it's only dog poo

Options
I have dogs, big dogs, and they make big poo's. I also have no problem with poo in and of itself. I think I was Hindu in a previous life bc I'm fasinated with my own digestion and what comes out of me. I always look at my dog's; it's a great indicator of overall health.

It's taken me awhile but I do now respect that other people do not feel the same and are actually really offended by it. I will pick it up if it happens to be deposited in an inappropriate place but sometimes it's not possible for a variety of reasons, some lame, some I think are valid.

So, dog lover's and owners - I want to hear about your adventures with dog poo. I'll start with one of the funnier things that has ever happened to me.

Rupert (lab/dane mix) and I used to live in New Orleans and on one walk he had a serious liquid event on Magazone Street, which is a semi-busy shopping area, filled with lots of cars and pedestrians. It was not possible to pick it up even as I was luckily armed with plastic bag. As we continued down the street, a very offended concerned citizen that was driving by did a 3 point U-turn in the street (it's a narrow 2 lane street) in order to catch us and yelled out his window, "you forgot something! Hey, Lady, You and your dog forgot something!" I ingnored him and cut down a one-way in the opposite direction to get away. He was so offended that he circled around to catch us again but as I saw what he was doing, Rupert and I dashed down a series of other one-ways. This continued for about 5 blocks until finally we hid behind a large oleander bush until the concerned citizen finally gave up and drove away.

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'll cut you slack on the liquid poo. But once in my apartment complex, where it was pet friendly and had little baggie stations with a garbage can everywhere, I saw a woman let her large dog take a dump right next to one of these stations. And she kept walking. I saw it. It was pick-up-able. But she didn't care. Really? The world does not revolve around you and your dog. Whether I'm offended by it or not, the rules of this apartment complex are such that you need to pick it up. Don't like the rules? MOVE!
  • plagirl227
    Options
    OMG! LMBO!!!
  • dclove0912
    dclove0912 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I'm out walking and my dog has a liquid event, I try to cover it up with leaves or such. Don't know what I would do if I were on a public street, though! Use a water bottle and try to wash it away? Sorry about the crazy!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My husband was talking to my daughter about us getting a dog next Spring. She'll be three in a couple of months and she's been really wanting a dog. He asked her what kind she wanted and she said a big, red dog, like Clifford. My husband explained that big dogs make big poopoos, little dogs make little poopoos and then he asked her if she really wanted a big dog. She quickly said that she wanted a little dog!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My Yorkie deposited his load in the surf this weekend. Whacha gonna do? I couldn't catch it to bag it!
  • plagirl227
    Options
    I'm not a dog owner. I'm curious...what is an "appropriate" place to leave poo?
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    hey dont get me wrong i love dogs. dont have one but use to. what i dont like is when neighbors dogs come and use our yard for there bathroom and than go home. and we step in it. they have a big yard to use and they use ours. poopin is a way of life. and they are not little poop piles they are huge.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    This weekend....

Jada (my 5 month old Beaglier) ate a hot wing bone from the top of the trash. And a Drumstick wrapper. Me being the paranoid first time doggie mommy that I am...I start freaking out!!!! So I do what every Americian would do at 11pm....I google it. Needless to say, I spent all weekend going through Jada's poop to make sure she s*hit out pieces of the chicken wing. And she did....along with a pice of paper that said "umst" :huh:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would never, ever not pick up my dog's poo. Explosive liquid demands some sort of scoop. It's part of the joys of dog ownership.

Imagine if you did not own a dog. How would you feel about coming across a lake of dog crap on the sidewalk?

It is about consideration of others. And in my city, it's the law.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    haha wow. im pretty good about picking up sugar bears droppins, but there have been a few times at night when i just cant see it! seriously apartment owners, put some lights at the dog walk area! and there was another time where the doggy bag thing was empty and i didnt feel like going back to the house.. appearently so did alot of other people because no one picked up theirs up either and it kinda stunk...they didnt refill it for like three weeks.. that was a smelly time...
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    yeah I check every once a while, and take it from another dog owner... there's no good place for dog poo? pick it up.. and throw it out. Simple as that.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Pick up your dog's ****. Seriously. Some of us are trying to have a civilization here.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options

We now live in a more rural area and general walk around the fields not far from our house. I do NOT (edited, sorry) feel that picking up poo in the fields is a requirement.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I would never, ever not pick up my dog's poo. Explosive liquid demands some sort of scoop. It's part of the joys of dog ownership.

Imagine if you did not own a dog. How would you feel about coming across a lake of dog crap on the sidewalk?

It is about consideration of others. And in my city, it's the law.

lol.. you had me at "a lake of dog crap" .. my eyes are full of tears from laughing! I can only imagine
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options

On stairs in an apartment complex. I really hate when i leave my apartment and go down the stairs and see a trail of dog ***t.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have an english mastiff that doesnt travel all that well....he gets REALLY stressed out travelling but if we leave him behing then its almost worse because he will cry the whole time.
    Sooo, this one time we were coming back from camping and all of a sudden this awful sound followed by this HORRIBLE smell came to my attention. As I turned around I discovered he has sprayed his poop ALLLLLLL over the car door in the back.

We ended up camping on the side of the road since it took us hours to clean and I SOLD the car! lololol
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

We now live in a more rural area and general walk around the fields not far from our house. I do feel that picking up poo in the fields is a requirement.

But not on the sidewalk where people walk?? :noway:
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    LMBO - if it's possible to pick up, I do. If not, we continue on. I can kind of tell when Rid**** is about to drop one, so we hustle to an alley or something :)
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options

On stairs in an apartment complex. I really hate when i leave my apartment and go down the stairs and see a trail of dog ***t.

Oh dang, I read that wrong. Well anyway I don't think there is an appropriate place to leave poop