This is so unfair!

Options
124»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to eat 1200 calories? That is a really low amount and is going to be hard to stick to long term.

Check your activity settings (are you really sedentary, would lightly active or active be a better fit for you?)
    Change your weight loss goal to 1 pound a week.
    And eat your exercise calories!

This will give you more cals to eat and you will continue to lose weight.
    Easy!!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My girl is at 1290 calories, and she struggles with that a lot. Besides the obvious like vegetables and fruit, as well as more exercise, you may want to make sure you are picking the lower calorie options. For example, maybe use light as opposed to regular. Diet as opposed to regular, fatfree when possible. An easy example is if you like sanwichs, try eating unwhichs, where you use lettuce as opposed to bread, saves about 110 calories right there (almost 10% of your diet),
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your diary, looks liek you are doing a good job!
  • tatertotconey
    Options
    if you excise more they will give you more.. they did that to me...
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay around the 1200 mark. My aim is between 1200 and 1600 calories a day (MFP gives me 1600 cals to lose 1lb a week 1200 for 2lb a week) but I've found I can eat a ton of food for around 1200 calories if I'm careful. Chicken, fish, eggs, potato (I refuse to give them up!), veggies all make regular appearances in my meals. I very rarely eat ready meals, I've found they don't fill me and I can make a much bigger and tastier meal for the same calories. And less sodium.

Exercise and eat your exercise calories back. Avoid drinking your calories, stick to water. Allow yourself the occasional treat if you can do it without bingeing. I don't do low fat or diet foods. If I have cheese it's full fat, same with milk and soda. I don't like the low fat and diet ones, they don't taste the same and I'd rather use the extra calories for the proper ones. That's just personal choice though.