Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I cannot cook

2»

Replies

• mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos

Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 16 min
    Cooking Time: 300 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
    1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
    1 small red onion(s), chopped
    14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with chiles
    15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/2 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    3/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth
    14 oz Chicken breast, skinless, boneless, raw

3/4 cup(s) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese

Instructions
    Place garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, oregano and pepper
    in a 3-quart slow cooker; stir well. Add chicken and broth. Cover and cook on
    low setting for 5 hours. Drain off liquid. Shredded chicken with a fork.
    To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of burrito mixture down center of each tortilla;
    top with 1/8 cup of cheese. Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla to center. Fold left side
    to center; fold right side to center, covering filling. Repeat with remaining
    ingredients.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    If you can follow directions, you can cook. Now if you hate cooking, that is a whole 'nother issue, but I truly don't believe a functioning adult *can't* cook. It is a basic life skill and one worth knowing how to perform without endangering yourself or others. I would seriously look into a basic cooking class. Many adult ed. programs and local community colleges offer them around me. Do you have anything like that in your area?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Okay i have a crock pot on my registry so maybe i'll start building up some recipes. The cupcakes i blame the oven the grill cheese i blame my mom. She never cooked with butter so she just watched the grill cheese closely and "grilled" it on low heat. Well i didnt know that. Thank god it was winter (Cleveland) and freezing out because i tomahawked my grill cheese right out the window into the snow =)

I usually do the "raw" things or call my Future Hubby and make him "show me" a.k.a cook me dinner =)

Did you have your wedding shower yet? I got married 2 years ago and my cooking skills are lacking as well, so we asked people to bring (in lieu of a card), their favorite recipe to share with us. It was fun and we got a lot of great new things to add to our dinner 'rotation'. Luckily my husband cooks much better than I do, or we'd probably be starving!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    I burn water! :wink: So I stick to real simple thing.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Okay i have a crock pot on my registry so maybe i'll start building up some recipes. The cupcakes i blame the oven the grill cheese i blame my mom. She never cooked with butter so she just watched the grill cheese closely and "grilled" it on low heat. Well i didnt know that. Thank god it was winter (Cleveland) and freezing out because i tomahawked my grill cheese right out the window into the snow =)

I usually do the "raw" things or call my Future Hubby and make him "show me" a.k.a cook me dinner =)

Did you have your wedding shower yet? I got married 2 years ago and my cooking skills are lacking as well, so we asked people to bring (in lieu of a card), their favorite recipe to share with us. It was fun and we got a lot of great new things to add to our dinner 'rotation'. Luckily my husband cooks much better than I do, or we'd probably be starving!

That is a great idea! No i havent had the shower yet! But i love the recipe idea!!!