whats with the tanning?

Options
13»

Replies

• emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I come from the country with the highest skin cancer rate in the world, and reading people talking about sun beds like they are a harmless beauty treatment is disturbing. I guess Adross is right, for some it is about vanity and not health.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I actually use one for medical reasons...psoriasis. I only go in for 5min per session so I'm only semi tan, I don't do it for the tan though.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I love being pasty pale! I have a alabaster tone going on and I do not want cancer. Besides...being tan and Goth do not go together, lol.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I used to tan regularly in the beds. We have a boat and spend time outside in a bathing suit and I didn't want to be pale. Now I have been using the spray and it is so much better. I wish I could accept the pale red head in me.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I get the fact that a lot of people like tanning in beds to feel better about themselves and to get that "glow". I used to fake and bake like crazy when I was younger for about two years, definitely was addicted. My friend did the same but continues to tan still three days a week. We are both 28 and she looks about ten years older from all the damage to her skin (she is naturally very fair and tans about three times a week to the point where she now looks ethnic). Plus I don't quite get her obsession with looking tanned all year round, especially since we live in Canada and nine months out of the year, it is winter lol;) I think there is a big difference between putting on sunscreen in the summer and getting a bit of sun and happiness rather than roasting your skin in a tanning booth! So not worth it especially since a spray tan looks just as good if you are craving a bit of color:)