Tips to tone my THIGHS, ARMS & BELLY.. HELP!

I am desperate to tone and lose my thighs, arms and belly. I can’t STAND the way I look. :glasses: I know cardio will help, but my issue is... I am recovering from a fractured foot so I can’t do a lot of jumping/running! I go for hour speed walks in the am on weekends. I do some stepping and minro running on my Wii fit. It just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. :ohwell:

You know the typical “women issues” – I really want to tone these down…

Please offer any TIPS, SUGGESTIONS, ADVICE, ETC.:flowerforyou:

Add me as a friend- I love meeting new people and supporting others~ :drinker:

-Monroe121 :smile:

Replies

• bump, interested in replies.
  • lemonyposset
    lemonyposset Posts: 31 Member
    I'd say you need to include some strength training.

I've been doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and am seeing great results.
  • Rock Climbing!!!!
  • I do a class called Body Pump that is amazing for toning these areas - espescially the thighs and arms and involves no running or jumping whatsoever but burns so many calories! I combine two Body Pump Classes with Two Spinning Classes, Two Yoga and Two Pilates each week. I'm really starting to notice a difference in my body shape.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    30 day shred. kettlebells. p90x. circut training
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    bump... interested in topic thanks for posting.:flowerforyou:
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    You can do cardio until the cows come home....if you don't incorporate weights and a sound clean diet, you won't get your desired results.
    Excessive cardio is not the answer. :)
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member

Same here.....in 2 weeks I lose 1 inch at my waist, one at my belly button, one at my calves and even my batwings started shrinking!!!!
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    thighs - squats, and for me, the elliptical machine has done wonders

arms - boxing and weights. I use the Wii Boxing. I'm worn out after about 15 minutes. But you have to alternate your main punching arm.

belly - get an exercise ball, and do crunches. Alternate doing straight up, and then twist right and left. This one is a tough area for me, still working hard on it.
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    30 day shred. kettlebells. p90x. circut training

The 30 Day Shred has a lot of JUMPING! Which I need to avoid just until I fully recover
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 315 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hi nice to meet you! Since you can't do as much cardio, the rowing machine is a great total body workout when you have an injury. When I do it, I feel the burn in my arms, shoulders, back, thighs, quads, & calves. Some people even say they feel it in their stomach. You can also do squats & lunges. Try to build up doing push-ups. Start with 3-5 sets of 5 if that's where you have to start. You will notice you get stronger & can add more. The plank is good to do to strengthen your core as well as crunches. Hope this helps! :happy:
  • Monroe121

Is this a video?
  • Monroe121
    :flowerforyou: Hi nice to meet you! Since you can't do as much cardio, the rowing machine is a great total body workout when you have an injury. When I do it, I feel the burn in my arms, shoulders, back, thighs, quads, & calves. Some people even say they feel it in their stomach. You can also do squats & lunges. Try to build up doing push-ups. Start with 3-5 sets of 5 if that's where you have to start. You will notice you get stronger & can add more. The plank is good to do to strengthen your core as well as crunches. Hope this helps! :happy:

Niiiice! thank you! Sounds awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I always get great results from the 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30. They are short workouts which are perfect for me to fit in everyday and never make an excuse to not to them.

Yes there is jumping but you can modify lots of it. Jillian really stresses modifying for low impact in Ripped by leaving out the jumping. I am not a fan of Jillian and she talks too much just to hear herself talk thinking shes being inspirational so I have to tune her out but her workouts are great.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    I bought some Butt Shaper shoes and cut my sodium. 6 weeks later I had lost 9 1/2 inches in each thigh and my calves and booty look good! Go ahead. Look at my pictures! lol:happy: After I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred my belly and arms look amazing but my boobs shrunk. :sad:
  • lemonyposset

Same here.....in 2 weeks I lose 1 inch at my waist, one at my belly button, one at my calves and even my batwings started shrinking!!!!

well done :-)

I'll be doing my last workout of stage one tomorrow night and have held off taking any measurements until I completed the first stage. So Saturday morning I'll be at the ready with my tape measure.
    I can tell without measuring though that it's working already.
  • cycling for your legs, or squats alone , hand wieghts for your arms , but you have to keep this up if you want results, anything resistance will tone you up.
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Bump - some great replies to a great question - lots to consider. Thanks to all!
  • lemonyposset

Is this a video?

It's a book.

It gives you a structured strength workout of, I think 7 or 8 stages whch should take about a month each to complete, so you never get bored.
    I bought mine off Amazon, but if you google you should find it.
  • Monroe121
    thighs - squats, and for me, the elliptical machine has done wonders

arms - boxing and weights. I use the Wii Boxing. I'm worn out after about 15 minutes. But you have to alternate your main punching arm.

belly - get an exercise ball, and do crunches. Alternate doing straight up, and then twist right and left. This one is a tough area for me, still working hard on it.

I Love my Wii and the boxing! Ok! Thank You :flowerforyou: