We should just create our own forums.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Goodbye Taso. It's been real. :cry: :cry: :sad:

This is so true Taso will be miss. :frown:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's all getting a bit Stepford. Bye, Taso. Please can whoever that was who's still talking to him please tell him we miss him? Cheers.

I'm off to nick someone's halo and pretend it's mine for when the Gesta... uh, mods come a-knocking.

Haha. He just says he wishes that he was this cool in real life.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    And when asked, he gave legit good advice. This is ridiculous.

This is so true. Taso will be miss. :frown:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's all getting a bit Stepford. Bye, Taso. Please can whoever that was who's still talking to him please tell him we miss him? Cheers.

I'm off to nick someone's halo and pretend it's mine for when the Gesta... uh, mods come a-knocking.

Haha. He just says he wishes that he was this cool in real life.

He said that to me, too. Aww. And he recycles!
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    We should include a "birdie" nasty finger in our profile pic, as has been done by Jovialation.
    Whether she did it for this or not, I think it would make a point.
    Visual protest!

Pj
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    IMO, this site is pretty ridiculously over-modded. I'm a member and a mod on several forums, and I've NEVER seen a forum that gets modded so heavily and so often. It's actually pretty sad. It's also extremely counter-productive, as it makes most normal people want to stop visiting, out of fear or annoyance that anything they say may just be modded at will. All that does is bring membership down, people leave, and site owners actually lose out, as this site seems to have quite a bit of advertising floating around on it. When people stop coming, that advertising stops making money.

As a mod (of other sites, not here) I know that rules have to be enforced, and that trolls have to be dealt with, but blindly modding things that are reported without looking for context or a board consensus doesn't work. If one person reports a thread for a personal issue with it, yet 50 people have posted in it and are ok with the subject matter, modding and deleting it does not help anything, it hurts the board in general.

The point of being a moderator is to foster an environment where everyone can feel relatively comfortable, not cater to a minority while alienating the majority. Just because something is reported doesn't automatically mean that action is required.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The point of being a moderator is to foster an environment where everyone can feel relatively comfortable, not cater to a minority while alienating the majority. Just because something is reported doesn't automatically mean that action is required.

^^holler^^
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    A big thank you to all the happy clappers in the U S and A
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'll fail that test. Especially if I've been drinking.

Oh wait, you said a morals test, not a standards test. Carry on!
    [/quote]

I love this. Some of the most moral people I have known have been atheists, on the other hand, some of the most corrupt and disturbing have been highly respected Christians..

Edit: I need to add that I don't believe that Christians are a corrupt and disturbing people, just that what or who someone states they are really means nothing to me.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this heavy moderating rate have something to do with the new mods? Just wondering...

Anyway, Taso will be missed. I wasn't his friend, but I enjoyed his posts.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    i don't understand this... There should be rules which should be followed, and if really anyone violates those, those posts should be modded. Not just anything if someone whines. This is not correct. And it should be modded if anyone brings up any religious stuff. If I have something in my religion, I can't expect everyone to follow it. That's just stupid.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    And it should be modded if anyone brings up any religious stuff. If I have something in my religion, I can't expect everyone to follow it. That's just stupid.

If that's the case, then half of the signatures around here should be modded, with all the religious quotes in them.

Personally I think only blatant trolling or illegal activities should be modded. If you mod things just because of people disagreeing, you pretty much destroy any semblance of discussion or debate.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

I'll fail that test. Especially if I've been drinking.

Oh wait, you said a morals test, not a standards test. Carry on!
    [/quote]

I love this. Some of the most moral people I have known have been atheists, on the other hand, some of the most corrupt and disturbing have been highly respected Christians..

Edit: I need to add that I don't believe that Christians are a corrupt and disturbing people, just that what or who someone states they are really means nothing to me.
    [/quote]

Actually, Christians are morally defunct people, sinners in other words. But they have been saved and redeemed. They still sin but they recognize it when they do, ask for forgiveness and God forgets their sin as far as the east is from the west. They're not perfect and should not be judgmental. Judge not, lest you be judged. But they live to a different standard than the world does and the world does not understand. So they themselves become judged for their standards.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.
    The next morning while they are eating breakfast, The young woman sees her
    neighbor hanging the wash outside.
    "That laundry is not very clean", she said.
    "She doesn't know how to wash correctly.
    Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."

Her husband looked on, but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry, The young woman would
    make the same comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a Nice clean wash on
    the line and said to her husband:

"Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.
    I wonder who taught her this."
    The husband said, "I got up early this morning and Cleaned our windows."

And so it is with life. What we see when watching others Depends on the
    purity of the window through which we look
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Here I was thinking he was on his honeymoon and that's why I hadn't seen a post from him all week. I'm so sad now. Taso42 was one of my first real "internet" friends. I found his conversation intellectual and never judgemental. I connected with him though we came from completely different backgrounds. It really pisses me off that it was mods judgemental deleting that got to him. Everyone can tell from the number of responses here that he was one of the good guys. I'm so glad that I got to share his humor and see the pics from his wedding. If anyone is still corresponding with him, tell him I'm glad he didn't go with the Chucks - he will know what I mean.

PANTS