What's on your plate for lunch???

Options
Hello

What is everyone eating at lunch time??? I need simple ideas!!

-Kim

Replies

• Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ive had mixed leaf salad awith a slice of ham, crisps and raisins for afters :-)
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    rice with sauteed string beans and peppers- leftover from dinner last night!
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Turkey wrap loaded with veggies! Yum!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking tuna with a little light miracle whip and a teaspoon of relish and maybe a hard boiled egg. Yummy!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Today i made a quick tuna wrap. whole wheat tortilla, one can chunk light tuna in water, 1/4 cup part skim shredded mozzarella, 2 fresh kale leaves and 1 tbsp milled flaxseed. Super yummy, only next time I think I'll toast it a bit so the cheese melts.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Great northern beans, whole wheat pasta, green beans and lean roast beef with a bit of mushroom gravy:happy:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Made a lovely butternut soup (A butternut, a potato and an onion, cooked with some vege stock. Spiced with cumin, coriander, cinnamon. Boil till it's cooked, then puree. Stir in a bit of low fat cream if you fancy, and as much black pepper as you enjoy. Quick and easy and very nice.)
  • erszike48
    Options
    3-4 ounce baked chix breast topped with basil pesto that i made at home and a couple tomatoes off the vine
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I had rice, beansprouts, red and green peppers and chicken.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    A Flatout wrap with turkey, cheddar cheese and romaine with a side of celery.
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Lettuce with boiled shrimp, cucumbers and tomatoes all wrapped up in it and a scoop of cottage cheese on the side.
  • busymom6
    busymom6 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Two pieces of whole grain toast, lite butter, tsp jam, cup of grapes, a peach and tall glass of water.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    broccoli and shrimp stir fry with a bit of wok oil (a blend of sesame, garlic and ginger oils) and seasoned to taste. 200 calories, 18grams of protein
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    omgoodness...I found a great find at the store, its a light kraft mayo made with olive oil and it has cracked pepper throughout it, I use oven roasted chicken breast on any kind of low calorie bread and this mayo... it has 45 calories and 4 grams of fat in a tablespoon...its a great find! :)
    Also I loooove fat free borden american cheese slices, 30 cal and you take 2 slices of low cal bread and butter spray and make a YUMMY grilled cheese and there are alot of low cal soups out there! :)
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Atlantic char and baked butternut squash from the hospital cafeteria...not too bad lol
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Smoked Chicken Wrap with light mayo, Turkey Bacon and veggies. A side of carrot sticks and a plum.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm having english muffin pizzas with turkey peperoni, low fat swiss cheese, pizza sauce, mushrooms and olives. Super yummy and for four (two whole muffins) its only 525 calories. Tastes like I'm cheating, but I'm totally within my calories for the day. :smile:
  • pristinebutterfly
    Options
    I love this lunch! It ends up being just over 300 calories and soooooo delicious and filling...:)

Panzanella White Bean Salad

- Cut whole wheat bread into 1-inch cubes, coat with olive oil spray and toast on the bottom rack of an oven set to350 degrees (you can also use packaged whole wheat croutons to save time).

- Combine with 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained; 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes; 1/2 cup chopped cucumber; 2 tablespoons minced basil; 2 tablespoons diced red onion; 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice; and 1 tablespoon olive oil.

- Mix all ingredients; add salt and pepper to taste

Great question by the way...:)
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    One of my favs......Strawberry spinach salad with toasted almonds, feta cheese and poppyseed dressing.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    blessed heart, that sounds very yummy.