Twilight

Options
Losing_It
Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
I just read the first 3 books..in 2 days...and I'm going to pick up the last one tonight.:heart::heart: This is THE best series I've read (Harry Potter is a close 2nd) . Have YOU read them? And...anyone know of any other books that are a series like this that are really good?

Replies

• Losing_It
    Options
    I just read the first 3 books..in 2 days...and I'm going to pick up the last one tonight.:heart::heart: This is THE best series I've read (Harry Potter is a close 2nd) . Have YOU read them? And...anyone know of any other books that are a series like this that are really good?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I just started the third book - they are addicting - what are we going to do when we finish with the last one??
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Yes they are sooooo addicting. The literature may not be brilliant hahaha, but I love the story!
  • cmrmure
    Options
    haha I've read all four about three or four times since August. I finally had to tell myself I couldn't read them again until summer.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i just read the first two and need to pick up the last two. i feel like i am having withdrawals but i need to catch up on my sleep - i was staying up waaay to late reading them. they are addicting!
  • cmrmure
    Options
    The Host, by the same author is really good too. A little weird the first 70 pages or so but I loved it. Also go on her website www.stepheniemeyer.com and you can read outtakes from all the books and Midnight Sun. (Which is Twilight written from Edwards perspective) It was leaked online before it was published and only half of it is on there, but it is by far my favorite! Happy reading! (I found I could do the stationary bike forever if I was reading a twilight book)
  • FletcherChic
    Options

if you go to Stephenie Meyer's website you will find a link for "MIdnight Sun"...it is Twilight but told from Edward's point of view....it isn't very long - only about 250 pages but very good!!! :smile:

Have you seen the movie yet? i just saw it and i think i prefer the book...it's much more intense! Edward wasn't how i imgained him, but the guy in the movie DID grow on me and by the end of the movie i was goo-goo-ga-ga-ing over him like a 16 year old! ha ha ha
  • cmrmure
    Options
    I didn't like the movie the first time I saw it, they just missed a lot of my favorite things from the book. BUT the 2nd time I saw it I LOVED it! ...and edward! So see it again and you will love it even more!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie but i thought looking at the previews that he should have been better looking - not to sound mean but he's so perfect in the books
  • Losing_It
    Options
    I just started the third book - they are addicting - what are we going to do when we finish with the last one??

Good question...I'm already depressed just thinking about it! :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    The Host, by the same author is really good too. A little weird the first 70 pages or so but I loved it. Also go on her website www.stepheniemeyer.com and you can read outtakes from all the books and Midnight Sun. (Which is Twilight written from Edwards perspective) It was leaked online before it was published and only half of it is on there, but it is by far my favorite! Happy reading! (I found I could do the stationary bike forever if I was reading a twilight book)

Maybe I'll try the bike thing while reading the last one. :smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

Good question...I'm already depressed just thinking about it! :laugh:

Hope "Midnight Sun" eventually comes out. :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    Me too Bunny..I was just reading about the leak and her putting it on hold!!:grumble:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Me too Bunny..I was just reading about the leak and her putting it on hold!!:grumble:

Totally bummed me out... I don't relate well to a teenage girl but for some odd reason...I totally get a 100 yearold Vampire... go figure. :noway:
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi i am new to the website (today) and I came across the forums. LOVE TWILIGHT :love: ! I've read all 4 books and saw the movie. I've got all my friends reading them now. So great!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Love Twilight! I can admit here that my 31 year old boyfriend read all of them before I did, lol.

I haven't decided to start the second yet for fear of getting sucked in like I did with Twilight!

So much fun though!

I didn't love the movie. I had just finished Twilight and got annoyed by how different it was from the book. I am crossing my fingers that the New Moon movie will be better.

:laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    Love Twilight! I can admit here that my 31 year old boyfriend read all of them before I did, lol.

I haven't decided to start the second yet for fear of getting sucked in like I did with Twilight!

So much fun though!

I didn't love the movie. I had just finished Twilight and got annoyed by how different it was from the book. I am crossing my fingers that the New Moon movie will be better.

The book is always better than the movie! And trust me..you will get sucked in!! I'm freaking out because our Library was closed today and Kroger was sold out of the last one! I NEED IT! :grumble:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    my 11 year old just finished the entire series in about 3 weeks....and we didn't see her for almost that amount of time...her face was always in one of the books. lol
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

So much fun though!

The book is always better than the movie! And trust me..you will get sucked in!! I'm freaking out because our Library was closed today and Kroger was sold out of the last one! I NEED IT! :grumble:

If you can wait, they are pretty cheap on Amazon
  • FletcherChic
    Options

So much fun though!

If you can wait, they are pretty cheap on Amazon

check out overstock.com....they are much cheaper than amazon and shipping is cheap!!!! :love: