WW points

2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Myfitnesspal has all the same tools that WW has. You just have to play around with it for a while and get your foods and percentages tweaked for your particular needs.

You can track many different nutrients here and you are given lots of great tools such as the "Full Report", the blog, the exercise and food intake reports/charts. Tons of great recipes. The nutrients you track are up to you to a large degree. The % of Fat/Carb/Protein is set to a default, but you can change the numbers in your settings.

As far as the food calories vs WW "points" - a calorie is a calorie. Your body needs a wide variety of nutrients, and there are many dietary requirements that you should be aware of when trying to lose weight. Denying your body any of the important nutrients will, in the long run, lead to difficulty maintaining a healthy weight.

A majority of the common foods in the Myfitnesspal database are entered directly by Mike, the moderator/owner of the site and the numbers are taken from the manufacturers' or reputable food databases. You can message Mike for his source, or go to "Help" for answers. If the food in the database has an asterisk ( * ) in front of it, then it was put in the database by a "member" and you will find many differing calorie counts for some foods. If you find an error, please mark the food as "incorrect" so it can be changed by Mike.

This is a great place to be, I am not a group "joiner" and I like to come and go as I please, so this has been perfect for me. I feel I can accurately track my own food and I don't need to be weighed by someone, so I find no need to pay to use WW. Even their website charges you to use it.
This discussion has been closed.