. Sigh again.

Good luck everyone! I think this week is going to be a great one!
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Jentorres2024, welcome! Those are great goals! The rinse and repeat made me laugh. Thanks!

Pegasus deb, welcome! Fast food is so hard to avoid when you have no time, but I’m confident you can do it. Thanks for joining us!

10more, welcome back! Interesting observation. I’m almost afraid to look at mine to know. Especially depending on how liberally junk food is defined. You will do great on your goals though, I have no doubt.

Mrogers, if you meant me, thanks. I’m nervous about the new position, but thankfully it’s at least with the same school district. I think your goal to not let work make you crazy is great and super challenging. I’m confident you’ll be able to do it. It’s hard not taking that part of yourself home and leaving things there, particularly when you care about your job.

Danlyn, welcome back! I’m super impressed with anyone who can get up earlier than they have to in order to exercise. Maybe I go to bed too late, but I’ve never been much of a morning person. Instead I find myself squeezing in exercise when I can. Good luck with your goals!

Racha2424, welcome to MFP and this thread. We have a group of very supportive regulars and always love to add more to the bunch. Glad you’re here. Your goals are awesome and you can do this!

Mak, I’m still in love with your goals…and the BLTS makes me laugh everytime. So glad you’re back! We are going to rock this week!

Lttee, I’m certain you will do well with your trip and I hope you enjoy your time with your husband. It’s hard when they are away from us. I can’t imagine.

Aim2lose, welcome back and I am so happy to see the positive attitude. You will rock your goals this week, I have no doubt. Remember, we’re always here to support you. This thread community keeps getting better and better every week.

Hearts Desire, so glad to see you and your positive attitude return. Your goals are awesome and so doable. I know you will succeed. The bedtime goal was pretty challenging, but I found when I did it last week that I actually made it all but one day because I knew I would not let you guys down (which in turn benefitted me).

Philosohoe, enjoy your trip! You will do great with your goals and hey, that’s additional days you can avoid a scale. So glad you’re here. I love your support. :-)
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ladygloria I did mean you!:embarassed:
  • ladygloria
    Options
    Ladygloria I did mean you!:embarassed:

Hey, being confused with Mak is an honor. She is a good group leader. :flowerforyou:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    here's to a new week, today was bad because it was bithday party for my daughter.
    Goal repeat c25k W4 because I was not doing well with that 5 min run time. Cont to get 10 cups of water. Going to add getting up earlier daily to make my days smoother.
    Good luck everyone and get moving stay within goals and lets do this!!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Thanks LadyGloria, it's very hard to be without him. I've been looking forward to it for so long now!

My check in:
    Excercised what I would consider 3 times today. Really active and then really relaxed today. Too bad excercise can't be stockpiled, could use one of the workouts for this weekend.
    Stayed in my calorie goal. Thinking of running low for a few days considering I'll be high this next weekend.
    As long as chocolate covered raisins count as a fruit (which I wholeheartedly believe that they do) then I've had three servings of fruit. No veggies. And thank goodness I can mix blueberries in with cereal. This is going to be a tough goal for me.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi gang...
    Glad to be back. Here are my goals for this week. Weigh in is tomorrow so I will be back (in my terminator voice)! :bigsmile:

1) Eat breakfast everyday
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water everyday
    3) Exercise 1hr three times per week
    4) Log everyday... try to log food BEFORE I eat it
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Check in for Sunday:

1. :huh: :yawn: Ah...guess bedtime is 10:45pm tonight! :grumble: :tongue: <~~working on it!
    2. Workouts start back up tomorrow
    3. Great food and water day
    4. FOCUSED! Had a good day with that challenge..

only one minute left before my now 'late bedtime'. lol So I'll expound more on what I mean by "stay focused" in my goals.

Night! ~~~~~~~~~~> running to shut the light off!:smooched:
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am totally in. Very interested in the increased accountability and connection support that comes with challenges like this!

1) Work on body image issue by limiting, if not eliminating, the negative thoughts and self loathing comments towards myself , my current weight and my body..especially in front of my son

2) park farther, take stairs and stop seeking out convenience when it comes to physical activity

3) drink more water and less wine :)