C25K Beginners Running Group – Week 1 (Closed)

Options

Replies

• AngelOiCu812
    AngelOiCu812 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sweet share with us and thanks for getting that APP it will be usefull ........:)
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hoping to do my run tomorrow morning. Although my legs kind of hurt already, hopefully I'll be ok and as happy as I was after my last run.

This is my 2nd day in a row, I probably should've rested a day. Have a good run tomorrow and let us know how you did.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Bring it girl ,add me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I m here for the long run ,I hope..?................. this is my first time running ever and Im 45 and loving it !
    I did my run walk tonight and felt exilarated !!!!!!!!!!!! lovin life.....

Angel, that's awesome, YaaY.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) Accomplished: W1D2 (is this thing over yet??)

b) It was soooo tough...I think I pushed myself too hard. You see, my hubby decided to do it with me and he runs with ease, so I had to prove to him that I could keep up. I managed to keep up and after the run, he told me that he was impressed♥ I plan to spend the rest of my evening soaking in epsom salt!!

c) My goal for the next run is to do it again outside. I used the podcast that Dave recommended, and actually enjoyed the music.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    End of the day progress report 9/15/11 (I will post every evening):

e0gwg2.png
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hello dear future runners. My name is Yasmin. 35 year old mom with four children ages 11 to 4. I never run in my life but dreams to be a runner one day. This is going to be make it or break it for me but most definately make it as I'm not willing to give up.
    Wednesday - 9/14/11
    a. Accomplished: W1D1
    b. The jogging: wasn't fun and my butt hurt like hot peppers.
    9/15:
    a. Accomplished:W1D2
    b. The run was much better than last nights. May be the new shoesZ
    c. Goal: increase the speed to 4mph.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    A. Accomplished W1D2
    B. The run was difficult, I was tired and my knees hurt! I kept wanting to give up and take a break but I pushed through it and completed it all - no breaks.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    9/15:
    a. Accomplished:W1D2
    b. The run was much better than last nights. May be the new shoesZ
    c. Goal: increase the speed to 4mph.

Yaay, Yasmin!! Glad that you got through it. I thought about increasing my speed little by little, but right now, I'm just trying to accomplish the walk/run. It's great that you've got proper shoes!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    A. Accomplished W1D2
    B. The run was difficult, I was tired and my knees hurt! I kept wanting to give up and take a break but I pushed through it and completed it all - no breaks.

Yaay Bryonie!! I thought about stopping too, but something inside of me helped me get through it. It seems like the first few runs are harder than the last few. My favorite it the last run!!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I suspect most everyone is already familiar with these links, but just in case..

This is an iPhone/iPod app for C25K. It provides audible clues when you need to transition from walking to running (and you can play your own music at the same time). Certainly not required, but easier than focusing on a watch.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/c25k-couch-to-5k/id301233668?mt=8

This is a guy who made his own podcasts with audible clues for walking/running. Free, but you have to listen to his music selection.
    http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm

Instructions on how to make your own C25K podcasts.
    http://diy-c25k-mp3s.com/diy-c25k-mp3s/make-your-own-mp3s/

Here's a bunch of info on shin splints. Here's hoping we won't need any of it.
    http://www.active.com/running/Articles/Shin-Splints-101--Treatment-and-Prevention-Tips.htm

hey that is the same app I have,
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    So I wanted to run tonight but I have been told to rest my shins and do a bit of low impact, so I did an half an hour on my rebounder. I am looking forward to running Saturday evening! I will take it slow, maybe this time without my dog dragging me down the street.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So I wanted to run tonight but I have been told to rest my shins and do a bit of low impact, so I did an half an hour on my rebounder. I am looking forward to running Saturday evening! I will take it slow, maybe this time without my dog dragging me down the street.

Hang in there and get some rest! Good luck on Saturday.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    a. W1D3 - Done (Friday)
    b. Felt pretty good. 3.5mph walking, 4.6mph jogging. Indoors on treadmill.
    c. Goal of 4.6mph for running portion all of next week.

A little discomfort in my left knee (not too surprising). Definitely feel that taking a day off between runs has helped me out this time around. Going to focus on rest and good eating until next run on Monday (or Tuesday if I go hiking on Sunday).

Have a great weekend everyone! Keep up the great work!
  • CoCoMa
    Options

Hang in there and get some rest! Good luck on Saturday.

I had to ice my shins for a bit last night, and they feel pretty good. I may get out and see if I can hang. Have a good run on Saturday!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a. W1D3 - Done (Friday)
    b. Felt pretty good. 3.5mph walking, 4.6mph jogging. Indoors on treadmill.
    c. Goal of 4.6mph for running portion all of next week.

A little discomfort in my left knee (not too surprising). Definitely feel that taking a day off between runs has helped me out this time around. Going to focus on rest and good eating until next run on Monday (or Tuesday if I go hiking on Sunday).

Have a great weekend everyone! Keep up the great work!

Yaay Dave, you have completed your first week!! I'm excited to get mine done, but I know if I worry about it too much, I'll start making excuses to get out of it. I look forward to seeing you reach your goal next week!!
  • TeeTooFatt
    Options
    A. W1D1 complete finally after putting it off due to my legs killing me from strength training workout on wed..
    B. Wasn't bad wish I woulda done it sooner.. finished it and now walking! Started out walking @ 3.5 mph and running 8mph, had to slow it down to 7.5 towards the end :(
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A. W1D1 complete finally after putting it off due to my legs killing me from strength training workout on wed..
    B. Wasn't bad wish I woulda done it sooner.. finished it and now walking! Started out walking @ 3.5 mph and running 8mph, had to slow it down to 7.5 towards the end :(

Great job! 7.5 is awesome! No need for the sad face
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Great job! 7.5 is awesome! No need for the sad face

Ditto. Great job!
  • CoCoMa
    Options

Awesome run!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    End of the day progress report 9/16/11 (I will post every evening):

35nc8rk.png