Taso42

Options

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Anyone know why? Was it the new moderator crap?

Yea. Overzealous, to say the least.

Oops, is that gonna get me banned? Heaven forbid I actually have an opinion that other people don't believe in!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    He was one smart cookie.

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com lives on.

That was Taso making? I love that site!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    :( This is a sad day in MFP history, that's for sure.

And for WHAT?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Taso will be back. Give him time.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    He knows a lot about fitness and nutrition because he chose to educate himself, and patiently explained to people, day after day. He was one of the reasons why this site was great.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Well this is just wonderful. Maybe we should just re-name the site MyFantasyFitnessPal, since people are clearly not interested in actual results, but rather coddling their weaknesses. Sooooo LAME.
  • joejccva71
    Options
    The problem with this site is it's become more like a second Facebook or a social network gathering instead of a site that is geared to nutrition and fitness. If you browse this section of the forums for a day and see some of the posts, you'll see why.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The problem with this site is it's become more like a second Facebook or a social network gathering instead of a site that is geared to nutrition and fitness. If you browse this section of the forums for a day and see some of the posts, you'll see why.

True dat!!!!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    This saddens me too. I always wanted to friend him, but then just never did because he had so many friends already and I didn't really "know him know him" ya know? I did know that he was always fun to read in my friend's update pages or on the forums. Anyone who can bring levity to the forums usually is a-ok in my eyes.

:(
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

This section IS chit-chat, fun, and games

the sole purpose of THIS section is... chit-chat, fun, and games...

or am I in the minority for believing that?!
  • joejccva71
    Options

I didn't know it was "chit-chat, fun, and games". I mistakenly took it for "Dating, Sex, and Flirtation". My bad.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

I didn't know it was "chit-chat, fun, and games". I mistakenly took it for "Dating, Sex, and Flirtation". My bad.

apparently, it's written in a foreign language that none of us has ever seen before, and actually translates into "quiet, boring, and never entertaining"

we should really start putting the word out, and ending all this confusion.

*sigh*
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

you don't like it, don't read it.

sex and flirtation IS fun and games....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Hey! Knock that off, you guys. This is a thread about the lovely and talented taso42. Take your argument outside.
  • joejccva71
    Options

apparently, it's written in a foreign language that none of us has ever seen before, and actually translates into "quiet, boring, and never entertaining"

we should really start putting the word out, and ending all this confusion.

*sigh*

To each his own. I come here to give and learn about nutrition, how to lose weight, gain weight (if thats your thing), and fulfilling fitness goals. *shrug*
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options

I agree with Joe... and here is why...

I LIKE the chitchat fun and games section, when used for CHITCHAT, FUN and GAMES. Its good for users to have a place to meet new MFP friends, discuss topics slightly related to fitness, or maybe not at all, but with fitness-minded people. I know I've asked about running shoes here in the past. NOW.... My problem with it, and this is where I agree with Joe... is that people use this section as a way to shove their religious beliefs down people's throats, etc, etc etc. I came on here earlier and actually walked away from the laptop because I read a post about a woman asking whether or not she should accept an interview. Seriously? Don't you have a husband, a sister, a friend.. ANYONE other than strangers on a fitness site as to what you should do in your personal life??? And I hope you put indecisive on your resume. THAT. That is why I agree.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Why exactly did he quit? I don't get it.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    He knows a lot about fitness and nutrition because he chose to educate himself, and patiently explained to people, day after day. He was one of the reasons why this site was great.

Why would he leave then, if this is who is was, and it's all I saw, but I'm not around the forums much, then he isn't the problem that's being addressed.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    actually, you know what, the problem with this site... is that TOO MANY PEOPLE have completely over looked the fact that everyone is an INDIVIDUAL and should be allowed to be individuals. I mean, come on, people are offended that there is chit-chat, fun, and games taking place in chit-chat, fun, and games... and wanna make smart comments about "this is a fitness site, not a dating site!" dude... if people wanna laugh, flirt, or even pick up a damn date in the chit-chat, fun, and games section... then stfu and let them, does it affect you in any way? not at all! if you don't like that there is anything non-fitness related happening in chit-chat, fun, and games, then head on over to one of the many fitness related topics that ARE provided! and stop complaining about all of us who quite enjoy the chit-chat, fun, and games!

YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE LIFE TOO SERIOUSLY, YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT ALIVE!!!!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Girls girls no need to fight.................theres enough of this awesomely tanned man to go around!!!!!! :bigsmile: