Any 5'2 ladies ?? I need motivation !!

Options

Replies

• SraM562
    SraM562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently at 160.2...my weigh in is Monday so I hope that I am down at least 2 lbs. I been trying to lose weight for several years now. I've been trying to lose baby weight for seven years now!! I swore I wouldn't let myself get big after my pregnancy and I did the total opposite. Ive gone up in down in my weight since my daughter was born. My lowest weight since my daughter was born was 140 which was about 3 years ago through WW. I am now back at it and this time I have to just keep pushing myself to reach my goal which is 130. Im currently doing Insanity and even though its tough I love how i feel now. Good luck ladies!!!!
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This sounds just like me! I am 5' 2. I weighed 145 when I got married in 1999. 160 when I had my daughter in 2000. Then 180 when I had my son in 2006. I weighed in in april 2011...214.6. I wanted to crawl in a hole. Instead..I bought $139 running shoes. I started losing inches..but the number wasnt dropping. I thought if I run..I can still eat what I want! WRONG! I went to dr in July for sinuses. Weighed in at 209. Really thought the scale was broke! haha. So..I went to Weight watchers. Using the points doesnt work for me...but using calories does. I basically do my own thing..and weigh in once a week..to keep my accountable. Im so glad I found MFP to keep me accountable during the other 6 days of the week! I am currently 190. I have ran 2 5k and have a 8k in 28 days and I want to be at 180 for race day! I have a goal of 170 by Xmas day and a goal of 155 for my half marathon in March. If I can get to 140....I will start with maintenance! Support is what works!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and my heaviest was 169, my goal is 125-130.. I'll get there!

5'2''s unite! :)

Feel free to add me!
  • catlady100
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'2". Curently around *mumble mumble cough* pounds would like to get down to about 125. 120 would be great.

Add me if you wish. I'm finding out that the more friends I have, the more motivated I am to stick with it. (I haven't filled out my profile and don't have a picture, but my kids tell me all the time that I'm really cool. :bigsmile: ok not true. :laugh: .but feel free to add me anyway),
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i fall in this category! im 5' 2.5".

I started off at 158 in jan 2010, lost 10lbs very slowly and the joined mfp in jan at 140 this year and got to my goal of 125 in march then decided to lower it to 122lbs and have been so since april.

012_12-1-2.jpg

DSCN0719-1-1-1.jpg
  • JeannieFo
    JeannieFo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. My heaviest weight was back in 2005 at 181 pounds. I was in a tight size 14 then. I fluctuate a bit, but I'm down to about 130-133 pounds now and am in between a size 4 and 6. I still would like to get rid of my soft middle, but I think that maybe be nearly impossible at this point.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. My heaviest weight was back in 2005 at 181 pounds. I was in a tight size 14 then. I fluctuate a bit, but I'm down to about 130-133 pounds now and am in between a size 4 and 6. I still would like to get rid of my soft middle, but I think that maybe be nearly impossible at this point.
    and she looks fantastic, btw...
    just sayin...cuz I know her *wink*
  • JeannieFo
    JeannieFo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    and she looks fantastic, btw...
    just sayin...cuz I know her *wink*

Thanks Q!!!
  • SpongeBetty
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I started at 200 last September. I lost 20lbs and then have just coasted going up and down 5lbs. Finally got back at tracking on MFP. I have lost 6lbs in the past 4 weeks yes I was up so now I am back to my 20lbs. I am setting small goals. My next one is 160. I would love to be 140 and it would be fantastic to be 125. But realitically, If I can get ot 160 and stay there for a while I am going to be pretty happy with myself. It is not the getting there it is the staying there that is hard for me.
  • eva925
    eva925 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I`m 5ft 1 and a half...almost 5`2`` lol. My starting weight was 188lbs and I an currently at 156lbs. My goal right now is 135lb. I always used to google and look for images of people my height and weight to get some sort of frame of reference as to what I looked like compared to others and to wonder what size they were etc. At the end of the day though we are all built and shaped differently even though we may be the same height and weight. I can say for me at 5`2 and 156lbs I can squeeze my bum into a stretchy pair of size 6 pants and I wear a medium tshirt and large dress shirt.
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm currently 136 lbs!!! My highest was in 2006 at 170 lbs. In 2011 my highest was 150 lbs. My ultimate goal is 120 lbs.
  • lisa91263
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and at my highest weight was 220lbs I lost 60 lbs on weight watchers and then another 40...yes 100 pounds simply with excersise and food tracking. due to an illness last year i gained back20 pounds. I am new to mfp and have lost 6 pounds since I joined 3 weeks ago.I am 142 now and my goal weight is 134 I am currently a size 4/6.
    Good luck to you It can be done!!!
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I've lost almost 30 lbs:) I guess it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm a small girl!

