what is your ideal number of kids?

Options

Replies

• sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have two boys, 18 and 24. The eldest has left home, the youngest is likely to leave for university next March and then I will never want kids again. Two was ideal for our family and I love my boys, but it is rapidly reaching the time for just the two of us.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    None! Just want to spoil my friends kids. Thats good enough for me!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Never had the opportunity to pursue motherhood (and I'm not the kind to do that on my own.) I have two dogs, and figure at this point, the only way I'll have human kids is if I inherit step-kids. Not the way I saw my life going, but there are plans bigger than my own.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Still torn on whether to even have kids. It's either 0 or 2. Not into only childs - no offense.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    0 !!!!

Zero, zip, nada.....

Dogs are cool, though.

lol, love dogs as well. I do think one day I wouldn't mind ONE.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Zero - but I have 1 (and I kind of love her)
  • corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    got 2 and that's good for us, perhaps if we had met and started breading earlier who knows but l'm very content we have a complete family :)
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have furry ones currently ( 2)

I'd love to have twin boy and girl right out the gate and probably be done but I'd be willing to go as high as 3 NO MORE!!!!!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have furry kids and a scaly kid and that is enough for me.

I do have 3 godchildren and I adore them, but also love the fact that I get to send them HOME!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've got the perfect family (for me) a boy of 21 and a girl of 19. When I met my second husband he was quite keen to have more children, but I went and had my tubes tied. Just as well because he died of a horrible disease and I would have been left alone dealing with another child.

My daughter is now away at university and my son is showing signs of spreading his wings, so I'll be on my own pretty soon, just a well I have cats!

GG
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    ONE.

I have three.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    None. I don't like children. I find them bratty, snotty, smelly, noisy, dirty and annoying. I have a nephew, I love him to bits, but I can give him back. I have a weak stomach and vomit if someone else does, heave when emptying the bin, so changing nappies (diapers) and dealing with sick kids would be impossible for me! People say I would feel differently if I had my own, but why risk it? My husband and I love our life the way it is, why change it? We can do what we want, when we want. Our money is our own and we can go away on holiday many times a year, which is our number one thing to do. We have a one bed flat with 20 years left on the mortgage and if plans go right we'll retire when we've paid it off, at around 50 and go and live in Cyprus. If we had kids we would be working our arses off to put them through uni!

Lastly, I wouldn't want kids because I would hate to put them out in the world as it is today. Things are getting harder, kids often see no future for themselves, they are forced to grow up too fast, often regardless of how they are brought up because of outside influences. Why would I want to put someone I love through that? Just my opinion.

I love cats though. I will be a mad old cat lady.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Suzi

love that response, I used to say I stopped when I got one I liked!

GG
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I always wanted 4. I have 2 from my first marriage and 1 with my current husband. I always said if we didn't have another by the time I was 35 then we stop trying. 35 came and 40 started to seem reasonable. 40 came and I thought why not let nature take it's course? If it happens great if not we have one beautiful daughter together. So if I end up pregnant one day we will be thrilled and if I don't we are still blessed.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    I know one cannot choose the genders but we would love to have twins, one of each gender, and a younger boy.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'd like two. One of each, ideally. My family seem to have a great run with getting one girl and one boy first shot, so with a little luck it is genetic.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    When my hubby and I first talked about babies we were going to have 5 or 6, at first I was worried about bringing a child into the world, wars,economy etc but that was just nerves...its a big step. After my first boy was born I was diagnosed as only having one damaged kidney and advised not to have any more babies:cry: What we did though was space them out so my body had time to recover in between and stopped at 3 (as I had sections and babies were prem). My husband would dearly love a girl, but thats never going to happen. He still asks occasionally, but, my body just wouldn't cope with the strain of another pregnancy.
    I am perfectly happy with my three lovely boys now, we have brought them up to the best of our abilities and our eldest (born 9 weeks early and very sick) has just started university to be a dentist, so children do still have opportunities, if they work hard enough for them.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Boys, that is plenty.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have 3 boys 26, 22 & 17. Always wanted a boy first; 2nd one I wasn't worried; but was disdappointed that 3rd was also a boy. They all left home for a while but number 3 is back.....

Sue :smile: x
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    As many as you can afford!