Mayo on HotDogs

Options
Is this weird? I know hot dogs aren't good for you, but I still like to enjoy them from time to time. When I do, I always put mayo on them. My friends look at me like I'm a freak!

Does anyone else do this? What toppings do you like on your hot dogs?

Discuss.

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I love mayo on everything!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Mixture of mayo, ketchup and mustard. Nothing else!!!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Dude, I always put mayo on hot dogs. I don't care. It's delicious. I also like relish, a bit of ketchup, and onions.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    my daughter loves mayo on her hot dogs! i think it's icky, but hey, to each his/her own! my husband is a mayo fiend... i only enjoy it (a little) in tuna.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut, dill relish, onion and mustard is the bomb! But the hotdogs have to be BBQ'd, none of this boiled on the stove nonsense. And preferably while camping!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Lol I must say I've never heard of that one before !

As a kid I would eat mine with cheese and ketchup.

Now I eat it with ketchup, mustard, relish (if available) and onions (if I really feel like it).
  • DnAmommy
    DnAmommy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A few years back I would have looked at you silly but my daughter loves mayo and the only way she'll eat a hot dog is with mayo. So don't worry, you're not alone! Have a great day.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    my daughter loves mayo on her hot dogs! i think it's icky, but hey, to each his/her own! my husband is a mayo fiend... i only enjoy it (a little) in tuna.

yes, a little mayo on the tuna is great!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I used to put mayo on them, years ago.

I like horseradish and spicy mustard now.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yes, weird. i like mine to be beef with cheese, mustard, chili, onions, and saurkraut on a nice soft squishy bun. Now, when I eat them, they are turkey franks, with mustard, no bun.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You should try Smartdogs. Barely any calories or fat but you still get the hotdog-i-ness you are looking for.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options

yes, a little mayo on the tuna is great!

o.O
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    MAYO ON EVERYTHING!! Love mayo - mix it up with some Sriracha and garlic for some POW!
    Have you tried to make your own Mayo? Super easy :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ketchup, cheddar cheese and relish.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love mayo on everything!
    I'm with you MaryBBrown!!! :wink:
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I love mayo! I use kraft olive oil may its only 45 calories and if you can find (steal) some packets from a fast food place (panera bread, chick fil a) its only like 30 per packet. I do that sometimes to take for work. I like to mix bbq sauce with mayo for my fies and chicken. Sounds super weird but it is really good! I put mayo chili and cheese on my hot dogs, i use the whitewheat buns they are only 90 calories and try to get light or 98% fat free hot dogs so the calories aren't too bad.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I enjoy creamy sauces on hot dogs as well.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I love mayo. I've been known to put it on a hot dog or two.... with ketchup and mustard and relish.

Although, I cannot remember the last time I actually had a hot dog.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Is this weird? I know hot dogs aren't good for you, but I still like to enjoy them from time to time. When I do, I always put mayo on them. My friends look at me like I'm a freak!

Does anyone else do this? What toppings do you like on your hot dogs?

Discuss.

I refuse to call you a freak.. My 91 year old grammy dips her french fries in mayo.. as far as hot dogs they aren't that horrible for you... Just watched an episode of hungry girl and she had a bacon wrapped one on her show that was less than 300 calories with everything :) I like kraut and mustard or onions and ketchup
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I've heard of mayo on hot dogs, my DH loves that. I love kraut or mustard,dill relish and onion, yummo! I really like the Oscar Meyer turkey dogs with no nitrates, I love that I can have hotdogs again!