tumblr_lg5t350SUX1qg43cko1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpz1kwRRph1qg43cko1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr0tcgjGUK1qg43cko1_500.jpg

tumblr_lt2pygtcLy1qg43cko1_500.jpgThis was today at 139.4
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Before.jpg Highest weight I believe w3as 233 pounds. I am 61-years-old and only 5'1" tall.

016.jpg New outfit I got this morning. The skirt is extra small and the top is a small. I believe my weight loss is 96 pounds now. I don't pay attention anymore to the scale. I am busy working on building some muscle and learning how to run. :))

Stay strong! You CAN do it!
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh! I fall into this category! I am 5'2" and currently weigh 190. I am looking to get to 140. I would love friends/partners on this. :)
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm close to 5'3 and I started my journey in the 180's, I'm now around 135 and really enjoy this weight. I have the goal to get down to about 130 and stabilize around there! It has been a challenging road, but so well worth it! You can do it, just when you think your body won't go lower because you are not seeing movement for a little bit, it will, just keep pushing yourself! I would post pics, but I dont have a recent one yet and honestly haven't really figured out how to do it!

You will do great! Good luck!
  • npostma
    npostma Posts: 33
    Options
    FYI

Check out VERTICAL CHALLENGERS in the forums under support/motivation thread.
    It is a group for all of us shorties!
  • rosepetals_03
    rosepetals_03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and can tell you it is totally possible!! :) I have never given weight loss an honest attempt until I stumbled upon this website and it has completely changed my life! I have been overweight my whole life so I have never been happy with the way I look....in 2008 I had my daughter - pre pregnancy I weighed 180, but after I had her I dropped to 165. I was so excited, however, over the next year or so I gained all the weight back. I started working out and ended up gaining 10lbs which almost broke my excitement for weightloss, but once I found this site I have been forever changed! At the beginning of 2010 I weighed 190 so I started this website and working out combined....I got pregnant again and had my son in June 2011. I am now down to 134 and both of my children were deliver via csection. My goal from day one has been 125, but to keep myself motivated I set a partial goal of 150 and figured once I got there I would have even more determination and motivation to keep going. It is totally worth it - I sometimes try to talk myself into only going 10 or 15 minutes on the elliptical instead of my usual 20, but then I remind myself I am not helping myself and I'm not doing myself any favors by slacking off - so I keep pushing until I get to the full 20 minutes. Don't give up! You can do it and it is SO worth every second of effort....I have already told myself and my husband I am NEVER going to back to the 'old me' :)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    hiya and welcome to mfp! i see there are alot of us short arses around here!

i'm 5'2 too, and currently weigh 82kgs (180lbs). i've always been bigger, and this is the lightest i've been as an adult. at my heaviest i weighed in at 106kgs (230lbs), and that was when i returned to work 4 months after having my middle child (3 years ago).

i've had 2 c sections, have 3 kids (oldest just hit 5), and i work full time (hubby is a house dad).

but even though i weigh less than i used to, i'm still a clothes size larger than when i was 5kgs heavier before kids. i think my kids have munted my body!

what has really helped me is taking the emphasis off weight loss. i'm concerned with getting fitter and living longer. my goal was to run a half marathon, and so i started walking/running. now running has become much like breathing. i make times with my hubby to make sure i can get out and get the time for me. because getting out is also a bit of sanity, too. and i get to run about and properly play with my kids now, or my eldest will bike while i run and push the baby.

my hubby reckons i'm back to the old me when we met. it's nice not to just be a wife and mum and a number in a workforce- i now have different hobbies, and am making different friends who know me as 'jo'- without all of the extras. my hubby encourages me to go and do long runs through the countryside with a small group of mates! it's good.

and the weight loss has really been an added bonus of the fitness goals.
  • carrie1610
    carrie1610 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have been using this site regularly for 3 weeks. As well as tracking food I've been motivated to exercise and I'm thrilled that I'm seeing results already. I've still got a way to go, but have lost 7.5 lbs and clothes are definately feeling looser. I'm aiming for a goal weight of 125 - 130 lbs, it's years since I've been that slim!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!