Does squash count as water??

Options
124»

Replies

• lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would say yes, but count the calories. I drink the sugar free stuff which has barely any calories and try to make it as weak as I can, but it is the only way I can drink enough water each day as its easy to drink quickly if you don't like the taste of water :)
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yes. The same way that newspaper wrapped with twine counts as shoes.

Seriously, if you mean the brand of low calorie beverage available in parts of Europe called Squash, I think the answer is yes PROVIDED you count the calories in addition to the water. If you really do mean the vegetable, "squash," then, no.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    At first :noway:

Then :huh:

Now :drinker:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Everything that contains water hydrates you, and counts as water consumption. Yes, that includes caffeinated beverages. The additional fluid consumed outweighs the diuretic effect of caffeine.

Everyone telling you otherwise is straight up wrong. People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.
    This.
  • neenorROAR
    Options
    Honestly, I think if you want to count it as water you can. Personally I don't count it, but I tend to drink plain water anyway.

Incidentally, regarding the squash mix up, squash can be a drink or a fruit, but never a vegetable ;)
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    IF it does NOT look like water than it is NOT
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the explanations about "Squash". I was starting to hope I could count marshmallows as roast beef!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Can you suck it through a straw?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Can you suck it through a straw?

I knew this one gal...
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Everything that contains water hydrates you, and counts as water consumption. Yes, that includes caffeinated beverages. The additional fluid consumed outweighs the diuretic effect of caffeine.

Everyone telling you otherwise is straight up wrong. People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

This ????and this ????

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/water-drinks.aspx
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think if you want to count it as water you can. Personally I don't count it, but I tend to drink plain water anyway.

Incidentally, regarding the squash mix up, squash can be a drink or a fruit, but never a vegetable ;)

Reminds me of a quote. There is a difference between knowledge and wisdom.
    Knowledge dictates that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom dictates that you don't put a tomato in a fruit salad.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Nope..I don't even count tea/coffee as water either..........Just water!

^^^^ this.. I log my tea and coffee, but don't count it as water. Just count water as water