Diamonds Town Hall Meeting Week 4

Options

Replies

• Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Hello Diamonds!

Starleng, I am very very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours.

ShiningDiamonds, great loss this week!! Keep it up ladies!
    LittleDiamonds, I'm sure you ladies rocked it this week..you always do!! I know some of your personally from last round so I know what you are capable of!!
    DITR had another fantastic week and are now only 3lbs shy of reaching an 100lb loss!! Not to shabby for only 3 weeks in I would say!! Way to go ladies!

WeighIn2.jpg

Congrts Keeand!!
    WTG ladies! Lets keep the greatness going!!!
  • Starleng1
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you Everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Does anyone want the 30 day shred DVD? I tried it and made it through but with a herniated disc in my lower back it was a very stupid idea - I just bought it today and am willing to send it to anyone - no cost - just want someone who will really use it - any takers?
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Excited for another week! Fingers crossed my buddy clare n i have a another great weigh in Friday! Let's go clare! Team purple! =) I like the spirit week challenge ill have to look for a good pick with purple!

As for qotd I just started p90x workout started Monday with a friend in town...very new to me! So I'm def getting cardio and strength exercises just about everyday...only Sunday to rest! Woohoo! I'm pumped can u tell! I'm loving it! Def not throwin in the towel I use it to wipe off my face! Have a wonderful week Shining Diamonds!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Does anyone want the 30 day shred DVD? I tried it and made it through but with a herniated disc in my lower back it was a very stupid idea - I just bought it today and am willing to send it to anyone - no cost - just want someone who will really use it - any takers?
    I would LOVE it! I have 4 kids and have a hard time affording workout videos
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I've been MIA. I lost my father in law last week very unexpectedly and have been dealing with it. First time having to handle the wake, funeral, and millions of things. He was only 60. Luckily my husband and I have good relations with our bank to handle the financial end of it. Please Please get a Burial insurance policy on yourselves or older love ones. No one needs to go what we had to. They wouldn't burial my FIL unless they were paid in advance and no one else could help. Who has that kind of money sitting in their checking account? It's a damn shame and while trying to grasp what has happened. Thank you for letting me rant.

I really want to be part of Round 6 so don't count me out because I truly need help in loosing the weight.

A very special shoutout to my partner Erika (foxieboxy). She was so sweet with her messages of comfort and checking on me. I don't want to lose her.

The last time I tried something new was when I was in New Orleans the second week of August. I had turtle soup. I was really good. ;-) Well, I'm married to a Cajun. Got to adapt.

Starleng.

Starleng, my heart goes out to u! I'm sorry for your loss and I wish u and ur family the best in this hard time
  • Rubyjjones
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday the 14th :bigsmile:

What is the craziest thing you ever did to lose weight?

My response:
    Back in the 90's there was this tea that my then boss was selling that made you go to the "bathroom" all the time which in turn helped you lose weight...OMG, it was aweful!! :noway:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday the 14th:

Hmmm, the craziest think I've done was to go on the lemonade diet for about 8 days. It's basically drinking a mixture of water, lemon juice, syrup, and cayanne pepper. No food involved, only drinking the "lemonade." Needless to say my weight loss was short lived.

I don't think I need to mention the Fen/Phen, do I?
  • Latoyamary
    Options
    The last time I tried something new was this week. I tried getting a massage to relieve the pain in my back and arm. Didn't work. :mad:
  • Latoyamary
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday the 14th:

All I can say is Laxatives... It was so bad. I can laugh now. But, then, OMG!!! :huh: LMBO!!!
  • gmonie120
    Options
    The craziest thing I did to loose weight is taken HCG and laxitives, along with exercising.
  • Starleng1
    Options
    I changed my profile to what it is because I'm a Libra and am trying to find balance with life (family, friends, work, food, exercise). :flowerforyou:
  • Starleng1
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday the 14th:

This is terrible, but I tried to throw up. I did it for two days and just couldn't do it.
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I haven't really done anything crazy to lose weight. I never bought into the whole diet stuff.
  • balowry1
    Options
    I've been seeing people talk about weight watchers, so I thought I would try one of the deserts, so the other day, I tried the Strawberry Shortcake from Weight Watchers Smart Ones. It was delicious. I think I will keep buying it. It has 170 calories. I also just tried the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches my hubby bought for me. They were good too.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I changed my profile to what it is because I'm a Libra and am trying to find balance with life (family, friends, work, food, exercise). :flowerforyou:

I'm a Libra too! I love what you said about finding balance in life. Happy early birthday!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Laxitives for me too. And some kind of pills that landed me in the hospital. But that was in my 20s and now I have learned about moving my body to lose weight not to try those things.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday the 14th:

About 15 years ago when metabolife first came out I started using that and wouldn't eat for a day then eat just enough to ease the hunger then I would not eat the next day; to make things worse I was going through I very hard time in my life and was drinking a lot. Needless to say I lost a lot of weight and kept it off for some time but I gained all of it back plus some once I got rid of the person who was causing me so much stress.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I guess I am boring. I just decided to lose the weight in March and I joined MFP. No craziness.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday the 14th:

I haven't tried anything too extreme. I recently tried the Dukan diet to lose quickly before a vacation. I learned that while it works for some people, it did not work for me. I lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks, but I was miserable and moody. High protein/low carb is not for me. I was happy after vacation to return to my normal calorie counting.