Ketosis>500 Calorie Diet! Only Supporters!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Ah yes. Not wanting you to make yourself incredibly ill... Not wanting you to work really hard to lose weight you're almost certainly doomed to gain back, because you're following an unhealthy, unsustainable and damaging weightloss programme.

Yes. that's 'hate'. Obviously.

As I pointed out earlier, I have a family member who has WRECKED their body practising this kind of stupid diet. I have another friend who is sticking to it, while her hair falls out and her skin flakes 'cause it works'.

But obviously my motivation in suggesting you not follow that path is because I 'hate' you.

Seriously, people. Let's try the application of the grey matter.

What "stupid diet" are you talking about?????????

Surely you are not talking about a short term diet that is doctor directed and supervised that is ketogenic in nature, which means the fat that is being burned is used as fuel in the form of additional calories.

The Original Poster made it very clear she did not want this condescending, I am better than you because I count calories and eat all things in moderation attitude in this forum, but here it is posted.

Why can't people just be supportive of one another?

what is best for you is not best for EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I appreciate the strong feelings on both sides in this thread.

At this point, there are too many posts in here in which members are commenting about other members, which violates forum rules.

Please remember:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

This doesn't mean we all have to agree, but it does mean we need to keep debate to the merits of the issue, or to expressing personal experience. Name-calling and condescension are not good for the forums, and at this point would be too much effort to weed out of this thread.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.