Stupidest Dieting Fads you have heard?

Options
2»

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    i've heard of taking Claritin.. because it supposedly secretes your hunger ..

people, it just takes will power! don't kill yourselves! i swear

this was a big thing that went around my work for awhile...hahaha...I thought it sounded crazy!!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    One time, this idiot told me to watch what I eat and exercise frequently. What a jerk.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    HCG is on the top of my *kitten* list

but let's not forget:

Master Cleanse
    Cabbage Soup
    VLCD
    fat-free
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Worse than the silly/dangerous diets, are those who say "It worked for me!" when they have no idea or simply don't care what they have done to their body.

I've been hearing a radio commercial about a cookie diet. Don't know the details, but it can't be good! Lol!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Worse than the silly/dangerous diets, are those who say "It worked for me!" when they have no idea or simply don't care what they have done to their body.

I've been hearing a radio commercial about a cookie diet. Don't know the details, but it can't be good! Lol!!

Cookies worked for me! Oh wait, that was the GAIN weight diet. :laugh:
  • Uk_Yogini
    Options
    Any fad diet whatever it is and there are plenty out there are just plain stupid.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I will stick with healthy food and exercise. . Fad diets are silly and most if not all of us have tried them at one time or another.:laugh:
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    "The Cleveland Clinic Diet" I used to do it all the time while i was a teenager at school.
    A friend printed it out and gave to me, saying her Dad was diabetic and he had to lose weight quickly before an operation, so the Dr. prescribed him this."It makes you lose 10lbs in 3 days by eating specific foods, specific amounts and at specific times of the day by some sort of chemical reaction" LOL.
    In the beginning it worked and I lost 10lbs in 3 days, then i would take 10 days out to eat normally, then return to the 3 day diet.
    I ate a weird concoxtion of things such as black tea, half a grapefruit, 2 hotdogs with broccoli and then a cup of ice cream LOL.
    Eventually the weight loss stopped and now as an adult I realise there is no chemical reaction, it doesnt make a difference what time of day i ate, or the weird mix of things ITS JUST THAT THE DAY CAME UNDER 1200KCALS :laugh:
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    One time, this idiot told me to watch what I eat and exercise frequently. What a jerk.

LOL what a health risk that fool must have been! :laugh:
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    This is sometimes also called the Ice Cream Diet.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    mine too! i know a few people who are on this garbage.... tsk tsk tsk!
    HCG is on the top of my *kitten* list
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was at a health fair and this man was selling packages of raw foods, it all looked like soft granola in different flavors, all very yummy. He said you eat 1/4 cup of it at meal and snack times along with lots of water. I was on board untill my hubby asked me how long did I think I would be able to handle eating an entire meal in 5 minutes! Oh well.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Dr. Bernstein diet...800 calories of food per day, limited choice of food, B12 and other vitamins injection once a week...costs about 500$ per month....my ex SIL did it, by the end, she was grey and melted.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I would have to say the HCG... like 500 calories a day, of course you will lose weight.

No Carbs (not low carb) I don't understand why people cut carbs to lose weight when to a certain point, your body needs them and what happens when you start eating them again? Moderation is key people!!

Oh, and one-type-of-food diets (cabbage soup, grapefruit).. those are just ridiculous.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    i've heard of taking Claritin.. because it supposedly secretes your hunger ..

people, it just takes will power! don't kill yourselves! i swear

Claritin does not work. I take it every day for allergies and get pretty hungry!
  • PhilBlock
    PhilBlock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I actually wrote a blog post about something like this not too long ago lol check it out.. I had even refernced the "Cookie Diet" too! http://ow.ly/6tqIe