10kgs challenge in 3 months till summer - who's with me?!?!?

Options
13»

Replies

• shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    1200 is way too low for me with the amount of working out I've been doing, especially not eating exercise calories back! Oh my, I would faint and die on that diet! :P I've set mine to 1400 calories to lose 1.1 lbs a week which I think is a realistic way for me to achieve my goal and be able to sustain it when I get there! I currently eat most if not all of my exercise calories back as I don't want to put myself in too much of a deficit and I want to continue toning my body and I don't want to be hungry all the time! I'm considering lowering to 1200 while eating my exercise calories back.

I'm also considering changing my calorie intake daily to see if I can increase my weight loss results. I would follow a schedule like the one below and not eat my exercise calories.

Thursday 1515
    Friday 1392
    Saturday 1818
    Sunday 1515
    Monday 1392
    Tuesday 1667
    Wednesday 1515

I'm currently doing 30Day Shred, so I would continue doing that every day and on lower calorie days have that be it (Friday and Monday). On higher calories days I would include some more intense cardio including Body PUMP and/or running or hiking or something!

What does everyone think about this method? I found those calorie suggestions on this website: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm for extreme fat loss and I changed the days so I would have my higher days on the weekend.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    It set my calories that I should be eating as 1800 odd. Is this not appropriate for weight loss? I see you're all eating only 1200, and I really need to lose this weight by xmas.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    It set my calories that I should be eating as 1800 odd. Is this not appropriate for weight loss? I see you're all eating only 1200, and I really need to lose this weight by xmas.

No matter what you do you aren't going to lose 33KG in 3 months so just be realistic with your goals. Everyone is different, but MFP should calculate your calorie goal if you put in your statistics. 1200 calories is not enough for me to get through the day...
  • Lauramendez05
    Options
    Hi everybody! Greetings from Argentina! I'm definitely IN! I want to be 10kg lighter for Xmas and use a gorgeous dress! I also want to use a bikini with dignity! hahaha I think this group will be a great support to me! (Sorry for my English, I speak Spanish) Thanksss and congrats for this idea!
  • chocoholicandbaby
    Options
    Hey!

I just saw this thread and I might be a bit late for the challenge, but I'm a fellow Aussie so thought I'd still jump in! I have about 30kgs to lose, so losing 10kg by xmas is still achievable!!

Will also be good to have some fellow Aussie friends on here!
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm also a bit late but would love to join this! From Melbourne, Aus - currently 66kg and want to get to a goal of 53kg ish. 10 down by Xmas would be AMAZING.
  • gem975
    Options
    ohh me! me!
  • Gillby
    Gillby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nearly time for our first weigh in. Unless something huge changes overnight I'm not going to see a huge change on the scales.
    I'm slowly accepting that as a reformed couch potato, any amount of exercise and healthy eating is repairing the damage to my inside which is far more important than what I see in my mirror everyday.
  • holyguacamole
    holyguacamole Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @ dondelahaye: Thats the exact same as me- on a 1200 cal diet, weigh 65kg and want to get down to 55 :)
  • DreamGirl8926
    Options
    Count Me In!! That's my entire weight loss goal! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!