Need support for huge weight loss goal!

Options
2»

Replies

• goodridges
    goodridges Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out with a massive 100lb+ to lose. Losing just 5 pounds a month is just right; lose too much and it goes back on almost straight away when you eat "normally" . I think you're very brave to attempt this with kids around, they're exhausting at the best of times! This MFP diary and support is invaluable and we're all here to help you get to your goal which I KNOW you'll do. Keep up the momentum with your hubbie, he's your inspiration that it CAN be done. Good Luck!! ;-}
  • birdshoup
    birdshoup Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can't thank you all enough for the overwhelming support i received immediately! I will definitely add anyone who wants to form a supportive relationship. Day one! Here we go!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I am 29 and have gained 60 lbs in the past 7 years... I am now at my all time heaviest and just misrable. My husband and I are over it and want to lose the weight we have gainned however it gets really frustrating as he cuts back 2 days and loses 8 lbs and I gain?!?!?! WTF? So.. I am trying not to pay attention to him and just give it my best and try my hardest. I have slipped and strayed and starting today I am back on the wagon. I have the MFP app on my phone as well and will log everything that I put in my mouth. My best friend is on here and has lost over 80lbs!! She is a true inspiration and she has been working hard at it for over a year. It just shows that even though it takes a little bit of time... with hard work and dedication... it can be done and she looks amazing and is such an inspiration to me!
    Together we can do this! I believe that MFP is a great tool to help stay motivated and see your progress. Plus the peoplle on here are so nice and helpful and really help motivate you when you are feeling blue.

Good luck. I know you can do it!! :wink:
  • 20dee
    20dee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm also one of those that do great at work, where I take my lunch BUT when I get home and weekends the gloves come off. I have been trying a few new statagies the last few days--

1. I am trying to drink 3 large glasses of water between the time I get home and suppertime. (gets me full and I am not nibbling as I am cooking)

2. After I fix my plate and BEFORE I start eating it -- I put the leftovers away so I won't go back for a second plate.

Hoping this helps me!
  • Luckiestmomever
    Luckiestmomever Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You have to start somewhere, right? Good for you for joining! Good luck! I also have a lot to lose, we can do it!
  • Kambriasgranny
    Options
    5 pounds a month is so much better than gaining!! I have only lost 4 pounds in the past month...but I know that I must be be consistent and not give up! I have also been on every 'diet' imaginable and I am determined to make this a lifestyle..not a diet. I also know that I must exercise...it is a key part of getting the weight off and keeping it off. Good Luck...add me as a friend and I will do everything possible to keep you motivated!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are taking the right step. I started using MFP 6 1/2 months ago and so far has lost 46 pounds. Why this program has worked for me is that it allows me to keep track of my calories in and also log in my exercise. Also the wonderful supportive network at MFP has kept me going on days when I didn't really want to exercise or eat healthy. So, this is a great program to be in. I have always been overweight but I have never really tried any diets to lose weight. I was and still am very happy with my life...but 6 1/2 months ago, I finally decided that I wanted to be healthy and not be out of breath while climbing stairs etc....so once you put in your mind that you are ready for a change and is ready to lose that weight, you will do it.
    Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend. We are all here to support you through this journey :-)
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Great first step! Welcome! This is a great support base for loss! Someone else said set mini goals. Break it down into decades and it's easier to keep focus on that rather than the big picture...I also give myself rewards at each mini goal...the first was a new haircut and my next (1.6 pounds to go) is that adorable bedding set for my bed! Add me if you would like!

ohhh if you have smart phone you can download the app! That helps when you are away from computer to add food to diary! I add it BEFORE I eat it. A lot of times when I see what it is going to do for my calories I change my mind!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. Yes, i have a huge amount to lose... lost 50+ so far, but have a long, long way to go. I'm just taking it one day at a time and have committed to see it through to the end.

Stay positive! :)
  • Jsoroka
    Options
    I a Steelers fan looking up the weight loss mountain. I am in it with you! We can do it.