5'3" What is your goal weight?

Options
Hello all! :flowerforyou:

I think these threads have run before but was wondering what goal weights fellow 5'3'ers have out there? I'm currently 115lb and happy with my shape and mainly now on maintenance cals. I'm happy to go down to 112 (8 stone) as this was a weight I've been before a few years back and I know it doesn't look too skinny.

Also did you change your goal weight if you reached it already? I know a lot of people seem to do this.

xx

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    5'4 - 120. I reached my goal and am maintaining. I go up and down a lb or two but for the most part it is working for me.
    Been here for over a year. 7-8 months maintaining. I will always log.
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    hey im 5'3...my goal weight is 126 and then im goin to take it from there. I'm 140 the now
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is 125.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    135. We were discussing this on another post. Anything lower than that for me and I start to look like a muppet. Big giant head - little body.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    5'4 - 120. I reached my goal and am maintaining. I go up and down a lb or two but for the most part it is working for me.
    Been here for over a year. 7-8 months maintaining. I will always log.

Congrats!!! That's a great accomplishment. Can't wait to be there!
  • mdperry
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is 125. I'm going to see how I feel as I lose and if I think that is attainable for my body type.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    5 ft 3 and goal is 115 :]

I worry more about body composition tho, I want to be down to athlete body fat% and have some sexy muscle!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I already surpassed my GW of 56.7 kg (125) & just working on maintaining my current weight & body size. I'm medium frame, muscular, body is more pear shaped (although I have a hourglassy vital stats but I'm really a pear) so anything below my current weight, I will look sick & haggard.
  • SammiFrancs
    SammiFrancs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My skinny goal would be 120. But once I get to 125, my plan is to really focus on core and strength training so while I wills till burning fat, I'm expectin muscle to replace that which will weigh more. So I'm thinking 125 is where I will end up staying, and I'm happy about that. Plus, I'm more of a pear shape, so I tend to be "thicker" in the butt and thigh area- I don't think I will be lower than 120 ;op
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3"....my goal weight is 133...but thinking of lowering it to 130 lbs
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    hey im 5'3...my goal weight is 126 and then im goin to take it from there. I'm 140 the now

im very broad so think anything lower than this i will start to look strange!
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the individual. I am 5ft 3 1/2 and currently at 123-6 which is the heaviest I've ever been (hence being here) and I know it makes me look a bit rotund (plus can't get into any of my work trousers). When I was 18 I was 105 and had been for a while and looked and felt healthy... until I discovered beer, then I put some on during uni and evened out at 115 three years later. Then at the age of 25 when I got married i went back down to 105 (stress, they tell me) and in some of the photos I just looked gaunt and ill! So I don't think I'd ever want to go below 110 again, but I'd like to get below 120 if I can.

I have a small frame so any extra pounds really show, but at the same time I'm finding it hard to lose as there really isn't that much to lose. I don't think there's a 'magic' number, but however you feel the most healthy and self-confident is the best place to stop x
  • liveletl0ve
    Options
    I'm 4'11, short i know, but i rly dont know what my goal SHOULD be. right now im 105 but TRUST me still hav a gut and big thighs, any suggestions?
  • huihli
    huihli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    102 lbs...
    I checked megan fox's BMI.
    for us 5'3", we must be ~ 103 to have similar body shape as her
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    5'3 and my current goal is 140. I may change that to 130 depending on how I feel once I meet that goal. I am not a small frame so even with the MFP numbers, I would still be a healthy weight at 140. I am top heavy and thick legs so I just have to work on that little waist...well, I need to find it really! :happy:
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 and my goal is between 135-140. I've been as low as 118 as an adult, but it didn't look healthy on me. I have a large frame and tend to carry a lot of muscle, so I have starve myself and not exercise to get below about 135.
  • ckspores
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal weight will be somewhere between 135-140. I was about 120 in high school and that was too thin for my frame.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I initially had my goal weight as 125-128 but I'm thinking of just trying for 133-135. I don't know, we'll see how I feel once I get to the low 130's.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Currently my goal is 142 which is still probably high for my height BUT I started this whole weight loss thing at 230 lbs 2+ years ago. It's been slow. I currently weigh 165 and for whatever reason my body can't seem to get past 163-165 for very long. Heck, right now I would be happy to reach 150. If I do and then ever get to 142 I will re-evaluate things and see what i can accomplish then.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I think it depends on the individual. I am 5ft 3 1/2 and currently at 123-6 which is the heaviest I've ever been (hence being here) and I know it makes me look a bit rotund (plus can't get into any of my work trousers). When I was 18 I was 105 and had been for a while and looked and felt healthy... until I discovered beer, then I put some on during uni and evened out at 115 three years later. Then at the age of 25 when I got married i went back down to 105 (stress, they tell me) and in some of the photos I just looked gaunt and ill! So I don't think I'd ever want to go below 110 again, but I'd like to get below 120 if I can.

I have a small frame so any extra pounds really show, but at the same time I'm finding it hard to lose as there really isn't that much to lose. I don't think there's a 'magic' number, but however you feel the most healthy and self-confident is the best place to stop x

I agree & its why determining only one ideal weight is unreliable because it doesn't apply to everyone especially the muscular or those with small or large frames. Its why BMI identified a weight range that are considered ideal. Ideal weight is not about height, its about your body frame. However just because your BMI is 24 doesn't automatically follow that you're not overweight. If you're small or medium frame & has a BMI of 24.9 which is the highest normal, generally it shows that you're already overweight & carry a lot of fat unless you're gaining muscles.