Tuna & Mayo.

Replies

• EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    +1 for light mayo! Just weigh it a few times to make sure you're not putting too much on.

I love light mayo, tuna and diced onion as a sandwich filling!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Lunch today:
    2 slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread (BETTER THAN SANDWICH THINS!) 90 cal
    1/2 pouch of Albacore tuna 40 cal
    1 Tbsp reduced fat olive oil mayo (YUM) 45 cal
    2 red onion rings 5 cal
    4 heart of romaine leaves 5 cal
    1 THICK slice of tomato 5 cal

SO DELICIOUS!!

That does sounds really good. I think I'll be adding those things to my shopping list for next week. :)
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Kraft makes a fat free mayo- it taste like miracle whip. 11 cals per tbsp and .4g fat
  • I've been eating tuna for lunch the last couple of days and I've been using Smart Beat Mayo (found it at Albertsons). 10 cals per tbsp and I honestly can't taste a difference. There's also Dijonnaise, which has only 5 cals per tbsp. Not sure how that would taste with tuna though.

http://www.hellmanns.us/products/dijonnaise_mustard.aspx

http://kimbensen.com/store/grocery-items/smart-beat-mayonnaise
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    I do light mayo plus mustard (or Dijonaise instead of the mustard). It's a good sub! Fat free mayo is pretty gross though, and full of crud.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    I hate the ingredients in store bought mayo, they all use soybean oil or some other bad vegetable oil, so I make mine from scratch using avocado oil.
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    kraft fat free mayo! delicious, fat free and only 10 calories per tablespoon:)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    i use a little bit of balsamic vinegar with my tuna
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    i tried the tuna with a little hummus mixed in and some hot sauce. YUMMY! didn't even need any crackers or bread or anything just ate it out of the bowl!
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    I use whipped salad dressing, tastes the same to me. Just 15 calories in a tbsp. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    I use homemade mayo. Good nutrition from eggs and good fats. Totally worth the calories.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    I've been eating tuna for lunch the last couple of days and I've been using Smart Beat Mayo (found it at Albertsons). 10 cals per tbsp and I honestly can't taste a difference. There's also Dijonnaise, which has only 5 cals per tbsp. Not sure how that would taste with tuna though.

http://www.hellmanns.us/products/dijonnaise_mustard.aspx

http://kimbensen.com/store/grocery-items/smart-beat-mayonnaise

Same here, Smart Beat Mayo. But I think I'm going to try the brown mustard setup mentioned above. In either case, don't bail on Tuna. It's a great source of protein with low calories! My cats even love it. (*ba-dum-dup*)

--PixarDad
  • eh613c
    eh613c Posts: 14 Member
    i cut out mayo completely and I use Brown mustard, sweet relish and a little hot sauce on my tuna and I could eat it ALLLLL day! I dont obviously but its dang good. On occassion I'll just put hot sauce only and eat it right out of the little pouch.

This is similar to how I eat my tuna too. I use Grey Poupon, salt and pepper and that's it.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    I use 1-2 tablespoons of light mayo, spicy brown mustard and dill relish. Love it.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Now I am hungry for some tuna! I guess it's a trip to the store tomorrow
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Miraclewhip light mayo is only 20 calories for 2tsp. I hate mayo, but my girl loves it, and 20 calories is nothing
  • Crystal817
    Miraclewhip light mayo is only 20 calories for 2tsp. I hate mayo, but my girl loves it, and 20 calories is nothing

Reminds me of those miracle whip commercials... "I wouldn't want my children to grow up in a world where Miracle Whip is the condiment of choice".

:laugh:
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    i cut out mayo completely and I use Brown mustard, sweet relish and a little hot sauce on my tuna and I could eat it ALLLLL day! I dont obviously but its dang good. On occassion I'll just put hot sauce only and eat it right out of the little pouch.

This is similar to how I eat my tuna too. I use Grey Poupon, salt and pepper and that's it.

YUMM-diddle-umpscious!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    greek yogurt! When its plain it tastes like mayo or sour cream (as someone stated earlier) plus I add some SIRACHA! The yogurt and siracha mixture reminds me of spicy mayo that they use on sushi and it tastes SOOO good. I usually have a tuna sandwich with siracha, yogurt, and sliced cucumber.

mmm now I want that! lol
  • Crystal817
    greek yogurt! When its plain it tastes like mayo or sour cream (as someone stated earlier) plus I add some SIRACHA! The yogurt and siracha mixture reminds me of spicy mayo that they use on sushi and it tastes SOOO good. I usually have a tuna sandwich with siracha, yogurt, and sliced cucumber.

mmm now I want that! lol
    I'm going to try this!