Mayo on HotDogs

Options

Replies

• 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Sauerkraut, dill relish, onion and mustard is the bomb! But the hotdogs have to be BBQ'd, none of this boiled on the stove nonsense. And preferably while camping!

I hate boiled hot dogs! I put them in the toaster oven and I love when they are cooked on the grill.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    the best is chili and cheese!

or heaping saurkraut and green peppers.

or yellow mustard wrapped with a thin slice of cheddar (no bun).

mayo wouldn't make my top three.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You should try Smartdogs. Barely any calories or fat but you still get the hotdog-i-ness you are looking for.

where would one find smartdogs? I went percatarian a few months ago and miss hot dogs :( I do enjoy the MSF corn dogs.. yummy
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love hot dogs and I love mayo, so now that I'm trying to watch what I eat, and I try not to eat processed foods very often, I will partake in a 40 calorie turkey dog with Kraft Light mayo with Olive Oil and some light bread. Oh yeah!
    I never thought I would like a turkey dog but I tried it and it was good.
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Is this weird? I know hot dogs aren't good for you, but I still like to enjoy them from time to time. When I do, I always put mayo on them. My friends look at me like I'm a freak!

Does anyone else do this? What toppings do you like on your hot dogs?

Discuss.

I refuse to call you a freak.. My 91 year old grammy dips her french fries in mayo.. as far as hot dogs they aren't that horrible for you... Just watched an episode of hungry girl and she had a bacon wrapped one on her show that was less than 300 calories with everything :) I like kraut and mustard or onions and ketchup

I use to do the french fry one but then I discovered mayo with bbq sauce. Try before you judge it is not as bad as it sounds!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I never put mayo on them at home, but when I used to get them at gas stations I would squirt an entire package of mayo on them along with mustard and relish.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Plain. The way they were made.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You should try Smartdogs. Barely any calories or fat but you still get the hotdog-i-ness you are looking for.

where would one find smartdogs? I went percatarian a few months ago and miss hot dogs :( I do enjoy the MSF corn dogs.. yummy

Smartdogs are in the produce section, refrigerated. What is a percatarian? Is it similar to a pescetarian?
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    No, but I think mayo is gross anyway.
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    I love mayo! I use kraft olive oil may its only 45 calories and if you can find (steal) some packets from a fast food place (panera bread, chick fil a) its only like 30 per packet. I do that sometimes to take for work. I like to mix bbq sauce with mayo for my fies and chicken. Sounds super weird but it is really good! I put mayo chili and cheese on my hot dogs, i use the whitewheat buns they are only 90 calories and try to get light or 98% fat free hot dogs so the calories aren't too bad.

i like to use chili powder in mayo... also good for a dip for chicken nuggets, fish sticks, etc..
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Smartdogs are in the produce section, refrigerated. What is a percatarian? Is it similar to a pescetarian?

It is someone who only eats percocet.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Mayo, ketchup, and onions! My husband thinks I'm a freak with the mayo. He doesn't know what he is missing:)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    well i think its ok personally BUT my husband loves it that way lol he thinks i am weird for putting celery salt on mine but its what we do cause we have hot wieners and no one else has them so its weird to him lmao
  • irishredgirl70
    irishredgirl70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love mayo, ketchup, and mustard mixed together, I get crazy looks all the time too.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Is this weird? I know hot dogs aren't good for you, but I still like to enjoy them from time to time. When I do, I always put mayo on them. My friends look at me like I'm a freak!

Does anyone else do this? What toppings do you like on your hot dogs?

Discuss.

I refuse to call you a freak.. My 91 year old grammy dips her french fries in mayo.. as far as hot dogs they aren't that horrible for you... Just watched an episode of hungry girl and she had a bacon wrapped one on her show that was less than 300 calories with everything :) I like kraut and mustard or onions and ketchup
    Cheese and mustard mayo and beer-soaked fried onions... yummy! :love:

I always have mayo with my fries... I think it's weird that folk would want to have them with ketchup!!! :noway:
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options

You can also get Tofu Pups or Tofurky Dogs which are good. They are usually in the produce section with the tofu
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING is good on a hot dog.:happy:
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When I splurge (which is once a month, if that), I go to Sonic and have a chili-cheese dog - they are sooo good! I also like a dog with sauerkraut and spicy mustard - yummy!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ok people, im gonna educate you on what is good on a hotdog :D

if im out, ill generally have (and yes, i stil have it now on occasion and im still losing weight), garlic butter, cream cheese, sauce (thats what us aussies call ketchup) and mustard, i prefer hot english, but american will suffice.

but the best one, and this is what i have at home.

i cook the dog in the microwave. i cut the roll on the top rather than the side, so it stands up easier. then spread the hot mustard on the bun. put the dog i and put a little ketchup on top. then a can of baked beans (i like the ham sauce one) then on top of the beans a couple of slices of kraft singles (similar to your sliced american cheese, the stuff that doesnt melt like normal cheese).

then you heat it all up in the microwave.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thats what im having for dinner tonight i think.