Twilight - Breaking Dawn

Options
KBrenOH
KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
So I searched back about 4 pages to see if anyone else had posted about it, but didn't see anything.

So for those of you out there that love this series (books, movies or both) what did you think of the new breaking dawn trailer released yesterday by Summit in honor of Bella's birthday?
I'm over the moon about it as it finally looks like they stuck close to the book and it looks fantastic!

Replies

• rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I sooooo can't wait for this movie!! I'm just dreading to see where they cut the book to make part 1 and part 2! lol!!!

Bella's dress is beautiful!! Did I mention I can't wait for the movie release??
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    we have a challenge running up to when the movie comes out - feel free to join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/290652-twilight-fanatics-challenge-get-your-vamp-on-by-november-1?page=12#posts-4612769

early ticket sales start on october 1, and i am *so* going to the midnight showing. i hope they have a twilight marathon leading up to it! can't wait!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i cannot wait for it to come out...so excited :D
  • Lobizzle
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOH I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!! I think the movies have been getting better and better!!!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Breaking Dawn (for the second time) last night. I'll have to check out the new trailer. So looking forward to the movie. Edward...oh, Edward.... :blushing: Don't tell my husband!
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    I didn't see Bella's full dress anywhere; have you? She looks gorgeous and omg I love 'Edward's sexy lil smirk when she recites "for as long as we both shall live" ~ reminds me of the one he had as he walked across the parking lot in New Moon.

I'm betting they will end the first movie with Bella waking up a vampire. You might see a flash of red eyes and then they'll roll credits.

I can't wait for this movie's release either lol -- plans have been in the works for months about a bunch of girls I know from all over my state getting together in one location to see it; should be a ton of fun!
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOH I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!! I think the movies have been getting better and better!!!

I agree. With Twilight -- I had just finished the book, and then threw the movie in. I was beyond pissed LOL; they'd left out SO much of the book from that movie. New Moon was better, Eclipse was better (but the wigs were horrible) but I definitely think just from seeing the trailer that Bill Condon stayed extremely true to the book (as much as possible).
    Bunch of us girls are getting Team Bill shirts in his honor hehe.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have read all of the booksso many times, I don even remember the count. At one time I was obsessed with it, glad iI broke through. But ya, I still love the series. Ya the movies are getting better and I so wanna watch this one...
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I am also dying to see where they break the movie in half.... what do you guys think? Right after Reneesme is born maybe? So that part one is human Bella and part 2 is vampire family?
  • rebecky27
    Options
    It's been a while since I read the book....but just remembering....wasn't the book broken into two halves? One told from Jacob's point of view?

Wonder if that's where they break it off? Or am I remembering something totally wrong? Hmm....guess it's time to revisit the book! :tongue:
  • rebecky27
    Options
    we have a challenge running up to when the movie comes out - feel free to join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/290652-twilight-fanatics-challenge-get-your-vamp-on-by-november-1?page=12#posts-4612769

early ticket sales start on october 1, and i am *so* going to the midnight showing. i hope they have a twilight marathon leading up to it! can't wait!
    This looks fun! It's not too late to jump on in? There's a ton of posts to go through tho - can you give a synapsis here and tell us what we have to do to get on board? Looks like it caters to team Edward tho....I share the same last name as Jacob, so I've always been a bit partial to the wolf pack!! LOL!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options

This looks fun! It's not too late to jump on in? There's a ton of posts to go through tho - can you give a synapsis here and tell us what we have to do to get on board? Looks like it caters to team Edward tho....I share the same last name as Jacob, so I've always been a bit partial to the wolf pack!! LOL!

yes, our challenge is open to all! we have about 9 more weeks left, so if you want to join, private message me your current weight and goal weight for the challenge. the chart and new challenges go up each sunday, so if you weed through for sunday posts you can get an idea of what they are about. they will have a quote from the book and a picture of a character at the top, so that should help you find them. hope to see some of you on our boards!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Can't wait!!!!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I can't wait but am always weary of books that arte turned into movies. That being said I have high hopes for Breaking Dawn. I think they'll have to stick pretty close to the book or the last movie wouldn't make sense. I'm excited!
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Very excited about the movie. The trailer was way too short, agh!
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i'm excited! Need to see the trailer.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    <3 Team Jacob!!! <3

I don't know....I liked the books and the movies, especially the middle 2. I was WAY disappointed in the 4th book. I thought the Volturi part of that book was just awful (sorry!) and I was really hoping that the script writers would fix some of the parts of the story that I thought were just BAD (and I love Meyers' writing, I think she's incredibly talented, I love the dynamics of the Jacob/Bella/Edward story...) But instead they are making this into 2 movies???? I'm a fan. LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE Jacob, but really? Not pleased. Sorry!!!
  • Hildabean
    Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cannot wait!!!
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    I am also dying to see where they break the movie in half.... what do you guys think? Right after Reneesme is born maybe? So that part one is human Bella and part 2 is vampire family?

Yep, that's exactly where I think they're going to break the movies up at.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Team Edward here...in case you couldn't tell by my ticker. lol Thanks so much for the heads up...I just jetted over to Yahoo to see the trailer and all I can say is Angry Edward makes me seriously hot and bothered! Shhhhh...don't tell hubby. Oh wait, he already knows!:laugh:

Come join our Twilight Fanatics Challenge!! We have a great bunch of folks and we are PRO WOLF PACK & PRO CULLENS!! I like Jacob, I just love Edward. Please don't hate me just because my dream man doesn't have a pulse! :tongue:

TEAM TWILIGHT ROCKS!!

Disclaimer: YES, I am a 40 year old woman who adores a 17 year old vampire. My sanity has been questioned and seems to be intact on all levels except Twilight. :blushing: