200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Hey gals. My posts have been guite sporadic lately. This week is hell. I have a huge paper and oral presentation for class tonight. Finished it yesterday, but I'm also getting ready for a family member's baby shower on Saturday and my son's birthday party Sunday. As if I'm not already stretched thin I've been battling a cold/flu all week and TOM showed up Monday. Fun fun fun.

I have had zero time to get to the gym and despite that fact my muscles are so sore I feel like I got run over by a truck...multiple times.

Last night one of the girls in my class told me she got out yesterday and ran 5 miles. I'm so jealous. I could actually throw a tantrum I'm in such a horrible mood, and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I haven't been able to work out all week. Not only does the exercise leave my body feeling great, but its ME time. I can clear my mind. Right now, my mind is on overdrive and I could just punch someone! None of you gals though!!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Why does it seem like I get TOM every other week now that I'm trying to lose weight? I'm just so much more aware of it now since I know it means a week with no loss. Last week I had a nice loss and was thinking "Ooo, maybe it's because I'm really working for it and this week's loss will be good too!" Then I realized that TOM is about to come soon. Darn it! Stupid TOM.

Tonight for the bf's b-day he wants to go to a local brewery that serves THE BEST flatbread pizza, and I've ordered him a white cake with chocolate icing (his favorite) from the local bakery. So, ummm....that's beer, pizza, and cake for dinner. Also I didn't have time to make breakfast this morning so I ate a Starbucks breakfast sandwich (egg white, so low cal and low fat but high sodium) and got a skim caramel macchiato. Lucky I brought some homemade "green soup" for lunch -- it's made with all kinds of green veggies and is super low fat and low sodium. Still looks like I'll probably go over today, but oh well. It can be my zig day, or zag day, whichever one means higher calories. :smile:

Rain, good luck on the presentation tonight!

Amy, I thought about doing the black balloon, old man thing for him today, but I've probably already teased him too much. :laugh: Listening to you all talk about P90X almost makes me think I should start trying it...I've got copies of the DVDs but I haven't had the nerve to do them yet.

Lacey, I don't think that my *kitten* could fit into most of their stuff yet either, but I should be able to do the dresses soon...I don't want to buy a whole buch of cute clothes at this size and keep losing weight though, so I think for now I'll probably just drool over the dresses and wait to buy any.

Jessi, they actually have a pretty good selection of exercise videos on Netflix...maybe that would work well for you! Plus you wouldn't have the same boring routine all the time if you're always trying a new DVD.
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Rain - good luck on your presentation tonight! I always got super stressed before presentations for school. I'm sure you'll do great and then it will be behind you! Try not to punch anyone... but if you do, make sure its someone who deserves it! :laugh:

Victoria - were you doing chest/shoulders/tris? That workout KILLS me. I think that I get so fatigued from doing pushups that then trying to muster up the oomph to do the shoulder moves just wastes my arms. Sorry about the cramps - no fun!

Amy - When Chris and I met I was probably a 12 or a 14 size.... depending on where I shopped. That's pretty much where I was at for the majority of my life (like, since 9th grade) up until Chris and I got married and I got all kinds of gluttonous and lazy. That's when I got up to an 18. So yeah... I am the smallest I have ever been right now. I think that he just gets really nervous that I'm going to turn into a health and fitness freak... like the kind of person who can only talk about running or eating healthy food, and who refuses to enjoy a beer or an ice cream. OBVS there is no way that is going to happen, but he worries. And I'm sure you're right that there's a little insecurity there too. I'm just glad he FINALLY talked to me about it. He's so terrible about bottling things up, and no matter how many times I say "are you okay" or "what's bugging you" he won't spill on it until he's good and ready. Boys. Ridiculous, they are. And yay for rockin' some yoga. You'll get your balance and flexibility back in no time. Yesterday I was actually able to hold Crow with both my feet off the ground. I seriously got so excited that I fell down on the ground and just started laughing. It felt awesome to finally be able to do the ONE yoga move that has never been possible for me. I also am very impressed that you said no to Oktoberfest, but also a little dissapointed. Oktoberfest in Germany??? Isn't that like the holy grail of drinking? :wink:

Lacey - :laugh: crackin' nuts :laugh: That's awesome. One of my best friends has a terrible, terrible trucker's mouth. When something frustrates her even a little bit, she always says "that ****ing pisses me off." When her daughter was 4, they were waiting for the boys to pick up pizza, and her daughter said "Mom, why is it taking the boys so long? Its ****ing pissing me off." To which, of course, all my friend could do was laugh, because obviously she got it from her. Its funny what kids pick up on from friends/parents/tv/radio etc. that you would never think they were paying attention to.

Hosanna - SO sorry about the puppy's toenail! Boo! And everyone else gave GREAT wedding advice. You really can't sweat the small stuff. And inevitably, on the big day, something (or things!) will go wrong. Just be prepared for that and don't let it freak you out or ruin anything. Its gonna happen. You'll be the only person who knows it went wrong, and no one else will care. At the end of it, you still get Isaac. And that's all that matters. (ps I hope I spelled his name right!)

Annette - I don't watch BL either. The only reality tv show I watch is Survivor (yeah, I'm old school!). I'm not sure about how often the people gain back the weight. I would imagine they gain back some, if they don't have Jillian or Bob or whoever harping on them all day every day. It would be a big adjustment.

Jessi - GET A GYM MEMBERSHIP GIRL! If you want it/will use it, just do it! How are the bunnies acclimating to home life?

Pam - Happy Birthday to the BF! :drinker: Enjoy the pizza and the cake! And yeah, I LOVE me some cereal for dessert. Or toast and peanut butter with milk. But I haven't had that in forever because holy crapload of calories batman!

Katheryne - it is really easy to get into a food rut, especially with tracking. Chris and I have a rotation of "staples" that we cook, and sometimes 3 weeks will go by and I realize we haven't tried anything new. Variety is fun with food, but it takes work, and sometimes, I'm just kinda lazy. :smile:

Jenn - I hear ya on the way your body adjusts to different sweet/salty levels. I am so much more sensitive to salt now... before I would put extra salt on everything, and now I can't stand when something is salty. Its awesome how our bodies adapt.

Kendal, YAY for future talks and Warrior Dashes/running a mile and saving your house. That's basically a trifecta of awesomeness. I'm excited for all 3, and for you!

Okay, I went back like 3 pages, that's gotta get me pretty caught up! As for me... I'm running after work today because sleeping felt so amazing and my legs were pretty tuckered out, so I'm gonna rock that later. Plus its supposed to be super nice out and I may actually be able to run in shorts if I wait til after work. I figure I better soak that up while I can. This past weekend Chris and I pulled out all our fall/winter clothes and it was actually kind of hilarious - everything we put on made us look like little kids wearing our parents' clothes. So on Sunday we are going to head up to the big outlet center (Birch Run for you Michiganders) so that we can get winter clothes that fit us. We'll probably hit up Frankenmuth Brewing as well. We have some Nike gift cards that I get to spend at the Nike outlet for cold weather running gear. Plus they have an Under Armour outlet! So excited! Saturday is our Old Town District's Oktoberfest, which is always a good time. Otherwise, I'm just trying not to think about/stress about the Tigers having to go back to Yankee Stadium to play game 5 in this playoff series tonight. It'll be a stressful evening for me.
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Pam we posted at the same time! DO P90X! Seriously, you are SO READY. If you can run for 30 minutes, you can do this. Plus we're all here to support you!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Hosanna- I take Lexi to the vet to have them cut her nails and both times I've been, they've made her bleed both times. Dog's nails are incredibly hard to clip and you are totally brave for doing it yourself. The puppy will be fine though, dogs tend to forget a lot of things lol. And I thought I needed to explain why I was driving home with my "top down" so people didn't think the wrong thing LOL. :laugh:

Jessi- I also agree that a gym membership sounds like a great idea since you have the extra cash for it. YAY for Nerd getting a job so quickly!! It's awesome how that worked out. Plus, getting a gym membership also means you'll get access to more than just a treadmill so you can switch things up whenever you want.

Amy- would a crock pot meal work for the 5:30-7pm soccor practices? At least it'd be ready as soon as you walked in the door.

Rain- WOW you are a busy lady! I hope TOM quits beating you up. Good luck on your presentation and thanks for refraining from punching any of us LOL

Pam- Me too about the TOM thing! I've started getting a mini-cycle 2 weeks after my real TOM and it pisses me off. I would suggest watching the dvd first if you are super scared of trying it. I promise it's not as scary as their marketing makes it. Modify and do as many as you can. I think the whole point of P90X is honestly pushing yourself and not giving up too early.

Kerry- LOL at falling out of Crow from being so excited about finally getting into Crow . I kinda did that the other night when I was jogging. The realization of what I was doing hit me hard and I had to stop and take that in for a few seconds.

Mr. Reunion says he will do the Warrior Dash with me- both of them (in NC and in Michigan) and that makes me SUPER FREAKING EXCITED!!! I have to purchase the NC tickets by next Friday so I can get them at their cheapest price. I'm also going to buy a pink "design your own" tshirt from their website that says "Warrior in Training" cause that'll be awesome.

They gave us overtime for this week. Instead of automatically saying I'll do 4 hours every day (the most allowed), I put down only 2 hours for tonight so I can go to the gym. I miss my paychecks having huge OT hours on them, but I want to get in a decent workout and jog again. :bigsmile:

Can someone explain to me the calorie difference in eating eggs with and without the yolk? Isn't the yolk what makes an egg so high in cholesterol? Once I deplete my cereal supply at work, I'm going to start eating breakfast at home- 2 eggs and 2 pieces of wheat toast (lower cals, higher protein, lower sodium, lower carbs than the cereal). Plus it's so freaking yummy. But the down side is it's very high in cholesterol and I don't want to risk raising my cholesterol so high I have to go on medicine or something. I know there are egg substitute products, what's the deal with those? Are they worth it? Would it just be easier/cheaper to buy regular eggs and not use the yolk?
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kendal: Dietary cholesterol isn't the source of elevated blood cholesterol. So eat your eggs and enjoy them. Your blood cholesterol is actually created by your body as cholesterol is a necessary component of a lot of hormones. Your body recycles cholesterol so if you have elevated cholesterol, the best way to deal with it is to eat more fiber as the fiber binds to the cholesterol and flushes it out of your system (keeps it from getting recycled back into your blood). Long story short - the cholesterol you eat has very little to do with your blood cholesterol levels. Thanks for the crock pot idea, that would totally help me out.

Kerry: Yay for new winter clothes!!!!

Pam: You should take out the P90X DVDs and watch them. They aren't that scary and you can modify them to your ability level. You can totally handle P90X.

Rain: Good luck with the presentation and the paper!

Victoria: Hi there (nothing useful to say, just didn't want to leave you out)
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Up since 1:30 a.m. with a constipated 2 year old. BM happened at 7:15...just as the 4 year old got up.

Welp...here's to a great day, girls! Bottoms up (on my coffee cup!) Who needs sleep anyway? It's over-rated, right? Yes? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Thanks Amy!! YAY for eggs and toast!

Sarah- sorry for the sick kid and no sleep. :frown:
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Annette - It really does move quickly!

Hosanna - Definitely will be getting pictures. I'm working on a brilliant plan for a better-than-average bunny home at the moment, so it'll have to wait a couple days. :D Glad he wasn't too late this morning! And sorry about poor Alex bleeding again. :(

Lacey - Nope, they're pretty huge, actually. And omg fluffy. Hopefully we'll get some baby bunnies out of this. :P Your daughter is funny. :D

Rain - I hope things improve for you <3

Kerry - The bunnies are settling in pretty well. The female doesn't like to come out of the cage (and the cage they're in, of course, is too big for me to reach to the back of to get her out), but that's going to be changed tomorrow night.

Kendal - Honestly, a gym membership means I'm paying $40 a month to use a treadmill, and possibly an exercise bike, and that's it. Our gym doesn't offer much awesomeness, and even the treadmills kind of suck because I'm short enough that the handles are too tall on some of them to be comfortable. Also, on the egg subject, I've had both a cardiologist and a family practice doctor tell me not to worry about the cholesterol in egg yolk, even though I have high cholesterol. Apparently, it's not as bad as they made it out to be for forever.

I was having one hell of a time getting a rabbit hutch that has a tray beneath it (since I don't really want my super-fluffy angoras running around in their own poo), so I got smart - I just bought a drop-side crib for $15, since they're not supposed to be used for babies anymore, and I'll be attaching the wire mesh stuff to the outside and bottom, then attach a tray underneath it. Then, girlbunny can't refuse to come out to get brushed, either, because I can reach in and grab her.

I'm waiting until the 17th to get a gym membership, because they're having an open house and I'm going to see if I can get a discount of some sort by signing up that day.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason I hving a hard time getting my bmf to work on this computer, so am trying to reload the program. Their website kind of blows. Grr
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Kendal--Egg beaters and other such yolkless things, I find to be too limiting. I love eggs any way i can get them, and with egg beaters you're pretty much stuck with scrambled/omlet. No boild, no poached, and the "fried" just looks weird without the yolk.

As for food, it's not that i can't cook, it's more of a laziness issue. I walk to and from work, and work an extra long shift so that i can have every other monday off. So, by the time i walk home from work I usually just don't feel like making anything that is not super easy or already in the crock pot. Unfortunatly, super easy usually mean not healthy, and with a picky eater husband i'm even more limited. I've told my husband before that he should help with the cooking. I either get, "I'll eat whatever you make" or he helps by standing over my shoulder to get "lessons." In his defense, he really needs the lessons. He torched one of my best pans because I asked him to put some turkey burger on to brown while i was doing something else. He put it on high with absolulty no water or oil in the bottom to keep it from burning, and he didn't stir. And I've caught him more than once putting my cast iron to "soak" in the dish water. For a really intelligent man he can be very thick headed. Anyway, rambling aside, on my days off I cook full healthy meals, that are not always the same thing; it's just the work nights that I too lazy about. It's a work in progress. Tonight I'm making Quinoa and black beans with some turkey keilbasa. I made the beans myself with no salt, so the only sodium will be from the keilbasa, and the quinoa since i'll cook it in chicken broth. I think it sounds yummy, we'll see if my husband eats it. As for the websites. I like foodgawker, allrecipies, and sparkpeople recipies. I'll still digging through peasandthankyou looking for that crack wrap recipie. and I absolutly love Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman (I know its not necessarly healthy food, but I love her anyway.)

Hosanna--I wish you the best of luck on the wedding planning. It took me a full year, but we had to do it on a budget of 3000. That and I'm an OC planner-type person. Everyone's right, it just matters that you're married at the end of the day.

Jessie---how are the bunnies adjusting (nevermind, you posted while I was typing :)

as for me, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i am beyond my year long plateau. for the third day this week the scale as been reading a loss. It has only been one ounce each day. But after a year of 280....280....280.5....280. (ad nauseam) even one ounce is a plus.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Sheesh, what a PIA that was lol. Total burn for yesterday was 2606 cals. I wrote all my food down in a binder but didn't log it. Right now for me that has to be good enough.
    Goal for today: keep up the good eating when I Am hungry only. No working out. My feet and legs are sore and I don't want to overdo it. Friday will be good to run but I will be glad to take off Saturday and Sunday to give myself a chance to heal up completely. I can feel my feet and lower legs are very very tender and it wouldn't take much to injure them right now.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Katheryne, have you considered doing some food prep/cooking on the weekend? In the fall and winter, because I love to be in a warm kitchen the mostest, I do a lot of that..make a menu and do as much food prep or cook the whole thing for the week to come. Last weekend I made butter tomato sauce, raosted a chicken, meatloaf and a ton of crack wraps for lunch. It took me about four hours and I loved it.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    OMG...finally some breathing time to catch up with all you chatterboxes! So, here we go...

Amy: Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets headaches from WORK/SchoolWORK! I'm not even sure I want to check out anything that people feel the need to change the name to Raper...lol...you work it, girl! I really need to find a good way of stretching out my body, but I haven't liked any yoga videos I've tried (they bored the hell out of me), and I'm not ready to make a fool out of myself in a class. Oh yeah, and thanks for the cholesterol lesson you gave Kendal...made me feel much better about my eggs :wink:

Lacey: I am finding that I'm turning into a snack-a-holic at work lately. I bring the same number of snacks that are supposed to last me throughout the day, but I'm finishing them ALL before lunch. If I could get my lazy behind up earlier, I would try a bigger breakfast to see if that makes it any better. I tend not to eat at night, so maybe I'm just really hungry without knowing it. Great job on working your way back into the swing of logging food so the exercise makes the most sense! Kids are funny with the things they pick up, say, and then feel bad about; I probably would have LMFAO too!

Kendall: I think you could so do both of them, but give me the time and place in NC and I'll be right there cheering you on! I mean, you jogged a mile after already working them legs...that's incredible! BTW: My daughter would be so jealous of your car! Also, it is very cool that Mr. Reunion is already talking about making those plans together...he sounds sweet!

Rain: Whenever I eat something that I can't find an equivalent for, I always choose the least healthy (semi-equivalent) food in the database and log as that. Your plan for this weekend just exhausted me reading it. I think I need a nap, and I KNOW you probably do!!!

Annette: I never realized how much I took away from myself by dedicating all of my time to my girls...not that it was't worth it, but there has to be balance. You can't take care of the family as efficiently if you aren't at your efficiency best. It's never an all or nothing thing...find your balance :smile:

Crystal: The self-imposed celibacy thing is often a great way to reconnect with yourself to figure out what you really want and need. But, yeah, it does seem like guys have a radar for that thing...sheesh

Katheryne: We must have had the same Docs in our early 20s...lol...fools they are! I have pretty much figured those three things out on my own, which I think is why this method of changing my life is working. I do need to work on having protein at breakfast more consistently, though. I just need to get my behind up earlier in the morning to make that happen, and I'm oh so sleepy! I'm with the hubby...I get bored with food very quickly; in fact, the only way I can do leftovers at all is for lunch. The fact of taking them out of the house to another venue makes it like a totally new meal...lol

Jessi: I had a bunny once when the girls were little. He was huge, black and white, and we called him oreo. He tried to eat my furniture (the wood was soon missing some serious chunks :noway: Anyway, I had to get rid of him because I quickly found out I was allergic to all of those little critters (as a child, I had hamsters and guinea pigs). Very cool story...I must be VERY cultivated :wink: Congrats to nerd for finding a job so quickly...parttime gigs are a pain in the *kitten* because they just use you however they want to. Like everyone else has said, that treadmill situation has big flashing warning lights all over it!

Kerry: You are too funny...no wonder you're so SWEET!!! YAY for pulling out clothes and having nothing fit...that's what this whole thing is about, right??

Hosanna: You have every reason to freak out for a few minutes every once in a while. Then you breathe, get over it, and get on with being the happiest woman in the world.:flowerforyou: Poor puppy...the lucky thing for you is that they tend to forget everything that's happened to them as soon as a squirrel passes by.

Victoria: I just want to give you a shout out for how motivating and wonderful you are to everyone on this thread...your posts, even when not directed towards me, make me feel good about life.

Pam: I would choose the fries over the cake too, but I am truly in heaven with a sweet and salty combo...fresh hot pretzels and ice cream is to die for!

Alright, an hour later, and I think I'm finally caught up!

I totally blew one of my challenges yesterday because I didn't get ANY exercise in; all I had to do was walk 2 miles and do 50 crunches. Darn the BF for changing his work schedule...lol...yes, I'm going to blame him :bigsmile: I'm seriously considering trying the zumba class today. I love to dance, but I have been putting off trying the class because I was no longer comfortable in my own skin. Now that I'm down almost 50lbs and feeling much better about life, I think I'm ready. Still nervous about it, but ready to give it a try.

