Addicted to weighing myself...

Anyone else continuously weighing themselves to see if you have made any progress? I try not to, but I can't help it. I weigh twice a day sometimes more. I think it is silly. Please tell me I am not alone?!

Replies

• ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    I'm bad too.... I normally get on the scale almost every time I pass it, sometimes 5 or more times a day. Yesterday I started storing it a drawer and taking it out each morning to weigh myself, then putting it back. It's only the 2nd day, but it's hard to stay off it! We need a support group, haha.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    I got in the habit of doing that a couple of months ago, and became waaay too obsessive.

Now I've managed to get it down to once a week, and to be honest it is sooo much better. I look forward to 'weekly' weigh-ins to check my progress, and I even think it's helped with my weight loss too.
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Guilty!!
  • Me too!! I even had my hubby put them away but after a few days I got them back out... I hate how they control me but I hate not stepping on them too.
  • I think I weigh myself every time I go into the bathroom! I need to hide it somewhere until it is time for a weekly weigh in.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    i used to weigh myself around 20 times a day. it's a really bad thing to get into the habit of doing. Honestly (not trying to sound mean) but you need to try to find something more productive to do. That pattern of obsessive weighing almost lead me down a really bad path. Try to worry about other things :D ! haha but you are not alone.. i'm sure people do it on average twice a day on here (just my guess)
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    I weight myself officially every morning, then check it throughout the day whenever I go into my bathroom haha.

I tried weighing once a week and I did it. Only to find at the end of the week I'd lost NO weight. So it made me really upset, I felt like I'd wasted a week where I could've been watching my weight and doing something about it.
    It doesn't upset me when I see that I've gained 2-3lbs during the day because it's obviously not fat. I guess some people get upset when they see that somedays they weigh a little more than yesterday, so that's why they weigh a lot less than me haha.
  • mom2dani
    mom2dani Posts: 3 Member
    I weigh myself every morning, always have even before I started dieting and exercising. Now it seems to help me keep on track. If I'm up then I know that I need to be really good that day!

9708235.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • katikaboom
    katikaboom Posts: 4 Member
    I'm totally addicted to it. I hate it because it makes me feel like I suck, but still I weight myself obsessively!
  • definitely not alone! i get one morning and night, after i eat anything and after i go to the bathroom. i dont see anything wrong with it, its just reassurance.
  • No . . . you are not alone :(
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    You're not alone! That is why I refused to buy a scale for years...then one day my husband bought one when he came home from deployment....damn him!
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Thank God I am not alone! It seems I just recently started this habit. Weighing once a week would show more progress and like the one person said help in overall weightloss....What shall we do?
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    I got rid of my scale at home and just weigh myself whenever I go into the gym locker room.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    I weigh myself on my parents scales when I visit them once a week, that works for me!
    If I had my own I know I'd obsess over it.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    I do, but its not really for validation of progress, but more curiosity. Like after I work out. Or when I get out of the shower. :)
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    I was addicted too but then my scale broke! So now to weigh myself, I have to use my WiiFit which isn't as convenient so I do it way less (probably 3-4 times a week in the mornings). I think of it as a blessing, and my husband keeps asking why I haven't returned the scale :P

Also, I've learned to NEVER weigh myself at night because I ALWAYS weigh more and it makes me feel disappointed. Just don't do it!!! Only weigh yourself in the morning! It gives you something to look forward to when you get out of bed.
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    It is totally normal to check your progress a crazy amount of times every day.
    The reality is that weight is just going to be one part of your improvement.
    I hope you also notice changes in your figure and how you feel. If that is not improving then something needs to change.

Stick to a balance of exercise and a balanced diet and you will see the results.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    I do this too. I think I need to stop lol but it keeps me going
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    I don't really believe that weighing once a week helps with weightloss. As long as you're motivated it shouldn't matter how often you weigh yourself to lose weight!
    I personally never want to weigh myself once a week again, the time drags and I feel helpless over my weight. It's not harming me that I weigh every day :-)