Moms on the Move Group 9 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    119 lbs this morning.
    However, I think it's due to the fact that I've been sick and nothing tastes good. I've been good about keeping my calories around 1200 but I haven't worked out in 3 days and I don't feel "healthy."

Is your son sick as well?

As of now, my son's not sick. I quarantined myself all weekend and let my husband take care of the boy. He got a flu shot today. I'm praying that he didn't catch anything from me since It take the vaccine up to 2 weeks to integrate into the system.
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    Joi. How are your measurements? I bet you're losing inches. And your clothes are loose. You've been working out like crazy.
  • joimichele
    Options
    L3NgZ.png
  • joimichele
    Options
    Joi. How are your measurements? I bet you're losing inches. And your clothes are loose. You've been working out like crazy.

I check my measurements once a month. I will know next Monday. Hopefully, I have made some sort of progress. I have also taken some other foods out of my diet like, baked chips and cheese. Just for a week to see if that is the problem. Congrats again!
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    Hi group 9! I hope everyone is doing well. :)
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Are you feeling better?
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options

Are you feeling better?

Yes, I am finally over my flu. I haven't worked out for almost 2 weeks. I think I'm ready to ease back into exercising tomorrow.
    I've been eating crap and not logging my food. My mother in law is visiting and we've been out to eat a lot. I need to buckle down and get back to business. :)
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    I know how you feel... that is where I was a few weeks ago... I hadn't been sick, but had hurt my ankle so wasn't working out and then got on the eating out/eating crap rotation and it was hard to break. Luckily, I forgot to weigh myself this morning... I almost broke down and stopped for pizza for dinner for me and the girls on my way home from work tonight. I was later than I wanted to be and super tired already and was so not in the mood to make dinner. With my husband gone pizza seemed like such an easy solution... but then since I knew I needed to weigh myself in the morning didn't want to go over with sodium... that and I only had 450 calories left for the day since I am recovering from my 12 mile run yesterday and didn't work out today... I would definitely have over-eaten had I stopped for the pizza.
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    Well done on resisting the pizza. :)
    I'm really motivated to get back on track. If this was me last year, I would have given up, feeling defeated and chubby. I love MFP and all the wonderful friends I have who offer much needed encouragement :)

Btw, today is my son's 2nd birthday. I can't believe my baby is growing up so quickly.
  • swimmom2
    Options
    121 this week
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hey! Just curious what height is everyone?
  • joimichele
    Options
    I'm really motivated to get back on track. If this was me last year, I would have given up, feeling defeated and chubby. I love MFP and all the wonderful friends I have who offer much needed encouragement :)

Btw, today is my son's 2nd birthday. I can't believe my baby is growing up so quickly.

You are doing so well! You are the weight loss queen (of group 9 at least)....lol. keep up the great work!
  • joimichele
    Options

Happy Birthday to your little one! Time for the terrible twos. Leigh- this is a new week, let's set a goal to keep us on tracks? I'm going with: I will not eat any unhealthy take out food this week.
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    [[/quote]

Happy Birthday to your little one! Time for the terrible twos. Leigh- this is a new week, let's set a goal to keep us on tracks? I'm going with: I will not eat any unhealthy take out food this week.
    [/quote]

What about healthy takeout? Is there such a thing? Yes, I like your goals. Will be tough for me this week because I have a networking event and a going away party and both involve unhealthy food. Both will be at dinner time so I will need to eat... my goal is to get up and run on both Wednesday and Thursday morning so that I offset the evenings food choices... Also, will make the healthiest choices available... but since I am not choosing the menu, I have a feeling that healthy options will be at a minimum. Finally, no snacking after dinner. This has also been a weakness on the days that I am not working out. I hit my calorie goal and then still feel hungry in the evening... I don't really eat unhealthy things... I try not to keep them in the house, but even healthy options can be bad if I am overeating....
  • Leigh_b
    Options

Happy Birthday to your little guy!!! It is amazing how quickly the time goes....
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    Hey! Just curious what height is everyone?

I'm a shortie at 5'2"

I think I can follow the goal to not eating unhealthy take out this week. However, that will have to start tomorrow. I have leftover pizza and leftover chinese food in my fridge. It's amazing how having a houseguest can disrupt your normal eating habits. My mother in law will be leaving tomorrow so I'll go back to normal.
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    [/quote]

You are doing so well! You are the weight loss queen (of group 9 at least)....lol. keep up the great work!
    [/quote]

Actually, I think Swimmom has me beat. She's lost over 50 lbs! Incredible!!!
  • joimichele
    Options
    Where I live they is a health food store that prepares fresh organic and nutritious meals. They are really good too! I haven't eaten any takeout since I think Saturday. I hope I make it til Saturday with this goal. I also made a goal to watch my sweet intake. Even though I stay in my calories, I always go over in my sugar. I am 5'1. I asked because of our weight loss goals in comparison to height. Does anyone have some advice on belly buster techniques? I can't get rid if my belly but I have lost inches around my waist. I went from 32 to a 27! That's a size 5! I don't want to lose weight any place else besides my tummy. I hate the way my belly hangs over my pants. I find myself sucking in the gut all the time.
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Where I live they is a health food store that prepares fresh organic and nutritious meals. They are really good too! I haven't eaten any takeout since I think Saturday. I hope I make it til Saturday with this goal. I also made a goal to watch my sweet intake. Even though I stay in my calories, I always go over in my sugar. I am 5'1. I asked because of our weight loss goals in comparison to height. Does anyone have some advice on belly buster techniques? I can't get rid if my belly but I have lost inches around my waist. I went from 32 to a 27! That's a size 5! I don't want to lose weight any place else besides my tummy. I hate the way my belly hangs over my pants. I find myself sucking in the gut all the time.

I'm 5'3 and have the same issue you do in terms of belly fat... which I gained in pregnancy and am having a heck of a time getting rid of... like you, I have lost inches and am now comfortably in a size 6 so have at least gotten that far, but can't wait to get rid of the rest of this "padding". I'm not sure that there is anything specific we can do to get rid of it other than burn the calories off. I once read that you lose fat in the same order you gain it... so if your tummy was the first place to get it, it will be the last to come off... which seems to be holding true for me.