Stupidest Dieting Fads you have heard?

Options
I just wondered what the stupidest way to lose weight you heard is, I was thinking about this today. The worst I heard is taking laxatives everyday!

Also heard about the starvation...but taking it a step further and freezing ice then chewing it for dinner!

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves only eat one single food for the duration: apple diet, cabbage soup diet, etc lol
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    just starving yourself
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i've heard of taking Claritin.. because it supposedly secretes your hunger ..

people, it just takes will power! don't kill yourselves! i swear
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Also heard about the starvation...but taking it a step further and freezing ice then chewing it for dinner!

Yum, ice. Don't forget about the classic lemon water!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    The pregnant lady pee one is a bit way out there for me.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that you burn calories to keep warm so you could lose weight by just sitting in a cold store for several hours a day!!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I just wondered what the stupidest way to lose weight you heard is, I was thinking about this today. The worst I heard is taking laxatives everyday!

^^^ This
    But other than that the grapefruit diet.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    The HCG diet is high on my radar right now.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do not understand how people can even lead a normal life taking laxatives daily! Without being too TMI, that stuff means business!

Stupid fads...I heard about the cabbage soup one and thought that was pretty revolting.
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    the celery diet, eat only celery because it takes more calories to eat and burn then are in the celery itself!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There are way too many to name and most of them are being practiced by some members of this site.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Balanced diet and exercise... Oh, wait... that one works :)

How about 500 calories a day and a pill?
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    The baby food diet. That stuff's just not appetising. :/
  • summergirl76
    Options
    I know there are lots of negative things being said about hcg, but i just wanted to say that it worked for me and completely retrained my brain in regards to eating. The maintenance portion (for me) was a lot more important than the short term "diet" part.

Otherwise, I agree-laxatives are crazy. how absolutely miserable!
  • desifink
    desifink Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    *waves* Hey rml! :)
  • RKORTON
    Options
    I tried the staple in the ear years ago. It was suppose to suppress my hunger by putting pressure on the nerve. My best friend told me that it messed me up because my eating has been out of control ever since.
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    Pregnant ladies urine!! EEWWWW

Sitting in the cold........I'd rather sit in a roasting hot room and sweat it out! lol
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    Options
    eat less and you will lose weight! i mean wtf is that all about
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    *waves* Hey rml! :)

HEATHER!!!!!