What do you do with your "fat clothes"

Options
Once you've lost some weight & don't fit into some of your clothes anymore, what do you do with them?

Replies

• Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    goodwill.

Or try a battered women's shelter
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Some people offer them to MFP friends. Personally, I make use of them by altering them and making them brand new!
  • uchaniece
    Options
    salvation army, purple heart, if u want some money for them, maybe have a garage sale, or donate to a local church, etc.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Once you've lost some weight & don't fit into some of your clothes anymore, what do you do with them?

Donate.
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have 2 friends that are my size...so I gave them to those people. I have already given away 1 entire wardrobe of clothes and will be equally excited to find someone to take the next size.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I donate them. :) It makes me feel good. You might get a tax break idk lol
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Donate them. Or if it's possible I tailor them into funky new clothes I could wear :-)
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just cleaned out my closet had 76 empty hangers! (I was so excited) but I donated it to Goodwill and will use as a tax write off!
  • osimodel
    Options
    they took the words out of my mouth, but ive found if ya keep em its an excuse not to lose the weight so you can fit em still. <--- resembles that remark :(
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The nicer pants (Banana Republic, etc) I'm getting altered to be taken in a size or so. I spent ~ $100 on fixing 5 pr of pants, and that's way less than what I would've spent at BR all over again.

Other stuff is going in my goodwill donation box. After being cataloged VERY specifically so that I can take a nice deduction on my taxes :)

A friend gave me a pair of pants (she's right at a size smaller than me, I think) and I was super stoked about FREE pants.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    give them to me.. duh
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    donate!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Give them to your jealous "fat" friends, who did not support you during this process :)))))) I've read that happens a lot, so don't get mad, get even :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I donated them to a woman's shelter.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Give them to my fat friends in exchange for adipex? hmmm....
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If you have suits or nice work cloths, please consider "Dress for Success" in your area where they help women, and men I think, who are being helped back into the community from being homeless or incarcerated. It's a worthy organization and yes, it is a tax write off.
  • clong1985
    Options
    I donate to Salvation Army or the Society of St. Vincent De Paul.
    I can't wait to get to the point where I can donate some clothes!!!! :)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Give them to your jealous "fat" friends, who did not support you during this process :)))))) I've read that happens a lot, so don't get mad, get even :)

HAHAHA! I have a friend who keeps telling me she's a lot smaller than me. But when I said I lost weight & cant fit into some of my clothes anymore she said she really wanted them all.... LOL!?!?!?! She wants to clothes I wore 35lbs ago, yet she thinks she's smaller than me now? Hmmmm. LOL
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I never had many "fat" clothes to begin with but at some point I'm going to donate them somewhere. As a stay at home mom on a tight budget I really only have one pair of pants at a time (sad, I know) and I've lost two sizes, so I have two pairs of pants to get rid of. I'm pregnant again so most of my shirts will fit for a while.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    some went to goodwill and others went to my FAT friends, lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!