looking for some good atheist support !!

Looking for friends who are losing weight without a God's help.

Psalm 4.97 - You only have yourself to blame for getting overweight. You only have yourself to credit for your success.

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I typically make sacrifices to the Devil to shed the pounds. :drinker:
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    what does it matter anyway?
  • Sorry no atheist here. But my view is God gave me this perfectly good body and gave me the responsibility, opportunity and choice to take care of it.
    So no God's help in losing weight.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    LOL, hiding behind the privacy wall...
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    LOL, hiding behind the privacy wall...

? Are you talking about me ?
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member

Maybe she doesn't appreciate being preached to/at. So in a way, it does matter.
  • pauljsolie
    No, why?
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Basically fed up with all the God chat on here - it is really inappropriate imo. Don't see why I can't try and seek out some rational thinkers for friends, in the same way people look for God worshipers for friends.
  • xchinad0ll

Maybe she doesn't appreciate being preached to/at. So in a way, it does matter.

Yeah, but some people dont preach about it its about weight loss here so again what does it matter...
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    The main thing is that you get support, you are doing an amazing job! Congrats on your journey so far and keep up the awesome work!
  • pauljsolie
    Don't read the God chat then.
  • xchinad0ll
    Basically fed up with all the God chat on here - it is really inappropriate imo. Don't see why I can't try and seek out some rational thinkers for friends, in the same way people look for God worshipers for friends.

Well if it bothers you so much why don't you just tell them up front your not interested (if they decide to "preach") and carry on with the friendship? I'm not saying this in a rude way just so you know.
  • i'm agnostic, no one accepts me *sobs*
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    I do think the "God chat" is inappropriate on here. It shouldn't matter . But then I suppose everybody is entitled to their opinion , and if that is what is giving a person inspiration....live and let live. Atheism discussions equally inappropriate!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member

I haven't seen much "God chat" on here, compared to other forums.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    I agree with you. Not meaning to disrespect anybody but I do not not believe in god and while I totally respect everyone elses views I don't feel comfortable having them thrust upon me at all and there's a lot of that goes on here but hey! Each to their own, I wouldn't have been daring enough to post this.

Feel free to add me for practical advice and support x
  • pauljsolie
    I do think the "God chat" is inappropriate on here. It shouldn't matter . But then I suppose everybody is entitled to their opinion , and if that is what is giving a person inspiration....live and let live. Atheism discussions equally inappropriate!
    I agree wholeheartedly. I just don't understand the "haters".
    edit: on either side. I hope everyone has success with losing weight.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    proud out atheist here!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    maybe everyone should think of GOD as representing GOOD OLE DIET! and keep it movin!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I agree wholeheartedly. I just don't understand the "haters".
    edit: on either side. I hope everyone has success with losing weight.

I hardly think the OP was being a 'hater'.
    In my opinion, that term is bandied about way to often, and seems to be a shorthand for 'someone who expresses a view I don't like'.
This discussion has been closed.