eHarmony had made things worse!

Options
1235»

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    HATE HATE HATE online dating sites- All those men want is to hook up for anonymous sex. ICK!
    IF you want to meet nice, eligible men, take an automotive class - nowdays LOTS of guys take cooking classes. Wine tasting; church socials. And here's one u might not have thought of (kind of sneaky if you don't have kids) kids sports activities - single guys coach kids - I know one who does - they coach soccer, kids baseball & football. You'll find them at the practice field, usually their games are on Saturday afternoon (so dads won't miss the games on tv sunday)
    also check out the dog park

that's a little judgemental...men are on there for the same reasons we are...sure there's dirty pervs, but there's dirty pervs everywhere. Not once did I go out with a guy because he was pimping himself out on POF...and I dated a few off there. And I found the love of my life on there. He was there because he was a single father of a 5 year old, and no one to babysit. Plus he worked his *kitten* off every day, so he didn't have a social life. I'm sorry but you seriously offended me with this ignorant statement.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    HATE HATE HATE online dating sites- All those men want is to hook up for anonymous sex. ICK!

I have to disagree with this as well. The way I look at it is...if I'M a decent, normal, regular person looking for a stable long term relationship, why would there not be decent, normal, regular men looking for a stable long term relationship? The way we lead our lives today often makes it hard to meet others regardless of gender. Surely not only women feel that way.
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    IF you want to meet nice, eligible men, take an automotive class - nowdays LOTS of guys take cooking classes. Wine tasting; church socials. And here's one u might not have thought of (kind of sneaky if you don't have kids) kids sports activities - single guys coach kids - I know one who does - they coach soccer, kids baseball & football. You'll find them at the practice field, usually their games are on Saturday afternoon (so dads won't miss the games on tv sunday)
    also check out the dog park

That's not true. Although I haven't met the "right one". I have met some respectable guys on there. And it's also goes for women. There are some women just looking to hook up for sex. So that's is kinda bias. And I would like to know how two people can have anonymous sex?? Did you mean the word discreet?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I tried the online dating through some of the more popular sites. When I did meet up with two guys on two dates, they were basically after a booty call. It really turned me off of the whole thing. I ended up looking at MySpace and doing a search for people in my own area and age group. I read through some profiles and messaged some guys that seemed nice. I met my husband that way!

Shannon

^^^This is EXACTLY what I did. I searched MySpace like you did, and found my significant other this way. We've been a happy couple for three years.

We just got married three months ago... I look forward to three years with him!:-D

Shannon
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I have to disagree with this as well. The way I look at it is...if I'M a decent, normal, regular person looking for a stable long term relationship, why would there not be decent, normal, regular men looking for a stable long term relationship? The way we lead our lives today often makes it hard to meet others regardless of gender. Surely not only women feel that way.

I agree with you that if I'm a normal, decent, stable person there should be men on the dating sites like that as well......but I'll be damned if I could find just one!!!
  • greenmisty
    Options
    I tried them all, lavalife, eharmony, plenty of fish. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I met my current bf on POF. I definitely had to go on some really bad dates, but it was worth it to find him. It just take a bit of perseverance. He had just as much trouble meeting people as I did. And he's amazing. So there are good guys on those sites. And the attractive thing is important, but you have to give them a chance. Sometimes they aren't the most photogenic but if you're willing to meet them, they may be more attractive in person. And their personality may make them more attractive too. If there's something about his profile that you like, maybe give him a chance in person. Can't hurt.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I tried them all, lavalife, eharmony, plenty of fish. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I met my current bf on POF. I definitely had to go on some really bad dates, but it was worth it to find him. It just take a bit of perseverance. He had just as much trouble meeting people as I did. And he's amazing. So there are good guys on those sites. And the attractive thing is important, but you have to give them a chance. Sometimes they aren't the most photogenic but if you're willing to meet them, they may be more attractive in person. And their personality may make them more attractive too. If there's something about his profile that you like, maybe give him a chance in person. Can't hurt.

Oh, I have given a lot of guys chances because I liked their profiles, but men quickly dismiss you if you are overweight, Bbw, whatever you want to call it. I can't tell you how many times on eharmony, etc, I would get into great conversations with men, we would be clicking and as soon as they saw my pictures, suddenly they would be not interested, taking a "break" from dating, etc. Or suddenly on the date things weren't as connected as before (not at all because of personality connection).
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    Apparently my excessive video game reference and love of cheese products does not lead to matching with attractive men!

oh my goodness, you are hilarious!!! I'd date ya!!! LOL I wish you luck in your hunt. I'm a single mom to three kids and dating has been stalled for quite some time due to those little buggers and an excessive amount of weight did not help the situation much either. I'm going to continue reading everyone's comments and suggestions and see what I can take away. :)
  • voltigeur
    Options
    When I was single the best thing I ever did was check out Toast Masters. THis is a group of people learnign about public speaking. The particular chapter was tied to a singles group. The women were attractive, smart and fun to hang out with. I met my current G/F right about the same time I started with this group but had that not happened there were several ladies that were very intersting.

As a guy I hate the online dating scene. Would rather be out doing the things I like to do and meet real people.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have given a lot of guys chances because I liked their profiles, but men quickly dismiss you if you are overweight, Bbw, whatever you want to call it. I can't tell you how many times on eharmony, etc, I would get into great conversations with men, we would be clicking and as soon as they saw my pictures, suddenly they would be not interested, taking a "break" from dating, etc. Or suddenly on the date things weren't as connected as before (not at all because of personality connection).

Guilty! :)

There is no doubt that physical attraction is a big deal, especially for guys. When I was doing the online dating thing, I would only select the check boxes for "slim", "fit", and "athletic". I'm sure there are guys out there who don't care about looks, or who are attracted to overweight women, but they are probably a minority.

Which is why we are here. :)