A little bit of a humorous vent...

Options
124»

Replies

• whatwentwrong
    Options
    I like the funny email chain that was going around a while back...

You gotta be some special kind of stupid to forget to eat.

i used to forget to eat for days, so uh, thanks for that.

i see a lot of great suggestions in here for upping your calories- instead of commiserating on how much you hate threads that ask for these suggestions, why not just continue posting them there? everyone needs support, no matter if they're going over or under their calorie goal, and the people making these threads are ASKING for these suggestions (altho hopefully made in a less snarky manner)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a hard time getting all my calories! because I traded things like fries and shakes for almond milk and Zucchini, still the same amount of volume...just not calories. I used to eat little meals of high calorie nothingness! and now I eat veggies and fruit.

I have the problem of not being able to eat anymore...:grumble: but I will force eat some peanut butter or a protein bar just so i don't go under

Volume vs Calories....its not hard to be under, be full, and feel like you cant eat anymore :bigsmile: just sayin

Exactly.........................

I would rather fill my body with nutrient dense and fat rich foods and it be all natural, which in turn keeps my calories low...........

I have eaten plenty, plenty, plenty today and I am stuffed. I probably will not eat any more today....................

Here is what I have eaten today...................I am full and satisfied. I will not eat anymore unless my body tells me it needs food later this evening and I am barely over a 1,000 calories for the day.

2139211390040669092S500x500Q85.jpg
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    And I have not accounted for all the walking I have done this afternoon at work...............
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is that I don't realize how few calories I'm eating until later in the evening. My medication makes me lose my hunger early in the day. And I know it is a bad idea to make up all the calories later in the day and sleep on that. Any suggestions?
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    There are days when I struggle to hit my goal of 1650. The cleaner I eat the harder it is, especially on big workout days. How many chicken breasts and protein shakes can you eat in 1 day? Sure, I could hit Wendy's for a Baconator and large fries and have no problem hitting my goal, but all that *kitten* food is counter productive. It can be hard to find the balance between eating enough calories while still keeping them clean.

THANK YOU :smooched:
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's more of a psychological thing usually. People are scared to overeat now because they had been overeating for such a long time.

This!

I used to have lots of trouble reaching my 1200 calories when I first started because I was afraid to eat too much. I had to take a week off from counting calories and watching what I ate to snap me out of it. I ate like a crazy person for a whole week and still lost almost a pound! That really helped me see that you can (and sometimes need to) eat more to lose weight.