Options
2»

Replies

• 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Eggs
    Cottage Cheese
    High purity whey protein mix (at least 22 grams protein for 120 calorie serving, that is my cut off), I do not drink it for flavor
    Animal parts of any kind, trim the fat
    Fish
    Fish
    Fish
    Fish
    Fish
    Animals
    FISH

Beware the fake proteins like qinoa, granola and whatever else gets tossed around as high protein grain like substances. The numbers do not add up. Even qinoa, which is high in protein compared to grains, cannot even come close to being a high protein source compared to cottage cheese.

I'm guessing....Paleo or Primal? Lol. I'm a veg and the guy I'm dating is all for Grok...so this is always an interesting conversation for us, lol.

I am dabbling in ultra low carb right now, and I have nothing against qinoa and enjoy it as the superior grain substitute that it is, but it is not a high protein food. It is a high carb food, with some protein in it. It is marketed as high protein, which it is not when compared to real protein foods, which was the reason for my caution.

Having said that, qinoa is a good carb to include in a diet if you are trying to up the protein, and want to replace another carb like bread or rice.
  • NonaD
    Options
    To the TheMaidOfAstolat ..... To say that all posts from members without pictures are "spammers" is not accurate. I am certainly not a spammer and have lost 100 lbs before joining this site. I just have not posted my photo yet. Good luck with your journey.