Taso42

Options

Replies

• DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    The problem with this site is it's become more like a second Facebook or a social network gathering instead of a site that is geared to nutrition and fitness. If you browse this section of the forums for a day and see some of the posts, you'll see why.

This section IS chit-chat, fun, and games

the sole purpose of THIS section is... chit-chat, fun, and games...

or am I in the minority for believing that?!

I agree with Joe... and here is why...

I LIKE the chitchat fun and games section, when used for CHITCHAT, FUN and GAMES. Its good for users to have a place to meet new MFP friends, discuss topics slightly related to fitness, or maybe not at all, but with fitness-minded people. I know I've asked about running shoes here in the past. NOW.... My problem with it, and this is where I agree with Joe... is that people use this section as a way to shove their religious beliefs down people's throats, etc, etc etc. I came on here earlier and actually walked away from the laptop because I read a post about a woman asking whether or not she should accept an interview. Seriously? Don't you have a husband, a sister, a friend.. ANYONE other than strangers on a fitness site as to what you should do in your personal life??? And I hope you put indecisive on your resume. THAT. That is why I agree.

she felt like asking, so she did... did it affect you in any way, shape or form? i mean... honestly, did it? the point is, if people wanna discuss any random old thing in this section, then they should be allowed to, this is the part of the site that is meant to have the non-fitness related stuff going on. and this is the part of the site that gets the most complaints because people just can't accept others just doing what they do. thats why Taso left. and it sucks that he left because people just can not leave well enough alone. and that's all i have to say about the matter.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    actually, you know what, the problem with this site... is that TOO MANY PEOPLE have completely over looked the fact that everyone is an INDIVIDUAL and should be allowed to be individuals. I mean, come on, people are offended that there is chit-chat, fun, and games taking place in chit-chat, fun, and games... and wanna make smart comments about "this is a fitness site, not a dating site!" dude... if people wanna laugh, flirt, or even pick up a damn date in the chit-chat, fun, and games section... then stfu and let them, does it affect you in any way? not at all! if you don't like that there is anything non-fitness related happening in chit-chat, fun, and games, then head on over to one of the many fitness related topics that ARE provided! and stop complaining about all of us who quite enjoy the chit-chat, fun, and games!

YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE LIFE TOO SERIOUSLY, YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT ALIVE!!!!!!

Pot...

Kettle...

Black...

;)
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882), Journal

Who is he that shall control me? Why may not I act & speak & write & think with entire freedom? What am I to the Universe, or, the Universe, what is it to me? Who hath forged the chains of Wrong & Right, of Opinion & Custom? And must I wear them? Is Society my anointed King? Or is there any mightier community or any man or more than man, whose slave I am? I am solitary in the vast society of beings; I consort with no species; I indulge no sympathies. I see the world, human, brute & inanimate nature; I am in the midst of them, but not of them; I hear the song of the storm— the Winds & warring Elements sweep by me— but they mix not with my being. I see cities & nations & witness passions— the roar of their laughter— but I partake it not;— the yell of their grief— it touches no chord in me; their fellowships & fashions, lusts & virtues, the words & deeds they call glory & shame— I disclaim them all. I say to the Universe, Mighty one! thou art not my mother; Return to chaos, if thou wilt, I shall still exist. I live. If I owe my being, it is to a destiny greater than thine. Star by Star, world by world, system by system shall be crushed— but I shall live.

^^^THIS.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    Girls girls no need to fight.................theres enough of this awesomely tanned man to go around!!!!!! :bigsmile:

**gets in line and waits patiently** :smooched:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Girls girls no need to fight.................theres enough of this awesomely tanned man to go around!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I knew you needed alittle latino heat.................................lemme see the good babycakes!?!?!?!?! are you a red head?
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

I knew you needed alittle latino heat.................................lemme see the good babycakes!?!?!?!?! are you a red head?

I have been in the past... does that count?
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Oh, were you waiting for the hott girl to pass on him? You can have him... he's not my type ;)
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

Oh, were you waiting for the hott girl to pass on him? You can have him... he's not my type ;)

Babycakes you gotta relax a bit.........and remember.....satisfaction is guaranteed!
    Do you like chorizo??
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

*sigh* k, have a good day! appreciate you stopping by!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

Babycakes you gotta relax a bit.........and remember.....satisfaction is guaranteed!
    Do you like chorizo??

^this
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Darlin! you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fabulous! attractive and a woman who can appreciate the CHorizo! :drinker:
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Lawlz. Beer, I <3 you
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    Darlin! you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fabulous! attractive and a woman who can appreciate the CHorizo! :drinker:

can I keep you? I'll make you a cozy spot in my closet!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    actually, you know what, the problem with this site... is that TOO MANY PEOPLE have completely over looked the fact that everyone is an INDIVIDUAL and should be allowed to be individuals. I mean, come on, people are offended that there is chit-chat, fun, and games taking place in chit-chat, fun, and games... and wanna make smart comments about "this is a fitness site, not a dating site!" dude... if people wanna laugh, flirt, or even pick up a damn date in the chit-chat, fun, and games section... then stfu and let them, does it affect you in any way? not at all! if you don't like that there is anything non-fitness related happening in chit-chat, fun, and games, then head on over to one of the many fitness related topics that ARE provided! and stop complaining about all of us who quite enjoy the chit-chat, fun, and games!

YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE LIFE TOO SERIOUSLY, YOU'LL NEVER GET OUT ALIVE!!!!!!

^^this^^
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Okay. So much for taso...:tongue:
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    Okay. So much for taso...:tongue:

I really do apologize for hijacking the thread with my ranting... i was all up in arms over him leaving and just all the drama... totally let the interwebz get to me today!

in all seriousness, i am super bummed he's gone. =(
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

can I keep you? I'll make you a cozy spot in my closet!

Sure I work well in small places.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Lawlz. Beer, I <3 you

Belle my darling!!!! look at that body........damn!!!!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    k, it's ready. i even got you a mini-fridge!

just... don't mind those chains and hand cuffs :ohwell:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    k, it's ready. i even got you a mini-fridge!

just... don't mind those chains and hand cuffs :ohwell:

HAHAHHAHA OK make sure therese berr in my mini fridge ! :devil: