WOW!!! I am soooo mad at myself!!

Options

Replies

• trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    it happens to the best of us, tommorrow is another day, good luck in your weight loss:smile:
  • daisy0482
    daisy0482 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you are right i was thinking logically... whats healthy greens and shrimp for protien plus its grilled - awesome!! Next time before we go I will go online and check out the best choice cause that what I wanted to do!! I am so on fire for this you wouldnt believe!!! Thanks for the tips so i never make this mistake again!!

I just wanted to share so no one else does the same...

signed, miss uneducated
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You had the best of intentions. Don't be mad at yourself! You learned a valuable lesson today :)
  • fastergoofy
    Options
    Oh, just so people know, the Applebee's we go to has been happy to substitute veggies for any potato sides.
  • kaylynn54
    Options
    You can still eat at Appleby's because they do have a lot of low calorie entrees. Just Google Appleby's nutrition guide and just make a better choice next time. I think that the tilapia would have been a good choice, but then again, I love tilapia!!! Today isn't the end of the world just because you go over your calories ;-)
  • lijparsons
    Options
    HOw about going for a walk or doing some form of exercise to burn some calories.....then you can eat dinner today, and not have to wait til tomorrow to eat again.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    not a big deal. if you exercise you can "earn" more calories to eat. not a big bump in the road, good luck and great job on 8pounds so far.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    OMG! I had a similar experience yesterday. I had a nice lunch at Applebee's with my best friend & her mother. I thought I was making decent choices. However, my small lunch size bowl of chili & oriental grilled chicken side salad cost me 710 calories! I wanted to cry. What can you do? We can't live in a bubble. I'm gonna laugh so I don't cry. :)
  • daisy0482
    daisy0482 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ps the dressing was already in the spinach
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    just because they give you a huge platter of salad doesn't mean you have to eat it all. box half of it up and take it home (the shrimp and spinach salad is actually great the next day; nothing gets 'soggy'). applebee's salads are massive. i can usually make three full meals from them. also, ask for the dressing on the side. you can box up half before pouring the dressing.
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yeah restaurants get you every time...especially those things that you might be thinking are healthy choices....oh well at least you logged it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • laz22girl
    Options
    Get into the habit of asking for everything on the side and adding back about half of what is giving with the salad. I normally eat all of the protein on a salad, but never all of the toppings. It's always way high in cals.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Things like this happen, but think of it this way... even if the calories were high, it did have healthy things in it (veggies and protein, yay!) and you enjoyed it. :)

It really sucks when you eat something that isn't very good for you or is high in calories and don't really enjoy it...

Not eating for the rest of the day could set you up to make bad food choices later, out of hunger. Just do a bit of extra exercise today and tomorrow to even things out and you'll be fine.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Restaurant food can be SO deceptive. One travel day, my hubby ordered the McD's breakfast burrito for me while I made a pit stop. I thought "Ok, it looks fairly healthy". Turns out it was the WORST thing on the breakfast menu. I think it was 600 calories! Lesson learned. I go on-line before we go out to eat, plan what I am going to order and refuse to look at the menu. Those tempting pictures and descriptions can weaken my resolve. I also have a brochure from several chains in my car so I can check things out before we go in. The good news is that one meal simply cannot ruin all your hard work. A little extra exercise, a bit of dietary tweaking and you are right back on track. Good luck!!
  • StormyLlewellyn
    Options
    Hey now don't be so hard on yourself.... 1010 cal, 69 grams fat, isn't as bad as other options on the menu like

((Quesadilla Burger (1420 cal/104g fat/4g fiber/45g carbs/77g protein/3740mg sodium/43g saturated fat)
    ((Potato Skins (1380 cal/97g fat/8g fiber/70g carbs/59g protein/1860mg sodium/49g saturated fat)
    ((Cheeseburger Sliders with Applewood Smok ed Bacon 1330 cal))
    ((Applebee’s Riblets Platter 1590 - 1820 calories...)
    ((Oriental Chicken Salad, Regular 1340 calories))
    (( Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad, Regular 1290 calories))

Out of 11 salads Applebee's offers 7 salads are over 1000 calories ((( Wow Really???)
    2 more of them are over 900 calories (( yikes ))
    So Basically 9 out of 11 salads are over 900 calories...
    You can have a McDonalds Angus Bacon & Cheese [10.2 oz] (790 cal/39g fat/4g fiber/63g carbs/45g protein/2070mg sodium/17g saturated fat) for under 900 calories... Really ?????????????????????
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It looks like over half of the calories from the salad was from the dressing. Maybe as a rule of thumb next time bring your own dressing or maybe it would be good without the dressing with all of the yummy flavors. :)
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. One day of high cals won't hurt in the long scheme of things.

Just think of it as a learning experience, you journaled, now you know better for next time to maybe check out some meals ahead of time if possible.

There will be days like this in your journal and lifetime...no one can be 100% 100% of the time!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Have you got a smartphone? If so, you can use the MFP app and check calories BEFORE you eat them

This is all that saves me I swear! Just one more reason I justify having it!

But don't punish yourself... You may wake up tomorrow morning starving and that's not good either! Eat your normal meal... Go for a walk and enjoy your cheat day!
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    Applebees also has a "under 550" calorie section, too. Just for future reference.
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE that salad and the first time I looked it up and saw how bad it was I about had a heart attack. That dressing is horrible for you but taste so good! I didn't do good today either at lunch. First time I ate somewhat bad this week but going to excercise to work some off so I won't be so mad at myself. We will bet back on track tomorrow. Gotta cheat sometimes!