Old Sayings

Options

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    My Dad always says when he sees someone who had to much to drink. "He has his round shoes on"

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Any idea what that means?

Imagine how you would walk if your shoes were shaped like balls - particularly on the soles..

Very funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My mom used to say, "Use your head for something besides a hat rack".
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Parents would tell me I would lose my head if it wasn`t attached to my shoulders.

That was when I was tearing the house apart looking for a lost homework assignment.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Parents would tell me I would lose my head if it wasn`t attached to my shoulders.

That was when I was tearing the house apart looking for a lost homework assignment.

Gee, my mom always said that if it was a snake it would have bitten me (when I was looking for something, and it was in plain sight)
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Speaking of "round heels", my Dad used to call a slutty looking girl a "round heel". He also uses the expression (when the kids are NOT around) "Colder than a witches tit" wonder how cold a witches boob actually is??
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Speaking of "round heels", my Dad used to call a slutty looking girl a "round heel". He also uses the expression (when the kids are NOT around) "Colder than a witches tit" wonder how cold a witches boob actually is??

I thought it was colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Gee, my mom always said that if it was a snake it would have bitten me (when I was looking for something, and it was in plain sight)

Yep to both. :laugh: And then, "It's going to be in the last place you look" when you're looking for something. Well, duh! Because then you quit looking. :ohwell:
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My Mom always says 'Well, it's all gone Tits-Up'....or just Titsup if it's a particularly bad day.... :smokin: :laugh:
  • renae5
    Options

I thought it was colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra?
    Could be... my Dad is an old hillbilly from the mountains of Arkansas so they probably just cut it short. He also says "colder than a well diggers *kitten*" - atleast that one makes since to me!
  • renae5
    Options
    My Mom always says 'Well, it's all gone Tits-Up'....or just Titsup if it's a particularly bad day.... :smokin: :laugh:
    Think that refers to you ending up on your head?? You know droopy boobs and all??
  • mizzymiz
    Options
    Think that refers to you ending up on your head?? You know droopy boobs and all??

:laugh: Well I guess going feet over head is just as bad as having droopy boobs.... actually, droopy boobs are probably worse. :laugh:
  • renae5
    Options

:laugh: Well I guess going feet over head is just as bad as having droopy boobs.... actually, droopy boobs are probably worse. :laugh:
    I was thinking the worst, ending up on your feet over head WITH droopy boobs... then the tits are definitely UP, and down and up and down. HA!
  • renae5
    Options
    Where are you Max?? I know you have to have a boob comment!!
  • mizzymiz
    Options

I was thinking the worst, ending up on your feet over head WITH droopy boobs... then the tits are definitely UP, and down and up and down. HA!

:laugh: That IS the worst! Ahhhh TITS! :laugh:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    More nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

I love that one!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    How about, "more busy than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest!"
  • pettmybunny
    Options

Would you rather.... have droopy boobs... or drippy boobs! lol
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Personally I love all the sayings that peope use to discribe someone that might be a touch insane, or not as smart as they could be. My FAVORITE is the wheel is turning but the hampster is dead.
    --Diann...

"Several fries short of a happy meal"
    "Couple cards short of a full deck"
    "Heeeeeere's your sign!"
  • mizzymiz
    Options

Would you rather.... have droopy boobs... or drippy boobs! lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: lucky for us women - we get to have both at some point ! :grumble:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    lol... cats drag in the most dead of animals.... Usually after killing it themselves... What does that say about your mother?

:noway: