How come every thread I have been on today is deleted?

13»

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Instead of arbitrarily deleting a thread without notice, wouldnt it be nice for an individual with said power to come into the room and explain why it was about to be deleted, or a warning perhaps as to what content needs to be toned down...like many have said, this random deleting is getting out of hand...

I got 3 posts deleted in my tenure on MFP and always got an e-mail from Mike explaining why it was deleted and not appropriate.
    yea it USED to be like that. They dont do that anymore
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    phenomenal cosmic powers itty-bitty living space

heehee...from Aladdin
    :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    ahh just witnessed it, apparently a "should I get my wife diamond earrings or a pearl necklace" is way too risque for the boards. which I guess means I am too....

well quite frankly the point of that one was looking for trouble. I am sorry if you really thought he was talking about adornents. yeah not so much

no no, i completely understood the thread. While there was definitely insinuation in replies (including my own) I didn't see anything spelled out, or explicit. And the OP himself was poking fun, which lead to the replies being the same, so it's not like the OP was getting bullied or would be offended.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, and like I said, I get the nature of the message. I think it was deleted a LOT faster than normal (if deleted at all) today, just like everyone has been saying.

and i am not supporting the pulling of it, i am just not supprised with the way things have been the last day or so.

i have seen in the past threads like that die a natrual death after everyone has there eyerolls, or beavis and butthead style laugh and get on back to their adult lives. Its just getting absurd aroudn here

• and i am not supporting the pulling of it, i am just not supprised with the way things have been the last day or so.

i have seen in the past threads like that die a natrual death after everyone has there eyerolls, or beavis and butthead style laugh and get on back to their adult lives. Its just getting absurd aroudn here

gotcha....I haven't been on the boards much the last couple of days, and I have seen way worse (in some people's opinions, I'm not easily offended) posts on the boards that survived...so I was surprised to see that thread get deleted so quickly. i guess that' s become the norm. I just like a little immature silliness every now and then to break up the day and the "is gaining weight during TOM normal!??!?!?!?!", "has anyone tried HCG?" and the infamous "What does bump mean?" posts.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    ASK A Mexican thread got zapped!!!!! it was such a masterpiece tooo
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Are you serious?! What did it have that was offensive? It was a thing of beauty.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    phenomenal cosmic powers itty-bitty living space

Great...now I want to watch Alladin.....
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    It almost appears like there is something wrong, like everything is being deleted regardless of what it is. Maybe a moderator bug? I know that sounds stupid, but I've just never seen it as bad as this before...
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    I'm leaving this site, tired off all the crap and crying.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    1) MFP needs to have objective and concise wording in their rules. When the rules are very objective and not pliable or non-existent like they are now, people know what is expected of them. The rules should be so clear that personal opinion should not enter the equation.

2) MFP needs to publicly post what the steps/consequences are after violations of their rules occur on the forums. This should not be a surprise to members.

3) MFP needs moderators who are honest, and who don't take a job that they're not being paid to do SO seriously. But objective rules are good for them to have something to fall back on. Their opinions should not be relevent when determining if something is "offensive".

4) Members need to follow the rules and get over it when they break a rule and their post is deleted for it.

5) MFP really need to upgrade these forums to a VBulletin platform. This is easily the crappiest UN mod-friendly forum ever. On VB, the mod can flag posts that are inappropriate, and the forum will automatically notify the offending person. The forum keeps count of these flags and then bans the member for the selected number of days that has been set beforehand in the control panel (or infinitely) - automatically.

The trouble with a mod coming in and telling everyone what was wrong with the post is that it makes the post debateable. There are too many whiners on here who can't bear to hear that they're outside of the forums' rules.

So...........MFP admins, get it together - utilize your lawyer to hammer out what's objective, and create rules that are easy for everyone to make sense of. Make it very easy to figure out what will happen if these rules are broken, and don't get into debates with members about why their posts were deleted. An upgrade to a platform that doesn't suck would help. There is SO much support for VB owners. Look into it.
  • now there's 2 that I'm shocked are still here!!!

*dances in the temporary revolution*
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    1) MFP needs to have objective and concise wording in their rules. When the rules are very objective and not pliable or non-existent like they are now, people know what is expected of them.

THIS. And apply the policies evenly so people who are non-Christians don't get punished for doing the same things Christians do who aren't getting punished for those things.
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    May as well go nuts, folks.

POOP!

Wow, that felt very liberating.

ROFL!!!!!!!!! Thank you for making my day.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    And apply the policies evenly so people who are non-Christians don't get punished for doing the same things Christians do who aren't getting punished for those things.

Well, now that you pointed THAT out, this thread will be deleted. :laugh:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    I suggest big girl panties for everyone.
    (or big boy briefs for the dudes -- unless you prefer panties, don't wanna hate lol)

Most of this seems to be silly child-ish crap.
This discussion has been closed.