Work this week has gone suprisingly smoothly for me, even though the building is in an uproar over a multitude of things. I woke up this morning actually surprised that it was Thursday already, when normally I'm thinking oh God it's only Thursday...lol I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and is ready for the weekend!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! TOM, and I'm up one pound. Ugh ugh ugh, trying to ignore it though because I know it'll be gone in a couple days here. I really need to breaking the weighing daily habit (I only log once a week though), I KNOW it's probably not good to do so, but it's become a part of my "morning ritual".

KatherineLynne - eeeek on the cast iron! I love mine, and will not let anyone else use them! Heh, it just seems anytime my husband touches them they end up with rust spots. Can you make extra portions in the crock pot for when you don't have time to cook, and then just freeze them so you can rotate the frozen portions and not end up having to eat the same things back to back? Do you have a rice cooker? One of the quickest/easiest things is to make a stirfry - chop up the veggies on the weekend or something, and then all you have to do is quick cook it up with some meat or tofu. The rice can be precooked in the rice cooker whenever :)

Jessikerlaine - good idea on waiting to see if you can get a deal! We're getting close to winter, so lots of gyms are having membership sales or fee waiving to catch the New Year resolution people :)

Kendal - I wouldn't worry about the cholesterol in the eggs! The yolks are full of good vitamins :) A whole egg is only about 70cals, not bad at all.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Two things:
    1. My underarmor gear came in today!! Woohoo! The pants are going to flat out looks like total ****e on me, but I don't care, because they are both dry wicking and warm and fuzzy on this inside. I am looking forward to trying them out Friday.
    2. I want French Onion Soup. And so will be making it Sunday night for dinner. I miss it from France.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Kiki- I know a lot of people say stay off the scale, but it's what works for me and like you, I only log it once a week. The way I figure it is this: If I gain 3 pounds from yesterday, I know it's not "real" weight, it's gotta be from too much sodium or my muscles retaining water from a hard workout and I can adjust my eating/drinking to fix it. However, if I only weigh once a week and see that I've gained 3 pounds from last week, that would totally discourage me. I would think that I really gained those 3 pounds when if I had weighed the day before or the day after, the scale would show something entirely different.

Lacey- YAY for new workout clothes!!!
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Kiki - The only thing that kind of blows is we only have one gym, at the college, because I live in the middle of nowhere. I wish we had a 24-hour gym, because midnight would be amazing for going to the gym. :P And yeah, weighing every day is rough, but such a hard habit to break. As long as you recognize it's not real weight unless it KEEPS going up, though, go for it if it works.

Lacey - I want french onion soup, too! :O Maybe I'll make some this weekend.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kendal: I'm with you. I weigh every day but don't freak out at the day-to-day weight fluctuations.

Lacey: Dude, that French Onion Soup in Paris was THE BOMB!!!

Kiki: Don't sweat a little weight gain with the day to day weighing. You could have had a bit more sodium yesterday or your muscles are retaining water.

Bobbie: You should TOTALLY do Zumba - it's so fun!!!

Katheryne: I would KILL The Hubbs if he put my cast iron pans in water. Kill him.

Jessi: I like your make-shift rabbit hutch - so smart!

Kendal: I'm glad I saved your eggs and toast for you. I seriously love eggs and toast! I eat them pretty regularly and my cholesterol has gone DOWN in the past year (it's from the fiber I added to my daily diet).

Sarah: OMG, that so sucks. Can you take a nap or something???
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I am having a hungry day today I think. its got better since I chugged some water and choked down some chobani vanilla greek that seems to have stevia in it..blech. I will look at the tub when I get home and see whats up with that. I don't like any of that artificial sweetener taste.

I'm going to get my hair cut at 1 and there is a gelato place next door I am going to hit up for some coconut gelato on my way back. Its not as fluffy as the stuff in Italy but it sounds good.