Best boyfriend ever

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Grammar is a constant topic on here so the post was witty against that background. Personally, I have no love for grammar nazis and have mocked them mercilessly in the past but I can see the humour in his post.
    I have yet to be mocked by you. I think I might like it...
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Please add the following to that list, though:
    their-there-they're
    regardless - irregardless
    woman-women (this one always amazes me - you see it a lot on dating sites)
    weather - whether

You forgot lose/loose. :tongue:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Please add the following to that list, though:
    their-there-they're
    regardless - irregardless
    woman-women (this one always amazes me - you see it a lot on dating sites)
    weather - whether

You forgot lose/loose. :tongue:

And couldn't care less! It's couldn't not could!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I have yet to be mocked by you. I think I might like it...

Give it time my aposiopesis loving friend. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But soon. I'll be watching ;)
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I wonder how long someone must creep around on here to find something to correct... It is rather pathedic.
    Apparently someone needs to stop back in around page two to say, 'it's spelled pathetic.'

Spelling/grammar aside, what is wrong with attention to detail, caring about how one presents him or herself, and a general aura of elitism?

msf74 is right, by the way. It was said in fun and there was nothing personal behind the statement itself. It has been an absolute delight to wade through the friend requests and the PMs stemming from this topic in the meantime.
    -wtk
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is awesome, of course handsome and makes me smile everyday.......oh wait, just don't tell my husband ;)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I wonder how long someone must creep around on here to find something to correct... It is rather pathedic.
    Apparently someone needs to stop back in around page two to say, 'it's spelled pathetic.'

Spelling/grammar aside, what is wrong with attention to detail, caring about how one presents him or herself, and a general aura of elitism?

msf74 is right, by the way. It was said in fun and there was nothing personal behind the statement itself. It has been an absolute delight to wade through the friend requests and the PMs stemming from this topic in the meantime.
    -wtk
    I may have a new favorite in you.
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options

-wtk

May have just been joking arounfsdad wit ya..HAhaha its pretty funny ;)
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

I was too easy.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I was too easy.

Holy Freudian typo, Batman.

*It* was too easy. IT. No comments as to the other.
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options

-wtk

They're is nothing wrong with it btw I am just pullinf youR leg. :P
  • Amy619
    Options
    My boyfriend is way cool cause he is funny and fun and sexy too! He cooks healthy meals for me that taste delicious. He takes me to shows and is my bouncer...He is easy to talk to and smart...I still like hanging out with him and we've been together almost 2 years this month. He is way romantic and makes me feel good about myself. He has a backbone though and does not take any **** from me!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Well, he's my husband now, but when I met him, from DAY ONE (will be together 5 years this month), he was very upfront about telling me the he 'really' liked me...and when he said he'd call or come over at X-time.....he DID it!

It might not seem like a lot, but after years of dealing with guys who played games, it was really awesome, and those little things really matter.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

-wtk

I'm not sure why you quoted me? lol
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My live-in partner (I hate the word "boyfriend", don't know why!) is amazing.

He's my best friend, he's supportive in all of my decisions (especially the good ones, but he was supportive to me even when I was a binge-eating chain-smoker), and he loves me unconditionally. He never expects me to run the household, since we both work full time we share those responsibilities and we are great at compromising about most everything. Lots of love in this home.

Bonus: He's HOTT. (yes, he deserves the extra "T")
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    6144326214_a77785f01a.jpg
    wrong1 by peacefulvibrations, on Flickr
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

He's my best friend, he's supportive in all of my decisions (especially the good ones, but he was supportive to me even when I was a binge-eating chain-smoker), and he loves me unconditionally. He never expects me to run the household, since we both work full time we share those responsibilities and we are great at compromising about most everything. Lots of love in this home.

Glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with "boyfriend" I struggle with what to call him. I've taken a liking to "significant other"
    I'm 32 I am a mom, I am not going to prom next week.......boyfriend doesn't work for me.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! I am dyin' over here!! Cannot stop laughing!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with "boyfriend" I struggle with what to call him. I've taken a liking to "significant other"
    I'm 32 I am a mom, I am not going to prom next week.......boyfriend doesn't work for me.

I know, right? I feel like I'm in the 7th grade when I say, "This is my boyfriend." Really? His family introduces me as his "significant other." I hate it. Then you can see the wheels turning: Why aren't they married? What's wrong with her? Blah blah blah.

How about marriage is stupid. And a scam. It's the old bait and switch. I'm not falling for that one again. No siree.

And my boyfriend is smart. VERY VERY smart. This is why he is so amazing. My ex husband was dumb - and I'm not saying that to be mean. Just seriously unitelligent. I MUST be with someone who is my intellectual equal. And he must know basic grammar and spelling. Because seeing those errors physically hurts me.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    My bf puts up with me and my antics, and generally appreciates my crazy streak.

He shares the gaming systems and takes me out to watch the Packers (we live in Chicago so sometimes seeing the games involves travel to a GB friendly bar)

He's taking me to Cinci for a Brewers game or two this weekend...and Waffle House.
    He takes me out for fatty foods but still encourages me to make up for it with exercise and being doubly careful about my eating after food splurges.

He watches awesome shows with me, can quote pop culture references and the internet with the best of em, and buys me comic books.

He bought me Toejam and Earl and Moon Shoes and the stuffed mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.