Skinny Dippers! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    <--- Amanda. :flowerforyou: I'll be helping out Alex.

Add me if you'd like!! :happy:
  • Stampinda
    Options
    I can't believe I said I'm 27! That's crazy. No, I'm 29. Wow, I wrote that and reread it and didn't even blink an eye. I'm in denial that I'm turning 30 in 6 month.

Lol.....Instead of celebrating a new age every year, I celebrate the anniversary of my 29th birthday. :P

PS: I love that you "won big" on Wheel of Fortune, too! That's very cool. :)
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am for challenges and weigh ins (currently Friday is the best day for me personally). I didn't mention that I am an RN. I also forgot to mention that my 1st goal weight is 180 lbs so I have a looooong way to go. (yes, I have many mini goals to break that up so I don't feel overwhelmed at the thought!)
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    whats for lunch today??
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well... just finished breakfast but we have hubby's work thing this afternoon... I am a bit concerned since I don't know what is being served but at least I currently have a fair number of calories per day so I do have wiggle room. Also going out to brother's for dinner... s.i.l. is cooking a ww dinner so things should be fairly calm there! Tomorrow we have a bbq with the neighbors at our place. *whew!* I never have this kind of social life!
  • Stampinda
    Options
    whats for lunch today??

I'm thinking chili. It just feels like chili weather. :)
  • szimba
    Options
    whats for lunch today??

yum! I love making veggie chili with a kick :) There's not much to work with in my house right now, i'm thinking i'm gonna go with the standard pb&j haha
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party! I just saw that you created a new thread!

Alright, My name is Jenny - you can call me Jenny and not JenKaMac...I live in Washington State and I am 27 and married to my college sweetheart and we have two fat cats! My husband is a videographer and I am a performer and a private voice and piano coach. I am 5'2" and currently around 134.5 given the day. My highest weight was in college at 147 and I am at the weight I was when I got married. But, I have always wanted to be 120 and I just can't seem to get below 130! I think it's a mind block or something. Annnddd.. I like to eat.

3 things:

1) I'm an opera singer - yep, we do exist even at my young age, and no I do not wear viking horns.
    2) I love to cook, if I wasn't a singer I may have gone to culinary school. I also LOVE shopping and wish I could sew a little better.
    3) I won big on Wheel of Fortune a few years ago. It was pretty sweet.

I'm really needing this and the accountability! I'm totally up for weekly weigh-ins, I really suck and weighing myself. I just won't do it until I feel "skinny".

So awesome about Wheel of Fortune!! And totally lol about the age thing, I really have to stop and think about how old I am all the time!
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    Well... just finished breakfast but we have hubby's work thing this afternoon... I am a bit concerned since I don't know what is being served but at least I currently have a fair number of calories per day so I do have wiggle room. Also going out to brother's for dinner... s.i.l. is cooking a ww dinner so things should be fairly calm there! Tomorrow we have a bbq with the neighbors at our place. *whew!* I never have this kind of social life!

I know it is so hard at social events to keep in control of what I'm eating, so good luck!
  • Stampinda
    Options
    whats for lunch today??

yum! I love making veggie chili with a kick :) There's not much to work with in my house right now, i'm thinking i'm gonna go with the standard pb&j haha

"....with a kick". What's the kick?? I think I'd like your recipe! :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Just had this.... Om nom nom. Seriously, scrumptious! essen.gif

baked-bananas.jpg

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/10/baked-bananas.html
  • szimba
    Options
    Just had this.... Om nom nom. Seriously, scrumptious! essen.gif

baked-bananas.jpg

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/10/baked-bananas.html

omg, I love skinnytaste.com

I've been wanting to try to make that too! Maybe i'll have one with my pb&j haha
  • szimba
    Options
    whats for lunch today??

I always make it different haha Its usually a lot of different beans and yellow and orange bell peppers. and then I'll add whatever veggies are looking good at the time, zucchini and corn is always yummy to add. I grow a lot off different kinds of hot peppers in my garden so I'll use either jalapenos or habaneros to make it spicy and if it ends too spicy i'll add a little honey or brown sugar to sweeten the spice :)
  • Stampinda
    Options
    whats for lunch today??

I always make it different haha Its usually a lot of different beans and yellow and orange bell peppers. and then I'll add whatever veggies are looking good at the time, zucchini and corn is always yummy to add. I grow a lot off different kinds of hot peppers in my garden so I'll use either jalapenos or habaneros to make it spicy and if it ends too spicy i'll add a little honey or brown sugar to sweeten the spice :)

Sounds DELISH. I was gonna pull out a can but now I think I'm going to round up the fixin's and make it FRESH. :)
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hellloooo lovelies!

Soooooo I didn't do soooo great last night, and I'm kinda bummed, but I'm determined to not do what I've done in the past aka wallow in my self pity and a giant plate of perogies- such a Pittsburgher haha. I went to the bar with my friend who I haven't seen in 7 months, and had one too many vodka sodas....and some bar food ugh. No excuses though! I'm going to let Jillian M. kick my butt until I have to go back to the bar to work. Hope you all are doing fantastic!!!!!

P.s. I'm down for whatever weigh-ins or competitions you want to do!!! I love stuff like that, so bring it on!! I'll check back later after work for updates!

Deuces all! :happy:
  • Stampinda
    Options
    Hellloooo lovelies!

Soooooo I didn't do soooo great last night, and I'm kinda bummed, but I'm determined to not do what I've done in the past aka wallow in my self pity and a giant plate of perogies- such a Pittsburgher haha. I went to the bar with my friend who I haven't seen in 7 months, and had one too many vodka sodas....and some bar food ugh. No excuses though! I'm going to let Jillian M. kick my butt until I have to go back to the bar to work. Hope you all are doing fantastic!!!!!

P.s. I'm down for whatever weigh-ins or competitions you want to do!!! I love stuff like that, so bring it on!! I'll check back later after work for updates!

Deuces all! :happy:

I love, love, LOVE that you've decided you're not going to do what you used to do (wallow), but you're going to do something constructive (work out). We all have those days.....I'm learning it's what I choose afterwards that is making the difference. Good for you!! :):):)
  • Manders1305
    Options
    I invited my best friend to this site, I was wondering if she could join our group? She is down in Cali and it is a way for us to keep up with each other and stay motivated.
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i say YES to your bff!!!

Time to SHRED!! ttyl ladies!!!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Of course your bff can join!!

Guys, I beat a binge last night! I've been telling everyone but I'm just so proud of myself! It was a really stressful day, fight with the bf, moving, and TOM! There was also a half of a sheet cake sitting on the counter which I have been eyeing for the past few days.. I decided on just having one bite, and I was done! All I could think about was how I've been on a plateau and stuck at 163 for almost a month and my weigh in this Wednesday. Though workouts have been suffering, but eating has not.

Lunch for me I'm thinking eggs. I've been craving them like crazy!

Challenges and everything will start Monday so BE PREPARED! :)
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    Ditto here on the eggs for lunch, they actually keep me full for a long time. I beat the urge to binge last night too. My husband works away, he's gone for 8 days, then home for 6, and on the days I'm home alone, once the kids are in bed I eat as a past time. I actually ate one chocolate covered granola bar, which was 140 calories and was done!