people that have lostt 30+ pounds..

Options
what have you been eating for breakfast and lunch?
I'm really struggling with these!

ps. i dont like eggs, eek.

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Other than eggs, I eat cereals and bread mostly - have a look at my diary it's open.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Bran Flakes for breakfast

Tuna Sandwich for lunch

Every single day for nearly 3 months now, boring but steady.
  • angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Usually oatmeal or honey nut cheerios for breakfast then a salad most days for lunch
  • spongebob2509
    spongebob2509 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with lemon pancakes some times i'll add berries or dried fruit its around 200 cals nice protein boost and keeps me feeling full until lunch.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Beakfast I normally have cereal like weetabix or shredded wheat with a banana or I have porridge.
    Lunchtime I have salad with tuna or a tortilla wrap with chicken breast and salad.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I love eggs... But, on mornings that I am not in an egg mood, I eat Quaker whole grain oats made with water with a tbsp of all natural peanut butter and half a banana. Yummy! I also sub the banana for strawberries occasionally. Or, I eat organic cinnamon raison cereal with soy milk.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Most days when I work I have a 35 calorie yogurt and mix in 1/3 a cup of Bran Buds = 135 calories and almost your fiber intake for the day. I find it really filling and the buds give the yogurt a good crunch. My other choices are peanut butter toast or whole grain cheerios.

Lunch - I love tuna, so I have a half a pita pocket with half can tuna, light mayo and add half a cup of shredded coleslaw (bag stuff with no dressing on it). I change the tuna out for chicken breast. This is usually less than 300 calories. Either that or a salad full of veggies.

Lots of ideas - add me as a friend if you like :)
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i have coffee with fat free creamer and splenda for breakfast then for lunch i usually have a salad with low fat dressing.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I usually eat in the car so a protein bar with a minimum of 20 grams of protein for breakfast. MY new lunch addiction is 2oz boars head low sodium ham, snack size bag of Stacy's pita chips, a serving of hummous and pinanpple for desert, sometimes cottage cheeese. I make little pita chip sandwiches :) it makes me eat slower than just making a sandwich alone.

I am down 101 pounds total :)
  • jeff261159
    Options
    I try and vary my breakfasts, sometimes because of my job I have two breakfasts. I get to have egg, , bacon, toast or cereals or just toast.
  • jeff261159
    Options
    I try and vary my breakfasts, sometimes because of my job I have two breakfasts. I get to have egg, , bacon, toast or cereals or just toast.
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My diary is open....look to see (some days it is eggs)
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    It varies for me (which probably helps) but I always have breakfast, most often these days oats of some kind.
    Other times toast and marmite or peanut butter.

Weekdays, lunch is generally a healthyish sandwich or wrap from the supermarket.

Weekends I tend to eat a bit more generously.

I try to keep the macro nutrition levels in the right proportions and obviously keep within calorie limits.

I'm a slow loser - 53 pounds in about 425 days, though a lot of that time, I was maintaining weight.

My diary is open to MFP friends, so add me if you'd like a peek :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Bran Flakes for breakfast

Tuna Sandwich for lunch

Every single day for nearly 3 months now, boring but steady.

it sounds silly but a routine is a must! so stick to the foods you know are safe...i have branflakes EVERYDAY too :) (still yummy)
    i have the same sorta thing daily too(brilliant minds an all that)!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have two Weetbix biscuits with boiled water for breakfast because I can't tolerate milk in the morning. Sometimes wholegrain toast with Vegemite (cos I'm Australian). Lunch is usually a crunchy salad with either tuna or chicken breast.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    what have you been eating for breakfast and lunch?
    I'm really struggling with these!

ps. i dont like eggs, eek.

Either Toast and Fruit, Oatmeal, Cereal or whatever.

I don't think a routine is a must, the only routine you need is to eat.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - porridge or fruit and fibre cereal.

Lunch - bowl of salad with chicken or jacket potato and salad or salad wraps :)
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi's Go Lean Crunch High Protein & Fiber cereal. It comes in rather large chuncks which make it easy to eat dry in the car on the way to work.

Then I have a snack of a low-fat mozzarella cheese stick & a banana mid-morning.

Lunch is typically leftovers of whatever I made for dinner the night before. Or, if we ate all of that, a grilled chicken salad from Subway.

I believe my diary is open if you'd like to look further.

Good luck!!
  • joditenzer
    Options
    I don't eat eggs either.... or tuna, or granola. I generally have a light whole grain english muffin (the one with 1/3 of your fiber intake for the day), laughing cow cheese wedges and 2 slices of canadian bacon (which I was shocked to find is quite low in calories and fat). Gets in your fiber/grains, and proteins, and holds me until lunch.
  • amandal00
    amandal00 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have cereal with milk and banana, on occasion I have oatmeal. Lunch is almost always sandwiches.