Homemade Sweet Potato Fries

Options
Does anyone have a good (pretty easy) recipe for sweet potato fries?

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bjhadden
    Options
    Just slice the 1 potato then add 1 table spoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of rosemary then bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes each side. Delish!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I just put honey and garlic salt on mine but a little trick I learned when making your own baked sweet or regular potato fries, cut them the way you want them soak them in water for a couple minutes and then dry them out really well with paper towels (really get the water out) they will be crispier on the outside when you bake them. Yummy
  • kalholmes
    kalholmes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have purchased the Ore-Ida sweet potatoe fries in the freezer section and bake them in the oven. Half way through cooking time, I mix some brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over them. They are really good!!:happy:
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe but I love them... will come back to find the recipe
    Thanks for asking:wink:
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this, I love sweet potato fries!
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you emmydoodles for the tip! I love making them and while they're still tasty, they never come out crisp.:flowerforyou:
  • M1ssBehave
    M1ssBehave Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I slice them, put them in a gallon size ziplock with a little olive oil, and soul food seasoning (it's like cajun seasoning, but with out the spice) shake well, drop onto a foil covered pan and stick them in the toaster oven on toast 435 degrees for 25 min
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Heat oven to 375, spray baking sheet(s) with pam
    Remove the skin from the potatoes, and cut them into 1/2 inch "fries",
    toss with a few tablespoons of canola oil and a big pinch of kosher salt.
    Spread in a single layer on baking sheet, and bake for 40-45 min, turning each one over about half way thru.
    Some will be crunchy, some will be a little soft.....
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Indian Spiced Sweet Potato Fries

3 large sweet potatoes
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    3/4 tsp Garam Masala
    3/4 tsp cumin
    3/4 tsp coriander
    3/4 tsp curry powder
    1/2 tsp turmeric
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Put chopped potatoes in large bowl, drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle in spices, tossing well to coat. Put on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake about 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes.
    SO GOOD!
  • emmele
    Options
    YUM-BUMP!

Thanks for the tip about soaking them in water - mine are good but NEVER crispy! Lots of yummy variations too!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Use a Mandolin! Sweet potatoes are really hard to get crispy unless you better them (and that's CERTAINLY not MFP style :wink: ) but if you get them thin then they can almost like chips (the American not UK version of chips) and I think they're pretty delish with olive oil and sea salt and pepper
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    All sound delicious!
  • Autumn15
    Options
    Yummy! And I love the tip about how to make them crispy I have got to try that. Thanks!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    You shouls always soak your potatoes in watr before cooking them, It brings out the starch !
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I just put honey and garlic salt on mine but a little trick I learned when making your own baked sweet or regular potato fries, cut them the way you want them soak them in water for a couple minutes and then dry them out really well with paper towels (really get the water out) they will be crispier on the outside when you bake them. Yummy

I do the same, but I add a teaspoon of salt or sugar to the water. It helps draw out even more water, resulting in crispier fries. Leave em to soak for as long as you can (I do mine up the night before and drain them first and let them dry out while I'm prepping everything else. In the oven and you're done :)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Sooo trying some of these tonight.
  • clipsychic
    Options
    Bump
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yum!