Options

Replies

• shiggyshane
    Options
    down..just the way i was raised..
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Seat and lid down in my house. I lift and lower the seat when I go. She lifts and lowers the lid when she goes. Works out pretty well.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    its not guys that leave it up................ but girls leaving the dam thing down !
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When my son and I had a one bathroom apartment, if I went into the bathroom to use it and I saw the seat was up, I would make him go into the bathroom and put it down. Yes I would! Now we have a two bathroom apartment and he leaves the seat up in his bathroom. I don't care as long as my seat is down when I go to use it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I have my own bathroom in our home. It is not an issue. I am in a home that once had 3 girls and my wife in it. It was difficult to get them to raise the seat when they were done, but I finally got them trained.

Seriously...it's easier to lower the seat than raise it. Gravity does most of the work. There are more important things in life than obsessing about the toilet seat.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I always bring it down when I am done. I also like to have the bathroom door closed as much as possible.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Out of respect for anyone using the toilet seat. I was taught to put it down after I use it each time. Common Cursity!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Down, DH and I had a discussion about this, and really I prefer both seat and lid down. First my argument for having it down was he needs it down sometimes, I need it down all the time . . . he needs it up sometimes, I need it up never, so isn't it more efficient to just put it down always? And then I found a study that talked about how far the spray goes when you flush (6 feet in the average home, much further in industrial toilets), showed it to him and said "I think we should put the seat and cover down" he said "that's dumb" I said "let's get out the measuring tape and see how close your tooth brush is from the *kitten* spray" we now put the cover down.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    DOWN!! No one needs to look at a toilet bowl... even though I keep mine very clean!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Lid down! It's how I prefer it.
    plus, having 2 young children that might play in it and a cat that would probably drink from the bowl. EEWWW!
    Not only that, butttttt (excuse the pun), I don't like the idea of and if I remember right,
    Mythbusters proved it... when you flush there is a back spray...and I don't want that all over the bathroom.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    rage-comics-double-standards.jpg
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have always wondered why there were so many people complaining about the ubiquitous "Splashdown". Didn't anyone learn to look before you sit?
    The seats are always down at my house out of respect for the women folk who can't seem to understand this principle. That and the severe beating I took at 3:08 AM on January 14, 1996.

LMAO!!!!!
  • Random_Name
    Options
    Ive never understood this argument. Any man Ive ever lived with was nasty and would get pee everywhere. I learned a long time ago to look before I sit.

Good. You don't want to get pregnant.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Seat & lid down!!! When you flush, germs can go go airborne up to 12 feet...gross!! I read that in a magazine a long time ago...

Agreed
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    Seat down. They inforce that sheit in the military so my hubby was already trained, lol. However, now I'm also gonna start putting the lid down too after reading a few posts bc my bathroom is a weee bit small and my toothbrush is only a couple of feet away........... icky.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Down.

If it's down and they miss, it is easy to clean up.

If it's up and I sit in the water in the middle of the night, someone's going to die. :flowerforyou:
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    I keep the lid down. I have two dogs that like to drink out of the magic well and I think it is gross, so the lid is always closed.

Not to change subject but maybe it needs another topic. My step sister makes her husband and boys sit to pee to prevent misses. They even use stalls to pee when in public restrooms with urinals because of their training. I do not think this is normal, how many guys here sit to pee?
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I keep the lid down. I have two dogs that like to drink out of the magic well and I think it is gross, so the lid is always closed.

Not to change subject but maybe it needs another topic. My step sister makes her husband and boys sit to pee to prevent misses. They even use stalls to pee when in public restrooms with urinals because of their training. I do not think this is normal, how many guys here sit to pee?

NOT COOL. I've heard of this before. Very emasculating in my opinion.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I never understood the whole timeless "up-or-down" conflict. My fiance' insisted she wants the seat down, but she never gets up in the middle of the night to go, whereas I get up two or three times. I would prefer to just return the loo to its "default" position of lid down, which not only levels the playing field of sexual parity, but keeps poo-particles from flying all over the bathroom.

I'm hoping to eventually re-visit this topic, but for now, it's a "Yes, dear" issue... seat down, lid up. :grumble:
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been having a battle with my husband about this for 25 yrs., I even tryed to talk him into the sit and tuck method, no luck with that one either....it's frustrating at times, but everything else is good! :tongue: