What is your WHY?

2»

Replies

• Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Health and fitness are my biggest motivators. I don't want to cross that line and be diabetic. I don't want high blood pressure. I don't want my face to be post box red when I have to walk up a gentle slope. Nor do I want to be gasping and wheezing like someone who's smoked 60 a day for 50 years. I want to be able to go on long walks with my dog without being absolutely knackered for the next 3 days after doing so.

I won't lie, yes I want to look good. But the main reason I'm doing this is to get fit and healthy and be able to enjoy life again instead of being too fat and unfit to do much.
  • I recently quit smoking and decided that I need to be really focused on being healthy so that in the future I can start a family and be healthy for my children. I also wanted to motivate my boyfriend and he works out with me everyday, he has become my inspiration instead :)

I also certainly wouldn't mind to get into a bikini sometime within the next few years.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I have so much to offer the world. I am a smart professional woman who is embarrassed of how I look and feel. I feel out of place and like people don't see what I have to offer because I am too big. I want my only limits to be real ones, not the ones that are perceived. I have had enough of that in my life.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    I want to be healthy and stay healthy for my 4 yr old daughter. I want to feel sexy, I want to have more energy to play and run around with my daughter. I want to fit into my old smaller clothes. I want to be able to make love to my special someone with the lights on :-p
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    More than one ok?

1 - to not dig my grave with a knife and fork (be around a long time to enjoy my life)

I like that! :heart:

To be here to raise my daughter.
    To not need to take blood pressure meds.
    To not be ashamed of how I look.

To name a few. :smile:
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Why??? I want to be healthy .. ok that's part of it.
    I want to be sexy, I want to grab attention when I walk by.
    I want at 36 to be sexier then i was at 26.
    I want to hear my son complain about his friends saying I'm Hot..

I want to be able to to grab any thing and put it on and not worry how it makes me look.

I want to feel and look as good as I can...
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 567 Member
    To NOT be like my Mom is one. She is pretty much house bound & can't do much anymore. She is pretty overweight & has had 2 knee replacement surgeries, and despite pleadings from her doctor to get moving, she doesn't. The lower blood sugar, good cholesterol levels, etc are all great of course, but I want to take weekend trips, walk a trail, go shopping, and do ordinary daily things for as long as possible while I'm on this Earth.

Me too. My mother has never been overweight, but has not led a healthy lifestyle. She smoked most of my life, has never eaten healthy food, and has NEVER been active or participated in any sort of sport or exercise. Now at 68 she is paying the price for those decisions. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and while she has beaten the cancer, she has never fully recovered from the treatment and is generally housebound and too weak to hold or play with her grandchildren. If you were to meet her and guess her age, you would probably guess that she was somewhere in her 80's. My father on the other hand is a spry 70 and still very, very active. It's funny because my 4 year old daughter is always explaining to me that grandma can't do this or that because she is too old, yet thinks nothing of grandpa taking part in whatever activity she is explaining and he is actually older than grandma. My mother has never been able to help me with either of my children who are still quite young. My inspiration to be healthy and stay healthy is to be there for my girls when they have children. I want to be able to hold them and care for them and to be able to help. So many of my friends have mothers that come over to watch their kids and/or keep the kids overnight. Thankfully, my mother-in-law is able to do this, but it is disappointing that my own mother cannot be there to help.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    I am driven by a desire to be fit and healthy and my goal is to live to be a ripe old age. I am 55 and I honestly believe that I am a lot healthier and fitter than a lot of 20 year olds I know. Sad but true.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Im 42 and its past due !!!!!!!!!!!!!

To hopefully find peace within my self and find my soulmate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    My main reasons are my health , my kids. Bu t there is a little part of me that want to have men look at me as if I was a big decadent triple chocolate cake :tongue:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    To be healthy, and to set a good example of exercise and good eating habits for my 13 year old daughter. My goal is not only to get lean, but to stay that way, to make it part of my lifestyle - develop healthy habits that take me well into my golden years so I can enjoy those years!