I QUIT!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jdlove
    jdlove Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

I quit smoking in May 2008 and feel so much better.
    I used the drug Champix - a miracle drug!! If you find it tough consider asking your doctor about it.

Good Luck!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You're going to be so much healthier and so will your little Owen's little lungs. I'm sure the non-smokers that are around you will be grateful too. :happy: Good luck to you. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOO! Good for you! :happy:
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you, I am very proud!!!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    it has been almost 2 years for me, I don't miss it one bit. i feel better I smell better, I have some change in the bank.

Just a warning it's not going to be EZ hang in there, keep up the good work.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Its totally worth it!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Smoking.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fooled ya!

Ok, seriously now, I did. As of today. It's my birthday present to myself. Clean lungs.

Anyway, I've been holding it back because I wasn't entirely sure I could do it, but you know what, I can and I will and I've made it half a day so far and I'll just keep taking one step at a time!!!!

Have a great day everyone! :drinker:

I am so happy that you have made the choice to live healthier!! Congratulations on making this decision. It will not only make you healthier but Owen too!
  • pparker2214
    pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I quit 4 days ago!! for the second time! lol... I quit a few years ago when I found out I was preggers...was a non-smoker for about 3 years til docs found a brain tumor in my momma! :sad:
    started smoking again in October... her sugery was Dec. 16th.. and I said I'd quit after it was all over with... the tumor is benign... she's home and recovering slowly but surely.. and I've been off the smokes for 4 days.. the key is to set your self up for success.. tell everyone your quitting.. clean the smell out of your clothes, house, car, etc.... get some gum.. or sunflower seeds.. often its the habit of time of day or in the car that's harder to break than the chemical addiction.. you can do it lady!! Don't forget to tell yourself all the things your gaining and not what your losing.. you lungs begin to heal in the first 24hours.. (and the hardest days are the first 3!) stay strong... and I will keep you in my prayers!! :flowerforyou:

Penny
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    good for you. I quit 16 years ago. I just tossed them in the garbage. I know easier said then done. But if you have the will you can do it and we are here to cheer you on :drinker: With water of coarse. You'll feel so much better. :happy:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well done you !!! :drinker:
    I gave up 11 years ago, here's to healthy lungs :flowerforyou:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    GOOD JOB.....What a great birthday gift you have given yourself and your family......I quit "cold turkey" 12 years ago...after smoking at least 2 packs a day..but most days more....for over 40 years.....It is hard...but do not give in to the cravings...Take it one day at a time...one hour at a time....YOU CAN DO THIS.......I like that you are keeping track of the money saved....I hope you are putting that money away so you can reward your self on your one year anniversary....Wow it is going to be a very big reward...plus you will have clean healthy lungs.....:flowerforyou:
  • GinaMV
    GinaMV Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratulations. You have the right attitude - ONE DAY AT A TIME. I quit cold turkey 5 years ago and the list of health benefits I've been rewarded with far outweigh the few months of cravings (and *****iness). Find people who are close to you to support you. You'll do great! Good luck~!!
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

One of the best things you can do for your health.
    -Cheers,
    John