Twilight

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    I read all 4 books in a week. Absolutely love them! Went to see the movie and was very disappointed! I was definitely expecting more...it seemed to me that they rushed through alot of the parts but then again that would have made the movie 3 1/2 hours long instead of normal time.. lol! I think the only thing that will save the movie for me at this point is possibly having ALOT of additional footage on the DVD when it comes out.

Otherwise, Im looking forward to seeing the 2nd movie because it is being directed by Chris Wietz, the guy who did American Pie and The Golden Compass. The 2nd film better have all those special effects in it.... or I give up... :laugh: :noway: He said he promises to keep as close to the book as possible and he is using the previous directors casting.

The 4th book is AWESOME, especially near the end. Im just bummed it is the last and final book :sad:

I just ordered The Host by the same author. The review looks promising and since I loved this series I figured Id give it a shot.
  • Ive read all of them but the last one waiting for it from my library.The movie was good but kind of disappointed.We shall see in Dec how the 2nd one turns out.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Hopefully since she's making a TON of money on these books, she'll add more to the series!:bigsmile:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    :glasses: I'm reading the 2nd book right now.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    OK.. did you say 'Better' than Harry Potter? :noway:

that's a pretty tall order!

maybe I should give them a try... I've been in mourning since I read book 7 of HP... :sad:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    its NOT better than HP, but just as addicting. just keep an open mind and dont expect it to be like HP - totally different.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    We are all EDWARD JUNKIES!!
  • heather0mc
    i HEART edward!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I saw a girl in the mall who had a bag that said that - even my kids didn't get it at first I had to explain....teenagers! hmm.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    I like them better than HP also. I think her writing is better.
  • heather0mc
    I saw a girl in the mall who had a bag that said that - even my kids didn't get it at first I had to explain....teenagers! hmm.

ooooo, i want one. would that be weird for a 33 year old to have that bag? maybe so...:brokenheart:
  • Losing_It

ooooo, i want one. would that be weird for a 33 year old to have that bag? maybe so...:brokenheart:

Well, I'm going to be 31 on the 31st and I'd pack it proudly! LOL Hubby may not like it though!
  • Losing_It
    Well, I think I MAY get the 4th book FINALLY on Saturday! Borders is getting a shipment in and SUPPOSEDLY holding one for me. Kroger got a shipment in today and they flew off the shelf before 20 minutes were gone by! :mad: :mad: :mad: I swear..I'm going to need therapy after this! :noway:

Did I mention I am number 346 on the waiting list at the local library? HAHAHA
  • heather0mc

Well, I'm going to be 31 on the 31st and I'd pack it proudly! LOL Hubby may not like it though!

LOL - my b-day is on the 31st (of aug). it was fun to turn 31 on the 31st...OH and my friend's 12 year old is going to lend me the 3rd tomorrow ~ i know what i am doing this weekend!!! :love:
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    :heart: this series.

I'm not much of a reader, but when I went to Dominican about a month ago I bought the first 2 books at the airport... I read them so fast!

Also, Check out the soundtrack... It's simply amazing.
  • i just finished book 3 (and am paying the price for staying up till midnight to finish!)...i can't believe this old lady (me!) has gotten sucked into the teenage love drama! ha ha ha...anyhow - check out the link below...it's a cute video :flowerforyou:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/2682918
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    You have to read the Snookie Stackhouse books by Charliane harris There are a ton. Lot of similarities. Human girl, vampire hottie, werewolves. You can get them on Amazon.com most of them are in paper back.
  • I love Twilight too. I read all 4 books this summer and then went and watched the movie when it came out. And I didn't think the movie was too bad, for squeezing a 700 pg. book into a 2.5 hr movie!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    I have read both the Sookie Stackhouse and the Twilight series and loved them both :)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    You have to read the Snookie Stackhouse books by Charliane harris There are a ton. Lot of similarities. Human girl, vampire hottie, werewolves. You can get them on Amazon.com most of them are in paper back.

I agree! Anna, I took your advice about this when you posted this to a similar thread a few months ago and I loved the Sookie Stackhouse series as well! I've read them all now, and there's another one coming out in May...
This discussion has been closed.