Am I the only one that can't stand Jillian Michaels?

Options
13»

Replies

• dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I'm not a fan either. I have many other videos that I look forward to doing.

For those that can't stand her - but do her videos anyway "because it's a good workout" ??? Jillian Michaels did not INVENT "the good workout" - there are plenty of other instructors out there who do a good job - they just don't have the PR background that Ms Michaels has.

LOL! I am one that said that - but I do the workout cause I got the DVD of 30DS for 3 dollars...I couldn't pass it up!! :laugh:
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I hate that guy
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I hate that guy
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    For those that can't stand her - but do her videos anyway "because it's a good workout" ??? Jillian Michaels did not INVENT "the good workout" - there are plenty of other instructors out there who do a good job...

I totally agree with this. First of all, I always thought "The Biggest Loser" is cruel, and have a hard time feeling that anyone associated with that show is serious about helping people lose weight; they are just interested in making television.

Jillian is really obnoxious, and doesn't seem to be smart enough to grasp how that turns people off. For me, the ultimate Jillian situation was when NBC thought she had the charm to carry her own show last summer. One episode she was invited to a Native American reservation by a woman who is one of the tribal leaders, who wanted to lose weight herself and find a way to inspire her community to also be healthier. Jillian had a problem with fry bread (and with good reason; it's not terribly healthy). So, did she talk to the show's nutritionist to make it healthy? No. Did she hold a serious of classes where she discussed good nutrition and tried to convince people to find healthier alternatives? No. Instead, she went to a big cultural celebration, took this food that many in the community consider to be a big part of their cultural identity, and THREW IT IN THE TRASH! And then spent the next week or so that she was on the reservation complaining that nobody wanted to hear what she had to say. Well, you just pissed on their culture, Jillian. Not a great way to convince people that you have their best interests at heart!
  • darrell62
    darrell62 Posts: 40
    Options
    Jillian is hot...
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Jillian is hot...

To each his own, I guess, but I don't see it. I really don't think she's that attractive on her own merits, and I think there are lot of fitness instructors out there who are much hotter.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    She gets on my nerves, but her workouts are good. Jillian's not as bad as the chick from the butt bible workout videos though. That chick is BAD.