Diamonds Town Hall Meeting Week 4

Options

Replies

• meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    spirit week sounds fun! Good luck on the last week ladies!!!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone happy Monday :) spirit week sounds fun and I love the quote might use that myself sometime

As for the QOTD can't think of the last time I tried something new I did try a kangaroo burger at the begining of the year I am quite boring thinking about it lol.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good morning Diamonds!

The last time I tried something new was on Saturday! I got a Bollywood workout DVD from my boyfriend and tried it! It is great fun!

Have a nice week everyone!
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new week!

I have tried lots of new things recently, last week I tried 2 new recipes, one with fish baked over potatoes and sun dried tomatoes and the other a mexican chicken dish. (I have a lovely subscription to a recipe magazine.)

I have also tried Zumba and have started attempting to grow my own herbs in the last few weeks. :happy:
  • CME37
    CME37 Posts: 16
    Options
    AWWWWW! I'm all smiles! :bigsmile:

So proud 2B in the spotlight this week! :blushing:

So happy you all like the quote! I hope it motivates you the way it motivates me!:happy:

The last time I tried something new was last week! I've started C25K ( A Couch 2 5K training application)! I've always wanted 2B a runner, and now I'm on my way! .....Wish me luck!

Remember Ladies! Pressure Makes Diamonds! Let's Push A Little Harder This Week & Keep Shining!:wink:
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey fabulous diamonds!!

The last time I tried something new was a week ago. I have never been much of a runner/jogger, but I tried it as an add on to my workout, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Trying that actually prompted a conversation at work where someone who does run often volunteered to make a training schedule for me to try out that starts this week! So we'll see how that goes...

Erika
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    QOTD:

The last time I tried something new..... last week my neighbor gave me a steam juicer (from like 1950) and I tried it out on Friday... got some delicious grape-apple juice from fruit from our garden :D
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

The last time I tried something new was probably two weeks ago when I began c25k. I have never been a runner, but I will be starting week 3 today :)
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    QOTD:

last time I tried something new was Saturday - my husband and I went ziplining for the first time! Happened to include hiking their trails, so got the workout in as well as having a great time!
  • Starleng1
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I've been MIA. I lost my father in law last week very unexpectedly and have been dealing with it. First time having to handle the wake, funeral, and millions of things. He was only 60. Luckily my husband and I have good relations with our bank to handle the financial end of it. Please Please get a Burial insurance policy on yourselves or older love ones. No one needs to go what we had to. They wouldn't burial my FIL unless they were paid in advance and no one else could help. Who has that kind of money sitting in their checking account? It's a damn shame and while trying to grasp what has happened. Thank you for letting me rant.

I really want to be part of Round 6 so don't count me out because I truly need help in loosing the weight.

A very special shoutout to my partner Erika (foxieboxy). She was so sweet with her messages of comfort and checking on me. I don't want to lose her.

The last time I tried something new was when I was in New Orleans the second week of August. I had turtle soup. I was really good. ;-) Well, I'm married to a Cajun. Got to adapt.

Starleng.
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    Good morning Diamonds,

I want to share with you the Shining Diamond weight loss information:

Total Loss = 33.5 lbs
    Biggest Partner Losers:
    - Green Diamonds = Sherry (Chirron40) and Jennifer A (duqtape) with a loss of 6.8 lbs

Biggest Individual Losers:
    - Green Diamonds = Jennifer A (duqtape) with 5 lbs (2.76%)
    - Purple Diamonds = Sulei (mrslabreck12) with 5 lbs (2.24%)
    - Orange Diamonds = Karen (nosugarcoating) with 2.2 lbs (1.07%)

Biggest Team Loser:
    - Purple Diamonds = 17.7 lbs (8.66%)

Please also congratulate all of our other Shining Diamond losers:

Rebekah (Crooks0204) = 1.5
    Naomi (nafroese) = 1.6
    Emily S (emi_esp) = 1.0
    Meg M (meggers123) = 1.8
    Sherry (Chirron40) = 1.8
    Lynn (lyntello) = 0.5
    Melissa Y (meliturtlee) = 2.2
    Chantal (ChanMay) = 3.0
    Clare (clarech82) = 1.0
    Karen E (cklbrown) = 1.8
    Shelly (shelleilei) = 1.4
    Tennille (TWood10) = 3.0
    Katy (jae6704) = 0.5
    Sulei (mrslabreck12) = 5.0
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I always love trying something new. The last time I tried something new is when I ate Gator Bites........ and they were AWESOME!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Happy Monday. I love the quote, thanks for sharing.

Starleng1 I'm sorry for your loss.

The last time I tried something new that was completely out of my comfort zone. (I'm always trying new things) was Zumba. I was going to the gym, which was also a new thing to me. I had been working out at home. I do not like to dance at all, didn't think I was going to like it, but I tried step and loved it. Did kick boxing and loved it, so I figured I would try Zumba. I hated it, but for me I can say I at least tried it. Before I started MFP wouldn't even have attempted it.

Is this the tread we post the QOTD? I was suppose to post on Friday, but I didn't know where to post.

Have a great day,
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The last time I tried something new was about a month ago. I got on a crosstrainer at the gym and thought, wow I love this thing. I didn't realize there were settings until the next day when I could barely walk. I went to use it again and another gym member pointed out to me that I had it on the steepest incline with the highest resistance. Oy vey! :blushing:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Since beginning my weight loss journey, I have tried jogging. This is something I couldn't even do as a kid. It was difficult at first, but I love it now. If a year ago someone told me I would be jogging and loving it, I wouldn't have believed it!
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I tried something new a few months ago when I decided I was moving to a new city no matter what. I didn't know if I would have a job or a place to live, but I new I wanted to try a new city. I have been in DC for a month now and I am happy with the decision. I finally have a place and I got a job just before I moved.

I also tried a bootcamp class out more recently. It was good and kicked my butt so hopefully I keep uo with it.
  • emi_esp
    Options
    For the QOTD. . . actually the last time I tried something new was last Wednesday! I have done Zumba a lot of times, but I got to try the Kukuwa dance workout at this "Taste of Fitness" event held at my gym. It was a lot like Zumba except with African music and much more intense, very focused on working the core muscles. It was only a 20 min trial class, but I felt it!
  • Imgoingdown
    Imgoingdown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to try something new everyday... I tried a new tea yesterday it was some sort of mango, it was tasty I would drink it again. Congratulations Claire! Keep that Diamond spirit shining!
  • nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The last time I tried something new was Thursday! I tried doing toe touches! This is a new exercise for me and I think that I am going to have a love hate relationship with them!! I am also going to try something new today and make jalepeno jelly homemade! So looking forward to the challenges and spirit week!!